test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Flames of empowerment and puppet

naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User
I made a few runs yesterday with damnation just for fun and to see what the logs looked like. I was checking the effectiveness numbers and noticed something that I didn't understand why at the time but just came up with a possible explanation now. Unfortunately I closed ACT before saving the logs so I'm coming up with the rough numbers I recall.
The minimum effectiveness for every power, including spiritfire and wraith claw was the same, something between 97 and 98%. The maximum effectiveness though was ~267 for all sources I checked except spiritfire and wraith claw. These two had a maximum effectiveness of ~237. At first glance I was thinking it could be related to how the puppet armor penetration works, but it just came to my mind that maybe it has something to do with FoE not affecting the puppet, and maybe even some other debuffs coming from the party. I didn't do any rigorous testing so I'm just out here to ask if anyone knows about FoE and puppet interactions.

Also, the soul investiture buff on the puppet is really hard for me to see, so I have a hard time knowing if I'm able to keep up the 5 stacks. Has anyone been able to check the investiture stacks properly and determine the best way to keep them up constantly? I think it would be cool if there was an appearance change on the puppet based on the investiture stacks. It could be the very translucent way it looks now at zero stacks, and get more opaque as stacks build up to an all solid jet black at full stacks. Then you can easily track your soul investiture.

Comments

• Options
    pyrosorcererpyrosorcerer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 137 Arc User
    Summoning a puppet through other powers seems bugged. When I tried summoning one with Accursed Souls or Wraith's Shadow it mostly instantly vanishes. Some few times it works, never seen the soul investure stacks on puppet. The whole mechanic seems bugged to me, would not surprise me if some buffs don't apply to a puppet either
  • Options
    Did another run, different party and dungeon, and this time, everything, including puppet and spiritfire reached 260% effectiveness. Could have been a weird coincidence on the first few times, or it could have been caused by different party composition the last tests. Would have to test all debuffs and see how they affect puppet to be sure.

On the test dummies I can keep up the 5 stacks (or at least some number that looks like a 5, really hard to see it). It takes a while to get all the stacks though. When doing some heroic encounters though I try to pause a little to find the investiture number and sometimes there isn't a single stack.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    Offtopic, how about damnation in PVP. Did anyone tested this so far or got a viable build ? :)
    (guess not)
  • Options

Offtopic, how about damnation in PVP. Did anyone tested this so far or got a viable build ? :)
    (guess not)

I've heard rumors about damnlocks on pvp from my pvping friends. They said that they managed to get some kills, but they couldn't give me any pointers from what they witnessed since they have no idea how locks work. After all, they they are pvp oriented.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Thx, anyway, warlock will stay a small role in PVP I am sure.
    Even tough TR and Hunter get nerfed they will have the better tools like dodge, high deflect etc.
    What to do against a TR with near 100% deflectchance and 85% deflectseverity, lol :)
    Met some of those guys in PVP lately with abnormous stats.
  • Options
    Yeah, getting pretty sad with locks lately. Only position they can fulfill uncontested is the healer, which they aren't even considered one. HR and TR are very useful pvp wise and HR's specially can absolutely dominate a paingiver chart too. With the unintended nerf to TC coming with the new module, only thing I think would put locks in a really good position without much effort is to make dreadtheft work like Bova, allowing you to take other actions freely while it is active.

I know some locks do alright on pvp and with private queues coming up, I might acutally try some pvp builds with mine. But I care mostly about the pve aspect.
  • Options
    darkan#3756 darkan Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    The stak investure soul few times appear on the companion some times on the puppet they are bug visual anyway the damge increase on the puppet u can see the stak on bar debuffs appear how blue traslucid hand and best way have mainten 5 staks is do perma this meaning give at least 30% deflection chance and some damage resistent if dont die whenever u kill foe cursed summon one and if u have ready will stak on bosses large duration FBI/mSP is better option use acursed soul for stak. and flames of empowerment its bugged say increase you dealt damage but i run with pit no mercy vs flames of empowerment and do more damage with no pit no mercy on bosses put flames of empowerment for do damage with DoT hellish rebuke
  • Options
    darkan#3756 darkan Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    ha ok now have sense my combat advantage damage is 9.1% and Flames of empowerment staked 3 times is 8 % and rare times the minions life enough for apply all staks