test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Having Trouble Connecting to Chat Channels

strykr75601strykr75601 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
edited July 2017 in Bug Reports (PC)
Starting roughly 10pm CT, I started having trouble with Chat. Normally, when I log in, I get a series of System Notify messages stating I was connected to various chat channels. This did not happen. Now, according to my guildies in TS, they could see me type in channels like /guild, despite me not getting a connection message for that channel. HOWEVER, I could not see any messages, not even my own. Similar behavior existed in /party, /queue, and /alliance. Admin and zone-generated System Notify (i.e. 'Guard Post Thracien is Under Attack!') function normally. Also, there were times my Friends List did not load, and some of my friends reported seeing me log on and off the game, despite me not doing that. Sporadically, all the messages from chat would load all at once, like once every 3 to 5 minutes. I was not experiencing any game lag whatsoever. I have force verified and then reinstalled the game. Relogging/changing characters has no effect on this issue. No loss on a ping test, nor any abnormal /tracert for me in cmd.exe to the patch server. It basically seems that the chat server is dropping me or my connection to it is timing out constantly. Don't know if this is the case for sure, though. Anybody have any idea if there is a fix, or if this is a known issue?