What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please remove obsolete items, people getting conned

13»

Comments

• Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    My suggestion to all is this, wait until you see one of these posted for trade, tell them you'll trade, put a potion up and tell them that is what's it worth! I tend to find scammers have a short fuse and they are REALLY REALLY REALLY fun to mess with :)
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    reg1981 said:

My suggestion to all is this, wait until you see one of these posted for trade, tell them you'll trade, put a potion up and tell them that is what's it worth! I tend to find scammers have a short fuse and they are REALLY REALLY REALLY fun to mess with :)

I have a bunch of the raisers and all that from mod 2-3, so I always try to trade, still no success. One day I'll get my trans enchant from them !!
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    asterotg said:

That is all well and good, Ambisinisterr, however, when the only use seems to be for scamming other players something should be done about the situation.

I just said that there may very well be other reasons people have those items.
    You don't know why everybody values those items. You are seeing that the are used maliciously, as any item can be, and asserting that therefore that is the only reason people want them. That is a logical fallacy.

Sorry, but these items have no practical use at all in-game. Yes, they may be held onto by players for nostalgic reasons, but that doesn't mean they are useful items. Other than players wishing to reminisce about the past what other uses could items like these possibly have? The recipes that used them are gone so the only real use people could possibly have is a token of past adventures, no?

I know people collect and/or horde things... my partner is one of those people, and if she was playing back when these things dropped I am sure she would have some muled away somewhere! ;) However, once the recipes for making use of these items were removed from the game the items themselves should of had their quality reduced to "trash" and the tooltip updated to say something along the lines that these items WERE used previously to create powerful items but can no longer be used for this purpose.

When I say that "something should be done about the situation" I don't necessarily mean the items should be removed... simply updating the tooltip would do wonders... regardless of whatever purpose players may have for items that themselves have no practical use in-game. That way those people who hold on to them for nostalgia can do so, and there would be minimal chances of people scamming other people who don't know the items are no longer useful in-game in any meaningful way. Yes, scammers will always exist, however, shouldn't Cryptic do what they can to minimise these types of scams? Simply updating a tooltip is a very easy fix and would solve the scamming issue.

As for other items being posted for a million AD, it is quite probable that someone is either moving AD between accounts or is buying AD from a 3rd party seller. Of course, Cryptic watches those sales I am sure as who is going to buy some green crafting resource for a million AD normally? Same for selling anything on the AH for drastically inflated prices vs the normal prices.
    What are drastically inflated prices? According to dozends of ppl who tried to buy a legendary mount from me, my price was to high, but I sold it for that amount anyway.

This is a kind of market and, like in the real world, you can get scammed. While I would not do such things, I dont like this 'do something about it' attitude. Its their own fault. This is like ppl eating fast food and suing fast food restaurants for getting fat. If ppl are greedy and other ppl use their greed, to scam them, its their own fault. If ppl buy to high or sell to low, it is their own fault. I did not check a post for 99 pres. wards and sold them for 52k AD instead of 520 k AD. I was angry, about my own stupidity, not about the guy buying them.

I dont want to sound like a old man, but if they need to learn this lesson, it is better, that it happens in a game, then in RL.

Jeez, I wasn't even on your lawn! sheesh
  • Options
    herm1t1herm1t1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    The economy in this game is broken. Almost every item on the ah is way overpriced. Cryptic need to set an AD cap of say 150k or they need to allow players the ability to refine all their rough AD. Not all of us have, or want, 10 characters.
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    herm1t1 said:

The economy in this game is broken.

The economy is driven by the market. It's not broken at all.
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    Ahem, all market driven economies are broken if power level in the market is not equal.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited July 2017

I cannot even grasp why someone would buy something in game without understanding the purpose of what they are buying. Are they like 6 years old?

As people already told time after time,people dont know what that item is worth or what it is used for.They say I will give you trans. vorpal+3 r12 bonding+3 brutal rank12+old malabog or dread ring drop for your legendary mount pack(items or exchange is made up from my as*).What do you expect this player to do if s/he started with mod11-12 and in a relatively small guild. I was doing the same when I was newbie(thankfully I started before playerbase went to hell)

herm1t1 said:

The economy in this game is broken.

The economy is driven by the market. It's not broken at all.

I think only extreme price in the market is legendary mounts but those prices are mostly lockboxes low droprate's fault.
    BIS(purple) mounts could be found as low as 1m before mod 6(legendary mounts started with EE if I am not mistaken)
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    dsn1118 said:

What do you expect this player to do

I expect a player to do research. Nothing more, nothing less. If you're trading high value items you better know what you're trading.

I can't think of any reason I would ever trade a high value item for something I've never heard of. If someone offers something I don't know anything about and says the trade has to happen right now than that's a red flag and a deal breaker.