test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Old Gear that should come back as Transmutes!

Comments

• Options
    araxelvenaraxelven Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Please bring back the Draconic armor pieces for the TR. They are all awesome and the ones I'm missing are being offered for 1.7 to 6M each on the AH. Would it be that much work to code them into the Mantol-Derith store?
  • Options
    gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    So, when can we expect all of this to happen? I'd love to see some of the oldies (Profound greatswords, Shadow wolf pieces...). They're great, but not possible to get for a reasonable price.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User

So, when can we expect all of this to happen? I'd love to see some of the oldies (Profound greatswords, Shadow wolf pieces...). They're great, but not possible to get for a reasonable price.

Unfortunately, probably never. Seems like it would be SUPER easy to do (having some idea of how this works from behind the scenes work in other games), but they don't want to do it for some reason. The most likely reason I can think of is, they have a limited number of skins created and have no resources to design more, so some of the old ones are going to be reused in future content. Upgrades in gear have been very unappealing recently due to only slight stat boost, so the appeal will be the skins....if they give them away for free (essentially), the new gear loses some appeal.

To bad. I have a full set of Draconic templar gear on my hunter on preview that I look at longingly....wishing i wouldn't have salvaged it.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Unfortunately, probably never. Seems like it would be SUPER easy to do (having some idea of how this works from behind the scenes work in other games), but they don't want to do it for some reason. The most likely reason I can think of is, they have a limited number of skins created and have no resources to design more, so some of the old ones are going to be reused in future content. Upgrades in gear have been very unappealing recently due to only slight stat boost, so the appeal will be the skins....if they give them away for free (essentially), the new gear loses some appeal.

To bad. I have a full set of Draconic templar gear on my hunter on preview that I look at longingly....wishing i wouldn't have salvaged it.
    HAMSTER, if designing new weapons is the problem, I could do it if it's in a software I'm at least relatively familiar with. Heck I could even use a software I have on my PC and import them into a format that works on whatever software they're using for modeling and texturing.

I just want the old transmutes back :s
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    At the least they could do is allow various transmutes listed in this thread to be purchased with different event currencies in place. Some might be available from Siege of Neverwinter, possibly also the Proctor's Jubilee, or Gift of the God's Event + others | new or improved rewards expanded like Winter / Summer.

I think Gift of the God's is one of the most fun events there is! I just look forward to this being expanded a little bit more

At least all the OLD Devotee's or Class Armor that was originally available is now purchasable from the PE Market Vendor's for but a few Silver &/or Copper. :)
    • Devotee's all 4 items for Cleric's.
    • Controller's all 4 items for Wizard's.
    • Defender's all 4 items for Wizard's.
    • Trickster's all 4 items for Rogues.
    • Fighter's all 4 items for Great Weapon Fighters.
    • Etc...
    They can be purchased from the Armor Merchant, and the Weapon Merchant also has some.

They introduced a few complete Transmutes SETS with the Underdark vendor, I've suggested adding some to various events, wouldn't hurt if more campaigns expanded purchase options as well.

o:)
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • Options
    Since it's a pretty much official thread, when are the devs gonna respond with some love? I mean, I like changing my appearance a LOT, but say, Shadow wolf items - 9 hamstering million AD? No thanks.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Well also please realize this is NOT an official thread that was started by Cryptic; it was suggested or started by Zebular who is a volunteer Community Moderator. He's also a very NICE guy who tries very hard at times to bring attention to various things that benefit the overall community. o:)

Stilling having said that. I can say from a very reputable source transmutes is on their minds right now and likely being discussed; I also know they are very aware of this thread. <3

In the mean time: You are aware Underdark Vendor has like 6-8 Armor / Weapon SETS along with a few others that can be acquired with alliance supplies?
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • Options
    katerrot said:

Epic PVP Equipment - Profound Armor (Item Level 100)

DC: Profound Faithful Armor, Profound Righteous Armor, Profound Virtuous Armor
    CW: Profound Oppressor Armor, Profound Renegade Armor, Profound Thaumaturge Armor
    TR: Profound Scoundrel Armor, Profound Saboteur Armor, Profound Executioner Armor
    HR: Profound Archer's Armor, Profound Combatant Armor, Profound Naturalist Armor
    GWF: Profound Destroyer Armor, Profound Instigator Armor, Profound Sentinel Armor
    GF, OP: Profound Conqueror Armor, Profound Preserver Armor, Profound Tactician Armor
    SW: Warlock's Profound Armor, Diabolist's Profound Armor, Bane's Profound Armor

Yes this is a good list of some Armor & Gear.

