test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Aura Gifts

hirogardehirogarde Member Posts: 122 Arc User
The more I read in the forums, the more I see people thinking that ALL paladins have a "powershare." They're talking about Aura Gifts in the Light tree, so it stands to reason that not all paladins have it. This isn't meant to be a discussion about how we MUST take this; rather a "what if" question.

Aura Gifts is currently in the third tier of the Light Tree. When the level cap was 60, it couldn't have been a "must have" because it simply wasn't attainable unless you went full Light or passed up on a capstone. So the question is:

What if they pushed Aura Gifts to the fourth tier in the Light tree? What would you spec instead?

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    Paladins weren't around when Level 60 was the cap (vanilla - Mod5). They came when Mod6 upped the levelcap. So no point in wondering.

XD

• dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    hirogarde said:

What if they pushed Aura Gifts to the fourth tier in the Light tree? What would you spec instead?

That would be brutal, but I bet it would split OPs into "dps-focused" justice and "buff-focused" light (which is sadface).

But to be frank I kind of expect them to rework powersharing in general before they rework OP class XD.

It would of course depend on what other changes were happening, but personally I find that the protection Oath + Aura Gifts interaction is incredibly strong and synergizes with Arti's and Shep's insignia bonuses. I enjoy playing that kind of support role, with it makes runs all buttery and smooth. So I would probably try to find a way to make it continue to work for me, assuming that powersharing was still a viable party utility mechanic.
  • dairyzeusdairyzeus Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    I could see full power/recovery builds with the light capstone being the new norm.

Since we're in a hypothetical world I'm also going to assume the owlbear cub is good for OPs again and you'd use that to make up a lot of your dps.
  • captflint#2758 captflint Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    > @hirogarde said:
    >
    >
    > What if they pushed Aura Gifts to the fourth tier in the Light tree? What would you spec instead?

A DC or GF
  • trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    hirogarde said:

I think in that case we should all go on strike and spec into full Bulwark and not run AoC and AoW so people would complain how bad OP is and hopefully force Devs to change it back.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    If we couldn't run aura gifts with the Justice path it would completely kill the class - we simply wouldn't be able to buff enough to keep up with Guardian Fighters.

Bear in mind a Tac GF provides:
    ITF: 30% DPS & 25% movement
    Martial Mastery: team AP gain
    Rousing Speech: team AP gain
    United: allies receive 5% less damage
    Daunting Challenge: enemies deal 10% less damage to allies
    Crushing Pin: GF CC powers make enemies take 10% more damage

Added to this are hard taunts that work from a huge distance, shield providing a secondary 80% DR, a self healing daily that works v. well with all the extra AP gain feats and the ability to spec into DPS that can challenge a GWF.

We currently hold our own but it's taken the class a while to get there, but if we couldn't run Justice with Aura Gifts, I for one would move my enchantments to my 11k GF and shelve the OP.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    dairyzeus said:

I could see full power/recovery builds with the light capstone being the new norm.

Since we're in a hypothetical world I'm also going to assume the owlbear cub is good for OPs again and you'd use that to make up a lot of your dps.

I'm trying out a new meta (variation on an older meta I was running) and I am in love with my owlbear cub again.