test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pally life - Doors, the bane of our existance

ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
When I was on the pally facebook page I noticed an influx of memes making fun of the fact that the one enemy a pally can't conquer is the door.

Pallys since around the time of the River District update - have a habit of getting stuck in combat, and therefore can't open chests or use doors.

The first time it happened to me was in CN. It took me 5 full minutes after the completion of the dungeon to be able to claim the loot, and I still couldn't use the door. I desummoned my companion, turned off bond, waited for everyone else to leave the dungeon. When I ran to the back of the room (opposite the chest) I would get out of combat. When I'd walk back toward the chest - boom, back in combat. I was finally able to collect the chest and couldn't use the door. I had to go to the back of the room and signpost out.

Since then I've found myself popping in and out of combat everywhere. I can be standing next to the mimic in the stronghold alone with not a single person next to me and I'm in and out of combat the whole time. Trying to check my resting stats is a nightmare, my overloads run out just standing still, and my rings proccing gets old after a while when I'm stationary in a safe location. I thought it was just me having this issue until the memes started popping up. Most of the discussions I've had about it have been basically making fun of it - but to be honest, it gets a little old trying to open my chest of junk at the end of a dungeon. And thank god I've got VIP, or I'd probably still be sitting in that CN from back in June.
Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

Post edited by ravenskya on

Comments

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    It is annoying, it's happened to me quite a bit recently. One thing that sometimes works is killing yourself but it doesn't always help.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    Ive had a few things work - but none of them have worked consistently. It also seems to be worse on my healer spec than my tank spec.

Sometimes I can go through the door if I desummon my companion
    Sometimes I can go through the door if I turn of Bond
    Sometimes I can go through the door after "defeat me" or "I am stuck"
    Sometimes I have to wait until I'm the last person left in the dungeon

It happens more consistently if I am running with a cleric, or am near a cleric.

None of these works with any regularity though. I pretty much have to find somewhere and signpost
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• This same thing was happening to me on my DC. Finally figured out it was our Light of Divinity class feature. “Every 3 seconds you apply a Heal divided amongst allies within 50'.” Yep sure enough, every 3 seconds it would put me into combat. I would only have a split second when I wasn’t in combat to do whatever it was I wanted to do. Unslotted it and no more problems.

Pally’s No Pity No Mercy seems to be pretty much the same thing, or maybe it’s another aura thing? Hope you can figure it out, I know how annoying it is.
    I think it's an aura thing - it's trying to constantly find allies

• dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    If you can identify individual powers that are responsible, maybe rgutscheradev can address them in the short-term :)

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1232826/deflect-procs-that-go-off-without-deflects-and-mysteriously-entering-combat
    @dupeks

Thank you - I'll play around more with it - part of me is trying to remember if this became an issue before or after I swapped to the Fey Weapons. But I seem to remember it starting with the drop of the river district module