Also some old T1and T2 sets are only partialy present

The way these worked is the torso for each class of the original five was different on the T1 and T2 sets. HR and SW had a single shared appearance for their T1 and T2 sets. The original five classes basically had a symmetrical torso armor at each tier, and then one decorated on the right side and one decorated on the left side. Probably a bit more complicated than that, but it's a very easy way of describing what was different about their appearances.

The helms, gauntlets, and boots were the same for each tier, and the same appearances are widely available as level 70 equipment anyway.

Standard level 70 gear uses a T1 set as the base model by class, and epic crafted level 70 gear uses a T2 model, but since each class has a single appearance for all this equipment, a bunch of torso armors are still missing. The Maze Engine store might restore one, but in some cases (I could not say which without checking in-game) the set you can unlock is identical to standard gear (which is sloppy and a little insulting, honestly).

I'm pretty sure other classes had a bunch of +4 level 60 rare armor that were removed too.

If you want to get really complicated about discontinued equipment, each class used to have different appearances on their randomly dropped gear determined by level, quality, and stat allocation (still talking about the original five only, later classes didn't get such loving attention to their equipment art). Uncommon items had more variance than rare ones as each stat combination looked different. Rare items were more uniform in looks.

GF - Defender (green), Valiant (blue)
    GWF - Warrior, Berserker
    DC - Devoted, Blessed
    CW - Caster, Occult
    TR - Evader, Nefarious

These words also describe specific stat combinations on accessory gear. Some of these naming conventions were also reused for contemporary crafted gear so you have to look at other modifiers to know if the gear is old or new.

Piercing, Smiting, Tempered, of Protection, of Youth... ehhh, need to check my stash for all the modifiers. At any rate, a +4 Smiting Evader's armor looks different from a +4 Evader's Armor of Youth, but they both look different from a +1, +2, or +3 armor of the same type.

I have a ton of these armors bought when we didn't have gear previewing and I could store them in my mail (!) because I'd just snap up everything that was cheap, and I'm slowly selling off the ones I don't like so much.

There I found someone list the Devoted Armor as I know there were two completely different versions. One was +4 Lethal Devotee's Chain Armor, the other was +4 Tempered Devotee's Chain Armor I believe. I really think some of these class specific armor's really could or should be made into a Rare Level 1 Free Transmute option along with several others listed in this thread.
  • Options
    chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Admittedly I'm late to the party here and as my post doesn't really deal specifically with transmutes I was hesitant to post, but being a long time player I really liked the look and names of the level 60 epic gear players could get prior to the character level being raised. There was an option to salvage that gear after the change which I didn't much partake in, as just destroying it seemed a shame even if there was a modest salvage value.

I wish there was or will be some provision for a free change of appearance option using that former level 60 epic gear.
    Post edited by chidion on
  • Options
    jaraxellejaraxelle Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 31 Arc User
    I would love to see the Royal Guard set for HR return. I had to discard it for space eons ago. That being said, all those sets that had the special title when you got the complete set. I think DC set was Sacred Hand set, the CW I think was teh Vizier set etc. The titles are obviously not necessary but the transmutes would be great.
    BLACK VANGUARD & RED VANGUARD
    - Leadership Team
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    There was a title for each set - so DC has "High Prophet" for the prophet set, "Grand Vizier" for that set etc etc.

The one item I would like to see available again - at the Mantol-Derith shop, for those with the achievement / title - is the Cape of Catastrophe. Likely won't happen, but this DC who transmuted a lvl 60 artifact cloak, then salvaged it, would be very grateful to the devs if they could add it back in.

