test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Equal Artifacts

someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
edited September 2017 in Bug Reports (PC)
Most Ratings give 1% of their corresponding stat per 400 Points. https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Statistics

"If the stat is Maximum Hit Points, the value is quadrupled. At maximum, this is 4,000 for a first or second stat, or 2,400 for a third stat. If 2 stats are listed, each value of stats is halved." https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Artifact

Exotic stats (like Action Point Gain, Combat Advantage, etc) are calculated by the formula:
[ Stat Points = (11.36-(11.36/(0.000138661X29^1.42+1)))*1% ]
This is equivalent to:
100 ~ 0.99%
400 ~ 4.63%
600 ~ 6.25%
1000 ~ 8.14%
1500 ~ 9.29%
2000 ~ 9.89%
3000 ~ 10.49%

Stat Distribution for a mythic artifact (6.5% altogether):
1000 Points
1000 Points
600 Points

Taking into account the information above, I believe that the following artifacts have incorrect attributes.
Artifacts with more than 3-stats:
https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Tome_of_Ascendance Provides extra 1.5% Stat Points (8% total):

https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Eye_of_the_Giant Provides extra 1% Stat Points (7.5% total):

On the contrary the amount of points here correspond to 2600 Points:
image image

@terramak @commanderander @panderus @asterdahl @noworries#8859
Why some artifacts have 600 Points (equivalent to 1.5% Stat Points) more than the rest?

If you think it's WAI, then I think you need to buff artifacts which don't have exotic stats. Such as:
image image
image image

Thanks.

fixed typos
Rimuru?
Dead 🔪
Post edited by someonedies on

Comments

• Options
    cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    They would have had added artifacts with extra stats eventually anyway, what bothers me is that IL is still the same despite more stats provided. It's inconsistent.
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    I would also chalk this up to the fact that the newer artifacts were probably meant to be better to entice people to change.

It's definitely inconsistent but that's neverwinter.
  • Options

They would have had added artifacts with extra stats eventually anyway, what bothers me is that IL is still the same despite more stats provided. It's inconsistent.

They changed some devs and most of these newcomers don't follow(ignore) the old meta.

look, multistat Token of Chromatic Storm perfectly designed.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    Even if they are "wrong", they can't change them now because of the N word.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options

Even if they are "wrong", they can't change them now because of the N word.

Why TF?
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • Options
    eldeskaleldeskal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 214 Arc User
    He intends "Nerf"...
  • Options
    nirafelosnirafelos Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    Once again, I have to object to using the percentages as a means of comparing items for developers, because that is not how the items are designed, and it's not useful information to them beyond communicating "i think there's a problem here, can you take a look?"

So you don't need to go that level of granularity. You can just say, "I think there's a problem here, can you take a look?"

You are correct that it's weird that some of the artifacts with extra stats yield more total stat points than others, and that it's indicative of someone manually overriding the item creation tool or inputting the wrong values.

Again, go to youtube or twitch and watch the livestream from 2 months ago where @rgutscheradev explained how Neverwinter items are designed. He was talking about the Loyal companion gear, but gave an overview on how item creation works.

They select which stats an item should give, give them a 'weight' that adds up to 1, and assign an item level, at which point the game engine assigns an appropriate value to each of the stats, based on an arcane set of rules and algorithms that it's largely not worth reverse engineering, but which definitely tends to yield more total points to items with more different stats than it does to items with fewer stats.

This is why, for instance, triple-stat enchantments have more total stat points than double-stat enchantments have more total stat points than single-stat enchantments. So if it's giving more total stat points to an artifact that has 5 stats than it is to an artifact that has 3 stats, that's working correctly.

So, you're right that there's a discrepancy, but I actually suspect that the outlying more-than-three-stat artifacts yielding more total points are "correct" according to the game engine, and that the ones that you think "correctly add up to 2600" are actually incorrect or were manually adjusted.

I also have to disagree with wanting to buff the 4 artifacts that lack "exotic" stats. The Fragmented Key of Stars belongs in the BiS artifact lineup for every DPS class specifically because it lacks those "exotic" ratings (all of which have exceptionally extreme diminishing returns after ~1200 points) and instead has the three best DPS stats. If the others on that list are under-utilized, it's only because people so highly value Crit on artifacts, and often treat defensive stats as negligible and only consider the offensive stats.

I'd like more artifacts designed like those 4, because I don't give a hamster about control resist or control bonus or aoe resist or action point gain (HRs have terrible dailies, which isn't a bug but feel free to fix that), and Boons alone put me at the softcap for both Stamina Gain and Combat Advantage, which are the only remaining relevant ones. If you do like those "exotic" stats, there's already dozens of artifacts that give them.
  • Options
    nirafelos said:

Once again, I have to object to using the percentages as a means of comparing items for developers, because that is not how the items are designed, and it's not useful information to them beyond communicating "i think there's a problem here, can you take a look?"

So you don't need to go that level of granularity. You can just say, "I think there's a problem here, can you take a look?"

You are correct that it's weird that some of the artifacts with extra stats yield more total stat points than others, and that it's indicative of someone manually overriding the item creation tool or inputting the wrong values.

Again, go to youtube or twitch and watch the livestream from 2 months ago where @rgutscheradev explained how Neverwinter items are designed. He was talking about the Loyal companion gear, but gave an overview on how item creation works.

They select which stats an item should give, give them a 'weight' that adds up to 1, and assign an item level, at which point the game engine assigns an appropriate value to each of the stats, based on an arcane set of rules and algorithms that it's largely not worth reverse engineering, but which definitely tends to yield more total points to items with more different stats than it does to items with fewer stats.

This is why, for instance, triple-stat enchantments have more total stat points than double-stat enchantments have more total stat points than single-stat enchantments. So if it's giving more total stat points to an artifact that has 5 stats than it is to an artifact that has 3 stats, that's working correctly.

So, you're right that there's a discrepancy, but I actually suspect that the outlying more-than-three-stat artifacts yielding more total points are "correct" according to the game engine, and that the ones that you think "correctly add up to 2600" are actually incorrect or were manually adjusted.

I also have to disagree with wanting to buff the 4 artifacts that lack "exotic" stats. The Fragmented Key of Stars belongs in the BiS artifact lineup for every DPS class specifically because it lacks those "exotic" ratings (all of which have exceptionally extreme diminishing returns after ~1200 points) and instead has the three best DPS stats. If the others on that list are under-utilized, it's only because people so highly value Crit on artifacts, and often treat defensive stats as negligible and only consider the offensive stats.

I'd like more artifacts designed like those 4, because I don't give a hamster about control resist or control bonus or aoe resist or action point gain (HRs have terrible dailies, which isn't a bug but feel free to fix that), and Boons alone put me at the softcap for both Stamina Gain and Combat Advantage, which are the only remaining relevant ones. If you do like those "exotic" stats, there's already dozens of artifacts that give them.

No one cares about minor bugs anymore.

I just wanna to add: this game already have multi-stat artifacts and they all already correspond to 2600 stat points, accordingly, I suggest to FIX Eye and Tome stat points.

I can't join a deeper discussion, this language is not native for me, and I cannot calls my girl every time when I wanna to post something on this forum.
    I apologise for any inconvenience and appreciate understanding.
    Thanks.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