test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Just some general whining

So, I have decided that Cryptic doesn't like me.

My first character when Neverwinter hit the PS4 was a TR that I took down the WK path. I liked to play her and up until about 2700 IL she was competitive in PVE. After lots of fighting and wrangling with her, I just couldn't get the damage output I wanted. I read all about the previous nerfs to the class and eventually just kind of put her on hold to focus on my second love - the healadin.

Now if you look the healadin hasn't gotten much love from Cryptic since they rolled them out, and though I understand the purpose of the rework of bond, it still is going to hurt my dps in the long run (I'm told by PC people it's rather substantial).

I then decided to build a Combat HR - which I have spent the last month or so getting ready to take in to FBI/MSPC... then I hear about the upcoming nerf to the combat HR, and I'm starting to take these nerfs personally.

So here it goes - I am willing to take bribes to not make your favorite class my next focus :) because whatever I work on next will be due a heavy nerf within the following month or two - that appears to be how this game rolls for me. Lol

(fyi this is primarily a joke - and more just me whining about how I can't catch a break in this game)
Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

Comments

• Options
    grampyrulz#4209 grampyrulz Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    Yes, that is exactly why I am an altoholic. That and it is just fun to play as many of the classes as possible.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Me too, this is one of the reasons I have one of each class ranging between 11k & just under 15k.

Have you tried running prot on the pally and trapper on HR? It'd be good to have your spare loadout rigged this way on both.

As for the TR, I really like the class but it's at such a disadvantage in higher content that I haven't bothered developing it more.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    My pally has both Dev and Prot loadouts - I still run with her 90% of the time since she's my actual favorite. I have healed and tanked everything in the game on her - though I'm still working on picking up more tanking gear for that loadout, my tanking isn't where I want it to be.

I just wanted to have a DPS since our guild is so tank and healer heavy. Half the time we run content with 2-3 healers or multiple tanks just because that's what everyone has. I can't stand the targeting mechanism that is shared by the Trapper and DC (the one that looks like an upside down golf tee) so I just don't use those. I was super happy with the playstyle of the combat HR. It felt more like what a TR should have been.

I keep telling JT (our GWF) that if I'm bribed properly I won't make the GWF my next focus - because he'd hate to have them nerfed. Some of our other guildies have offered to bribe me TO make the GWF my next focus since they want them nerfed.

come to think of it - I built and leveled my GF right before they got "reworked" as well.

Odds are I'll keep playing the combat HR and maybe start working on my CW to see what I can do with her. I like her better now that she has her pants back.
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    My favorite class right now is HR combat. Just over 11k and I feel beastly. CW is squishy but with the right build and encounter powers you can run through your rotations (rinse and repeat) and never get hit. They changed something with the GWF though, the determination bar drains fast when used but on PC it drains a lot slower. This was noticed about a month ago and I've posted about it but didn't get much of a response here. However in game others have noticed as well. Ninja nerfs are the worst. I'm hoping they introduce a new class soon. They did say in the last driftwood that Mod 12 will be announced for console very soon which means more changes to some classes. Hopefully for the better.
    Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    ravenskya said:

So, I have decided that Cryptic doesn't like me.

My first character when Neverwinter hit the PS4 was a TR that I took down the WK path. I liked to play her and up until about 2700 IL she was competitive in PVE. After lots of fighting and wrangling with her, I just couldn't get the damage output I wanted. I read all about the previous nerfs to the class and eventually just kind of put her on hold to focus on my second love - the healadin.

Now if you look the healadin hasn't gotten much love from Cryptic since they rolled them out, and though I understand the purpose of the rework of bond, it still is going to hurt my dps in the long run (I'm told by PC people it's rather substantial).

I then decided to build a Combat HR - which I have spent the last month or so getting ready to take in to FBI/MSPC... then I hear about the upcoming nerf to the combat HR, and I'm starting to take these nerfs personally.

