test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Boots of the Alpha (bugged ?)

dragonsbane3dragonsbane3 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
edited August 2017 in General Discussion (PC)
Has anyone else tested these out?

I've been testing the Boots of the Alpha for the last few days. The tool tip reads "At the start of combat, There is a chance to summon a dinosaur to fight for you for 15 secs" First off the proc rate on these seem horrid at best. It has taken up to 30 min to get a single proc and then after that the avg proc has been once per 30 min. This is running from pac to pac in the river area farming lure components and doing random ques at the same time. I've been logging all of the combat via ACT so im able to track it rather well.

The dino when it spawns has 3 attacks. Pounce, Nip and Chomp. Its damage seems to scale with buffs. When soloing the avg hit of Pounce was 84k, Nip was 93k and Chomp was 54k. When grouping in dungeons tha avg Pounce was 153k, Nip 117k and Chomp 80k.

The dmg it is doing is rather amazing a hit since its out for 15 secs but with only about 1 proc per hour ... well.....

I've not tested them out in PvP yet but if it does proc it seems like a possible 1 shot if the buffs are right.
"The Sweet Ain't As Sweet Without The Sour!"
Post edited by dragonsbane3 on

Comments

• Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    i tested this out, as well as the helmet that summons a wraith on kill. From my guess after testing it in well of dragons for a good while, it seems to be a 1 or 2% chance, the wraith is quite potent and scales, but because of the chance it's more than a gimmick than a useful bonus.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    On the other hand the boots are a replacement for vivified relic, and don't require maintainance, anything else is just a bonus.
    No idea what my toon is now.