test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Flail Snail and Back Alley Tactics

thornbr1ngerthornbr1nger Member Posts: 65 Arc User
edited July 2017 in The Thieves' Den
I know I read in one guide (I think it might have been Sunnny's but I'm not really sure). Where the author felt that the flail snail mount active power actually lowered overall damage when used with BAT vs BAT and another mount power. However the author was I believe a console player so there was no true measure just eyeballing etc. So my question is has anyone actually mathed it out? I switched back to my snail recently (25% AP not the 15%) along with a DC sigil. I am not actively stacking WOB but using LA on bosses and WOB strictly on trash. I feel like my output has significantly gone up versus 2k Power mount and using the wheel.

Comments

• blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    It should be fine both ways. In my experience Wheel works better for shorter fights while DC sigil works better in longer ones but dont take it for granted, see what works best for yourself.

In theory there is a conflict with BAT and Snail equip power. Without Snail you are able to stay longer at empty AP bar where you have high boost but you as well stay longer at nearly full AP bar where the boost is small. On the other hand, with Snail you enjoy the empty AP bar shorter but you also stay for short at nearly full AP bar.

I prefer DC sigil in longer fights but i dont use 25% AP Snail power, even tho i have it. With Snail you get to activate Daily more often and that means more Invisible infiltrator and Infiltrators Action as well.

Stack the Bleeds when AP is empty, activate the DC sigil and do the rest of you rotation (encounters and Sly Flourish). For trash 25% AP is probably best, WoB really works great in there, so the more the merrier.
  • captflint#2758 captflint Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    i dont think you can gain AP during lurkers. Does flail snail push through that, or is AP gain still blocked until its finishes?
    I can see how Flail Snail would be better than 2k power regardless.
    Getting to another WoB quicker in heavy mobs is better than BAT. AP gain is quick already during a WoB, and youre not stacking bleeds on anything. Add in artificers persuation and influence, BAT becomes almost worthless. Plus, youre putting down the Smoke Bomb when your AP is close to empty anyway...

Since Lurkers holds off AP gain, you got time to set some bleeds on bosses with BAT..

Hrmm.. think I might check on price of Flail Snail!! lol
  • blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    @captflint#2758 DC sigil and Snail equip power give you AP while Lurker is on. Thats the reason i dont use it in Boss fights, i can wait with DC sigil activation to stack bleeds at empty AP but Snail doesnt wait. On the other hand its great for mobs. Try to get 25% version if you can.
    blur#5900 said:

@captflint#2758 DC sigil and Snail equip power give you AP while Lurker is on. Thats the reason i dont use it in Boss fights, i can wait with DC sigil activation to stack bleeds at empty AP but Snail doesnt wait. On the other hand its great for mobs. Try to get 25% version if you can.

ahh.. thats a deal breaker for me. i want Disk more than anything right now.
    Thanks for the info.
    edited August 2017
    Update. Got a flail snail,for cheap. (15%).
    An improvment over 2k power, no doubt.
    But thats probably because my recovery is low. I've been gearing like Im going to get a disk... So my AP gain isnt the best.
    Now I'm working on a DC for the sigil.
    I'm thinking uae it for boss fights over wheel, as stated above. Pop it after the lurkers has expired..
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    DC sigil will fill your bar regardless of the Lurkers AP block. You don't need to wait. At Epic it is 80% so you would get 80+15(snail) and thus only need 5% to gain once the block ends.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother