test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Misleading AH message

tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
When you attempt to buy out an item on the auction house with insufficient AD to make the purchase, you get the error message:

Auction is closed.
Unable to make this purchase. Please try again later.

The actual error message should be more like

Insufficient funds.
Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min

Comments

• Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    Yea I first noticed this a few weeks ago and I at first thought the Auction was closed or couldn't figure out what was going on. Cause while most people generally have a good idea of the AD they have on their toon sometimes you are just searching and see something you like and think you have close to the amount required...

Just the error message is very misleading and never causes you to even think or check to see how much Astral Diamond you actually have or if you should possibly buy some with Zen. I agree 'Auction is closed' had me try 2 or 3 times wondering what was the cause before I realized I didn't have enough Astral Diamonds...

Still I agree the message should be, "Insufficient Astral Diamonds" and should provide a link to the AD:Zen exchange for those who wish to buy some. :)