test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dreadtheft change since TOE

sparkbibosparkbibo Member Posts: 6 Arc User
I did not see this in the patch notes as a change, but clearly it has happened.

I play a healing warlock and I use the heck out of Dreadtheft. Pre-patch, when I cast Dreadtheft, while it was channeling the purple beam of death, I could still fire my At-Will abilities, namely Hellish Rebuke and Hand of Blight.

Now, post-Tomb of Annihilation patch, I cannot fire At-Will abilities while Dreadtheft is channeling the purple beam of death.

Sadness.

Comments

• bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Patch notes never tell the whole story, we all have learned this... I for one am grateful this has been fixed. You shouldnt be able to do what youre sad about. It was also reported as a bug several times and clearly wasnt working as intended. Now if they just fix the few remaining bugs SWs still have and give us some more competitive damage we would be all set.

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Now that they fixed that....

Can we freakin have our WEs proc off DT again....? SW keeps getting screwed over.
  • bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    That would be great... heck, it would be nice if we could have benefited from the recent weapon enchant changes altogether... like most every other class did.

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

• xinexixxinexix Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    What the f? Dreadtheft STILL does not proc weapon enchantments?! Holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that is such an old bug!

I feel your pain guys, i'm a DC and I dont understand why they wouldn't fix Dreadtheft when they fixed Divine Glow. Both STAPLE skills imo.

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    If DT got fixed and the puppet didn't suck so bad I'd be happy enough.
  • sparkbibosparkbibo Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    It makes sense that it was a bug and it has been fixed, but then they should have listed as "Fixed Dreadtheft bug that inadvertently allowed SWs to continue firing At-Wills." That would have been better than a stealth fix.
  • naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    As stated in many other SW threads, the fact that you displayed animation showing that you were casting at-wills while dreadtheft was active was a bug because you weren't actually casting those at-wills. Ever seen another lock other than yourself using at-wills during cast? Probably not, because even if he was trying to cast at-wills and seeing the at-wills cast, that was a display bug that showed the at-wills cast only for himself. Others would properly see no at-wills being cast. If you used ACT at the time, you would correctly see that even though you saw the hits, they weren't dealing any damage.

So, there is nothing to worry about in regards to that fix. Your damage is as crappy as before, no nerf there.
    It is actually a good point to use as a damage increase: allowing other casts during DT. If they ever allow that, it is not going to be a damage recover from the other mod, it will actually be something new we never had and a really nice buff to all warlock paths.

Edit: By "many threads" I mean 1 or 2 others :)
    etelgrin said:

Well let me explain why I was actually thinking "the new dreadtheft" was WAI, means casting while channeling.

Because it was working like this after rework, they changed description and using WB you are not able to gain full 5 stacks of DT anymore, but the maximum stacks were still 5, so we can only put our warlock curse on 3 targets at once, so I thought when you cast it and the curse is consumed, you can tab 2 more targets that will also get their curse consumed and result in having 5 stacks because otherwise how would you achieve that?

Not sure which new DT you are referring to, but I'm guessing you are referring to the change that came with mod 10 after the whole SW rework and curse consume changes.

It used to be 5 stacks of buff before, and they had to curse consume, but it was way easier to achieve than the 3 max stacks we have now. It was possible to achieve max stacks on single targets before and the buff didn't end instantly after channeling stopped.
    Since it is now curse synergy and not curse consume anymore, you can still trigger the buffs with lesser curse (you also could before because curse consume used to work with lesser curse).

The way it was up to mod 11 was not WAI no matter what. Either the innocuous at-will casting was not supposed to happen, or it should happen but also deal damage, which it never did.

I just think DT should be made to work in a similar fashion to BoVA, allowing every action while it's active. That would make for a great buff and allow the sw to benefit from one of his own buffs.
  • werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 336 Arc User

As stated in many other SW threads, the fact that you displayed animation showing that you were casting at-wills while dreadtheft was active was a bug because you weren't actually casting those at-wills.

You can still fire ONE at-will at the very beginning. I am 100% sure of it and it is not a visual bug at all.

Regardless of dreadtheft, they are still many issues with the revamped weapon enchants, with the non-proc of magistrate patience with some weapon enchants, with our current state in general.

• backbite44backbite44 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Pretty sure I've not only fired off At - wills at the beginning of DT but also other encounter powers such as KF and WB.

Seems a very minor thing but I'm sure it'll be fixed over more legitimate things that might do the class an ounce of good.

My undergeared/less powerful CW handles pretty much anything with much more ease... old news though SW only really kicked butt when released, in large due to tyrannical bug yes but that more or less countered the poor mechanics and abysmal casting times on our best powers... all downhill from there imho...

Llev,
    Saved!

As stated in many other SW threads, the fact that you displayed animation showing that you were casting at-wills while dreadtheft was active was a bug because you weren't actually casting those at-wills.

You can still fire ONE at-will at the very beginning. I am 100% sure of it and it is not a visual bug at all.

Regardless of dreadtheft, they are still many issues with the revamped weapon enchants, with the non-proc of magistrate patience with some weapon enchants, with our current state in general.

Pretty sure I've not only fired off At - wills at the beginning of DT but also other encounter powers such as KF and WB.

Seems a very minor thing but I'm sure it'll be fixed over more legitimate things that might do the class an ounce of good.

My undergeared/less powerful CW handles pretty much anything with much more ease... old news though SW only really kicked butt when released, in large due to tyrannical bug yes but that more or less countered the poor mechanics and abysmal casting times on our best powers... all downhill from there imho...

Llev,

Yes. You could get one at-will, encounter or daily if you cast it at a very specific point during the initial cast. But the whole chain of at-wills or encounters like AoH while channeling and moving around was just visual without any damage, even though most people thought they were doing something.
    The animations looked alright so as I mentioned before, with the exception of being able to move while doing at-wills, it would be pretty ok to make it into something like BoVA.