test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Monster Hunts should have Unique Instances

When I use a lure to summon a monster, I would prefer to be transferred to a unique instance where it is only me (or my party) and the monster.

Comments

• wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

When I use a lure to summon a monster, I would prefer to be transferred to a unique instance where it is only me (or my party) and the monster.

You could move to an empty instance before using your lure.

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    not sure why it matters. no one out side of your party is going to get anything. you're not going to lose anything.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Apparently not with Split-Ti...
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,134 Arc User

not sure why it matters. no one out side of your party is going to get anything. you're not going to lose anything.

A Batiri Shaman Mask and a Ring of the Goblin Slayer +2 say otherwise.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    did the people in the party get nothing then? If people still get things in the party should people be in parties at all for hunts? I was under the understanding that no one got anything except for the person with the lure or the people in the party. i've done some hunts outside of parties i've never seen anything and I've never heard of anyone getting anything except for your claim here.

if the people in the party get nothing and the person outside the party gets something then that sounds like a bug to me. If it's just anyone participating has a chance at something and the person with the lure definitely has something drop.. then I don't see what the problem is.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,134 Arc User
    Possibly because I still had the quest active. I'd lost a lure due to death. Couldn't resummon as no lure, but was still directed to that point. Was about an hour later I was rescuing scouts in the area when someone called up Clawgraze.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    yeah I think it used your lure as well when the other was summoned. much like for awhile people thought you could grief the treasures in somi but you were just using your own map not theirs.
  • asterfarwell#5559 asterfarwell Member Posts: 27 Arc User

You could move to an empty instance before using your lure.

I have always moved to an empty channel from the first time I started hunting. So far, I have never had anyone interfere with my hunts. However, I just don't like the idea of random people showing up and interrupting me.