So here it goes - I am willing to take bribes to not make your favorite class my next focus :) because whatever I work on next will be due a heavy nerf within the following month or two - that appears to be how this game rolls for me. Lol

(fyi this is primarily a joke - and more just me whining about how I can't catch a break in this game)

Work on Becky please...I have a dread and maybe a bonding for it...:)

FYI...Becky is her GWF....:)
  • Options
    Everyone seems to want me to pull Becky off the shelf and get her nerfed :)

• Options
    ravenskya said:

Everyone seems to want me to pull Becky off the shelf and get her nerfed :)

I'm sure JT will love that...:)

Just don't touch Morrigan, I love my CW just the way he is...LOL
  • Options
    Lol, I figure the SW took a lot of abuse recently so Toasty can stay where he is... so Maybe I will pull Becky out and see if my trend continues lol.

• Options
    If you are below 70 and I'm on, I have a SW that could use some leveling up..though I did donate all my saved gear to the guild coffers for our power boon. I mean a few +5 rings, purple pants and shirt, armor, hands, feet, etc...

Hmm...maybe he will sit tight now that I think about it. HAMSTER getting another toon up to 70. I have enough with 3. LOL...

You are the only one I really see focusing on so many toons at once and well many are close in IL. I seriously have no idea how you do it.
  • Options
    Nah, my characters are all 70 - but most of them have hand me downs and almost no boons. The Pally is number 1, but I wanted a functional DPS since we have so many tanks and healers in the guild. Thats why I have been working on getting Dex into end game, so I have more options. But apparently the Combat ranger is getting a nerfing in the next mod so once again I'm getting hosed. lol. I think the Pally and the TR are the two that have all the boons other than the last two in ToD, Dex just has a few more to get

If I pull out Becky and they nerf the GWF in 12.5 I'd laugh my hind end off - the GWF nation will be in tears.

• Options
    My understanding of the Combat Ranger adjustments is an impact to PVP and not so much PVE. You may want to take a second look at that so you do not start playing Becky only to find out most of the changes to the HR are more PVP related. This way, you can still focus on gearing up Dex.
  • Options
    Dex is 26 writings away from getting her bow... then we will see what kind of monster she actually is now that she's done everything but SKT, the end of IWD and ToD. Hopefully she stays a monster after the update - I'm really enjoying playing her

• Options
    edited August 2017
    ravenskya said:

Dex is 26 writings away from getting her bow... then we will see what kind of monster she actually is now that she's done everything but SKT, the end of IWD and ToD. Hopefully she stays a monster after the update - I'm really enjoying playing her

To be a monster DPS you need the following...

100% crit chance
    100%+ crit severity
    30K+ power prior to bondings
    Trans Weapon Enchant
    60% RI and around 80% for new content
    Also have R12 Bondings and all +4 companion gear with all legendary companions.
    All gear legendary that can be and all artifacts at mythical along with Manticore or Huntsman gear.

I have tested RI out on Ice Giants and how damage changes in FBI. FBI I recommend RI be about 65% to 70%. I dropped 1K power to gain 10% RI in my damage with the same group went up in FBI.

• Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    Perfect Vorpal is just as good as Trans and Vorpal, with the only difference being two minor debuffs.

You can do just fine with 82% Crit Severity, although extra potions don't hurt.

Legendary artifacts at rank 135-139 are just as good as mythic artifacts, apart from a few epeen level

There's only a small difference between a purple Dod and an orange Dod and I highly doubt that will be the difference between you rekting a BiS GWF and a BiS GWF rekting you.

Gear is part of the DPS equation, without a doubt, but I would say that knowledge is also a factor of knowing how to DPS: even if you have all the BiS gear in the world with max ilvl, if you pick the wrong feats and powers and don't know your class, your gear advantage is worthless. The inverse is true: if you have a decent foothold on gear and know your class, you can still do great , as there's only a small difference between, say, a 13,900 character and a 16,000 character.