Also, the blue Dread Legion items would be nice to get again - the ranger blades look bloody amazing (as only one example), unlike the goofy hatchets that you can get from Mantol-Derith.
  • Options
    I'd like to see Profound and Wolf transmutes. That wolf headpiece and Shadow Wolf Greatsword are going for multiple millions AD for a reason. I hope to see that some time.
  • Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    the Thayan Knight (thayan servitor) weapons is what i miss more this mod, the Thayan knight GF sword would look really nice whit all that midle east vibe on this last mods...
  • Options
    dairyzeusdairyzeus Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    Has any of this stuff been implemented back in yet?

I'm still looking forward to the day I can get a heavy archon shield transmute...
  • Options
    c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Even when Wolf armor was available as a drop, it was a rare drop nontheless. At the time went for 2mil AD. It was during the time when a player couldn't get more than 100K AD a week, let alone get 2MIL ad for a transmute B)
    I also think that transmutes costed something like 54K AD to change.
    I'm glad to see all of that gone.
    Interestingly enough, I had couple of the pirate hats from MOD2, saved them for no reason, once I came back sold them for millions of AD.
    So I'm somewhat divided on this topic.

On the one hand I'd like to see transmutes back, but on another it kind of defeats it's purpose of having something unique and rare even though it's a simple fashion item.

Some of the newer Omu hunt items look AMAZING. Especially the armor from Maita. Great job with whoever made those textures :)

Just look at how awesome this armor looks on a CW. Amazing :)

True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • Options

Even when Wolf armor was available as a drop, it was a rare drop nontheless. At the time went for 2mil AD. It was during the time when a player couldn't get more than 100K AD a week, let alone get 2MIL ad for a transmute B)
    I also think that transmutes costed something like 54K AD to change.
    I'm glad to see all of that gone.
    Interestingly enough, I had couple of the pirate hats from MOD2, saved them for no reason, once I came back sold them for millions of AD.
    So I'm somewhat divided on this topic.

On the one hand I'd like to see transmutes back, but on another it kind of defeats it's purpose of having something unique and rare even though it's a simple fashion item.

Some of the newer Omu hunt items look AMAZING. Especially the armor from Maita. Great job with whoever made those textures :)

Just look at how awesome this armor looks on a CW. Amazing :)

But the issue is, it's only available for old players, new players could want that, and sooner or later, the supply of the very limited old transmutes will run out.
  • Options
    c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Yeah. That is true. I think that us old players do get some benefit from playing a game for a long time. In truth pretty much 90% of things go in favor to the new players.
    But I'm still amazed that I actually sold that old junk for millions of AD. :D:D:D:D

What are the chances? o:) People like their fashion and their exclusivity. Check Frost (or was it ice?) Tiger on AH and you'll see what I mean :)

Edit : Just checked, it's Ice Panther

[Ice Panther]
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • Options
    bozzomalditobozzomaldito Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    But these items should come back as DG drop, as unique items, with a very low drop rate. Because neverwinter has nothing to do when you're endgame.

More than a year ago, I and 2 other friends were using the Heroic Encounters on icewind to drop the HammerStone items, a straight week to farm them, and then the staffs put the option to get it through the store's maze campaign getting Alliance Supply Cache.
    It was a farm of items to be transmuted that could sell between 300k and 1k

One suggestion that I leave here in the forum would be to transmute equipment to unlinked fashion. Just to give more movement of items in the economy of the game in relation to the appearance of the character as long as these items are dropped and not purchased as a store of campaign.
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    ...DELETED...
    DD~
  • Options
    chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    A lot of items that are one time only acquisitions such as Elemental Shield of the black Earth or other elemental items, Vistanti gear, or even items like the Plague Tower Cloak (who knows what people are going to want), should be placed in the Zen market as transmute items, that can be applied with no or a reduced transmute cost since a person is going to have to buy it instead of just picking it up during campaigns.

I salvaged my Elemental Fire Shield, quite a while ago but with the introduction of the new Vistanti gear I think it would have been a great transmute to go with the armor from Barovia, I personally consider the GF Vistanti shield a bit mundane for my taste.

In short make a bunch of transmutes, particularly from the one time only acquisitions, available for purchase in the Zen market.

This would serve a dual purpose, the first being additional available AD sinks and secondly give people who are not completely happy with the appearance of their gear an opportunity to further customize the appearance of their gear to more align with their personal preferences.

