test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Transcendent Holy Avenger Damage Resistance Effect

heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User
edited August 2017 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello Guys,
i'm sure most of you know the holy avenger enchantment and what it does if not here is a link https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Transcendent_Holy_Avenger_Enchantment

now if we read tootip it says for the Transcendent Version

You deal an additional 69% of weapon damage as Radiant damage with your powers. You also have a 20% chance on each swing to improve your allies' damage resistance by 20% while healing them (for an amount scaled to your weapon) for 15 seconds. Any blow you land during this time will do an additional 23% of weapon damage as radiant damage. This effect can only activate every 45 seconds.

now the weapon damage part is obvious and it scales etc etc...

what i was wondering is if anyone have tested the second part that adds damage resistance "You also have a 20% chance on each swing to improve your allies' damage resistance by 20% "
i would like to know if it works also does it affect summoned companions ? since i've seen my companion have the buff up

also does this enchantment buff up the user's resistance or simply party members only ?

Thank You In Advance and i appreciate any information you may give :)
Post edited by heraldfayez#8520 on

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    I would assume that the buff would affect companion damage resistance (ie, they gain more damage resistance so they die slightly less often), but the DR from the Holy buff does not transfer through Bonding stones.

The Titansteel set for example, gets transferred to companions, however, they do not transfer the set bonus through Bonding stones. Bonding stones only transfer stats like Recovery or ArmPen.

Busted idea I'm afraid, if you were planning on using it to attempt to give yourself extra damage resistance.

• heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

I would assume that the buff would affect companion damage resistance (ie, they gain more damage resistance so they die slightly less often), but the DR from the Holy buff does not transfer through Bonding stones.

The Titansteel set for example, gets transferred to companions, however, they do not transfer the set bonus through Bonding stones. Bonding stones only transfer stats like Recovery or ArmPen.

Busted idea I'm afraid, if you were planning on using it to attempt to give yourself extra damage resistance.

i aleready know that of course Percentages don't transfer through the bondings only statistics does (power,crit etc...)

just wondering because if this works it would make a good solo enchantment to make tanky defender pets even more tankier :)

i see the buff up of holy avenger i'm simply not sure if it works or not