test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Zen Skeleton Keys

darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
edited August 2017 in Player Feedback (PC)
I would like to see Skeleton Keys added to the Zen Market. These keys would go into your useful items bag and could open the specific dungeon chest infinitely (or maybe just 5 times per day if infinite is too much).

These keys would be available for each individual dungeon. For example:
Lair of Lostmauth Skeleton Key
Temple of the Spider Skeleton Key
Grey Wolf Den Skeleton Key
Fangbreaker Island Skeleton Key
Spellplague Caverns Skeleton Key
Tomb of the Nine Gods Skeleton Key
Demogorgon Trial Skeleton Key
Prophecy of Madness Skeleton Key
Throne of the Dwarven Gods Skeleton Key
Uvar's Skeleton Key (yes I am that troll)
Ild's Skeleton Key (yes, I am still that troll)
Stig's Skeleton Key (you knew it was coming)

etc

It might also work to group some dungeons together for example:
Tier 1 Dungeon Skeleton Key
Tier 2 Dungeon Skeleton Key
Normal Skirmish Skeleton Key
Demonic Skeleton Key

etc

I would pay a lot of Zen for these keys (like 500-2000 Zen each depending on the dungeon).

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

Post edited by darthtzarr on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    tstrong21#4991 tstrong21 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    500-2000 Zen each isn't a lot compared to how much they make off of single use Legendary Dragon Keys. Why introduce an infinite key for that amount when they can just make people buy single use keys?

I too run out of keys, VIP just doesn't give enough, but..... it does force you to do your daily quests that you were putting off. If I have to, I will buy a key or two with AD in the WB, as depending on the dungeon, you can still make that AD back.

If anything, they can continue to add more VIP levels and start increasing the amount of keys that we get, or add trial/skirmish keys in a higher tier.
  • Options
    darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Epic keys aren't what I am talking about. I am talking about Dungeon specific keys.

Why make these instead of Legendary Dragon Keys? There are a few possibilities.

One possibility would be because I would buy the skeleton key for dungeons that I wouldn't bother buying Legendary Dragon Keys for. I cannot see myself (or any normal person) buying Legendary Dragon Keys to use on Lostmauth's Lair. I can totally see myself spending 500-1000 Zen to buy a Key that allows me to run all Tier 1 dungeons 5x per day without having to do the campaign.

They could also just do it because they can be priced drastically higher than Legendary Dragon Keys. I personally just put in a value in the original post that I would spend my Zen on (I know a lot of people would spend a lot more). You can go and assume that someone who buys a skeleton key effectively avoided the cost of a bunch of Legendary Dragon Keys, or you can assume that they just spent 2,000 Zen on a key they would have never spent in the first place. You have to remember that the full unlock could cost as much as 15-20k Zen per character. That's what 600+ Legendary Dragon Keys?

I would personally price it something like:
    Tomb - 3000
    FBI - 2000
    mSP - 2000 (actually this one should be free until they fix the loot)
    MSVA Uvar - 1500
    MSVA Stig - 1500
    MSVA Ild - 1500
    Demogorgon - 1500
    PoM - 1000
    Throne - 500
    eSoT - 1000
    KR - 1000
    eGWD - 1000
    eToS - 1000
    eCC - 1000
    MC - 500