As has been mentioned there will probably need to be some alterations as to the salvage, and hopefully the "bound to character" aspects of that gear, but just speaking for myself I wouldn't be opposed to going to the Zen market and paying a reasonable price for transmute items to improve the outward appearance of my gear...
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Can anyone check the Vistani weapons against the old Thayan Zealot from Phantasmal Fortress, mod 2 era? I saw the Vistani axe on a GWF and it reminded me of the Zealot one. It has been quite some time since I saw that, however.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    bettarghbettargh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    I have a suggestion to make, we all have our collection (ctrl+j). What if with a cost, zen/ad/both, we could select items that we already have acquired in the past and recall them just for transmute purposes. This way the whole collection thing has a new meaning!
    Post edited by bettargh on
    Azral Ironforge@ Guardian FIghter Level 70
    Norbir Hammerblow@Oathbound Paladin Level 70
  • Options
    sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    Maybe this is the not the best place to ask, but i'd like to see an account wide unlock of Maze Engine sets you buy with alliance supplies.
  • Options
    omega13#2190 omega13 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I do not know if they were ever in-game, but it would sure be nice to be able to transmute an off-hand item into a stringed instrument (like a lute or mandolin), which would help my character look more like a wandering Minstrel.

Thanks!
  • Options
    mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    What I want to see done with all of these transmutes is:

Make all small bladed items usable by all classes that use small blades. TR, HR, SW.
    Make all large bladed items usable by all classes that use large blades. GWF, GF, OP.
    Make all shields usable by all classes that use shields. GF, OP.
    Make all neck, chest, arms, head, belt, shirt, pants, and feet items usable by all classes.
  • Options
    wynilwynil Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    It appears that all variants of +5 Warden's Longbow were removed from loot tables/drop lists. The last remaining variant was suppose to be +5 Tempered Warden's Longbow and was suppose to drop from mobs in Sharandar. Seems that there's no longer any bow in game that use that specific model.

Please bring it back as transmute. It is probably the only bow in game that i really like. I mean aesthetically.
  • Options
    wynilwynil Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Well. Thinking about transmutation i come up with an idea or proposal how it can be made lot better with little effort from developers.

I would implement this idea in few stages.

1st stage would be separation of 3D model and inventory icon.

Process of transmutation as i understand it is just making change of reference in Item Properties that now points on different 3D model as a new reference for loading. Same as Icon. Its just a change of reference Icon which specific item will now use to display in inventory and character sheet. So what i'm thinking about is capability that during transmutation we can select which model new item will use and separately which icon.
    Effectively it will allow me to, for example, transmute only 3D model and keep original Icon.. or just change Icon and keep original Model..or change both.

2nd stage would be more complex and i will introduce it into Workshop where it suppose to be anyway and will allow players to transmute other properties of item including Item Level.

This stage i would make as another tab in Workshop along the rest of crafting skills and make it similar to refinement process of upgrading upgradable items as transmutation is magical process not crafting i would here make a cost of marks of potencies and enchantment stones probably some Astral Diamonds as well which would increese as more properties i want to change as well decreesing success chances so it would need Preservation Ward or Coalesced Wards. I would start with 10% chance to change single property. Of coarse transmute item would be consumed in the process only base item would remain with modified stats. This is all DnD ..Cattie-Brie has done this in Gauntlgrym Forge with Bruenor Shield and Orbcress as well as with Virdinath and damaged Drizzt's Twinkle combining properties of both items into one.

• Options
    thestiathestia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but the weapons from the original Malabog's Castle would be nice to have back!

edit: Think this was called Fomorian. Not completely sure.
  • Options
    kleineryoda#3363 kleineryoda Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    With the updates to Crafting all Aryvandaar Weapons are unavailable and it is furthermore impossible (as far as I know) to cmplete the sets from the Wondrous Bazaar, like Daring Outlaw (HR) now. Mod 14 you could buy 2 pieces for AD (helmet & armor) and craft the matching boots and gloves - the latter are gone now.
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    I still think every piece of discontinued "old gear" as well as the gear a player claimed for completing a quest in campaigns (and likely disposed of), starting with the Plague Tower cloak, should be brought back and made available as transmutes...

Players will either purchase them or they won't, but it couldn't hurt Cryptic to have another available source of revenue for those who do want to spend their money for something nostalgic, unique or just different.

Just my 2¢
    DD~