WickedDuck, for example, was rekting BiS PC GWFs at 3,200 ilvl (back when 4k was max) because he knew how to maximize GWF potential. He was even giving that time's best DPS GF (Snoo Snoo) and best CWs (Freedom, Sharp, Syndra, etc.) a run for their money, all while he was barely geared to enter Msvard.

And I would not trust paingiver to be an ultimate reflection of your damage, as it only tracks HP from enemies deducted. This can lead to some skewed readings, for example, if a TR lands an 80 mil SoD, but the target only had 1 HP, then Paingiver will only add 1 "damage" to the TR's Paingiver chart.

• Options
    dairyzeusdairyzeus Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    Couldn't agree more with RJC. I've said it before and I'll say it again, 70% of being a good dps is positioning and timing.
  • Options
    rjc9000 said:

And I would not trust paingiver to be an ultimate reflection of your damage, as it only tracks HP from enemies deducted. This can lead to some skewed readings, for example, if a TR lands an 80 mil SoD, but the target only had 1 HP, then Paingiver will only add 1 "damage" to the TR's Paingiver chart.

The paingiver is providing you exactly what what you should get. Any extra damage done beyond the enemy health should not be included as that would inflate your numbers in the instance. I mean if you hit for 1 million and the enemy has 500K, only 500K should count as that is all you can do in the run for damage against that enemy.

The paingiver problem is about who gets there first. Other MMO game also tracks and monitors players damage. I see plenty of DPS classes run ahead in many games only to yell at the tank for not being there quicker.

As for other thoughts on being a good DPS with position and timing. Yes that is only part of being a good DPS. The other part is being a team player and knowing mechanics. To many DPS players go down and that causes others to not do their role for the pick up. The end result is a loss in damage, heals, etc...

To me the best DPS are those that wait for the tank, know positioning, and are willing to pull back a bit to ensure they are not killed by mechanics.

But than again, life scroll are the bread and butter of most DPS in this game and it is all due to them wanting to be top DPS instead of playing within the game mechanics and learning how to play at a higher level.

This game though, the skill level to beat content is a pretty low. The only content I thought was fun and a really good challenge has been MSPC. All others have been a bit easy due to the game stating...here is the big hit and avoid this, etc...

ESO even made this a thing which ruined that game.

I mean give me a warning but don't tell me where it is going, etc... Oh well. At least MSPC is great expect to many player use Arcane Whirlwind to glitch it. I mean, really...why do that, it takes the fun out of learning mechanics and beating content as designed.

• Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    *shrugs*

You can't stop people from trying to raise their epeen via Paingiver, can you? I would personally just let those DPS die, maybe they'll ragequit and you'll find a smarter DPS. :P

And, also, you'll have fun with Tomb of the 9 Gods.
    Most PC teams are struggling with it because it actually requires you to figure out the mechanics. Unlike, say FBI, you can't cheese the first boss' orbs with the scroll of life, or the last boss' soulmonger charge. If you screw up the mechanics, you die.

So far, nobody I've known has found any cheesy exploits, apart from the usual things such as "buff coordination" and "teamwork".

• Options
    This sounds promising - I can't wait until we get the new dungeon.

• Options
    rjc9000 said:

*shrugs*

You can't stop people from trying to raise their epeen via Paingiver, can you? I would personally just let those DPS die, maybe they'll ragequit and you'll find a smarter DPS. :P

And, also, you'll have fun with Tomb of the 9 Gods.
    Most PC teams are struggling with it because it actually requires you to figure out the mechanics. Unlike, say FBI, you can't cheese the first boss' orbs with the scroll of life, or the last boss' soulmonger charge. If you screw up the mechanics, you die.

So far, nobody I've known has found any cheesy exploits, apart from the usual things such as "buff coordination" and "teamwork".

Psss...if there is a glitch PS players will find it...we always do..LOL.. The reason I state this is that usually in other games I play it always seems that PS players are the first to uncover and abuse glitches...so it would not surprise me if a PS player does find a glitch or a way to avoid mechancis to beat the content.