test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Brand of the Sun Divinity over time effect

shadrakt2shadrakt2 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
I get that the point of the divinity over time effect when you kill a target with Brand of the Sun is to give you a little bit of divinity once you leave combat. However, this effect makes it really annoying to cast an empowered encounter after casting 3 powers in divinity. I have to press tab again once fully empowered to exit divine mode manually, because Brand gives me a bit more divinity after I've used it all up. Maybe in a future patch you can cancel the divinity over time effect once I enter divine mode, or something like that, to make it less clunky to cast my empowered encounter

Comments

• Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    I agree with this simply because I find this happening very intermittently! The problem with that is I don't watch my encounters, I watch my game play and have a bit of an internal timer on my DC. Only when I smash BTS or FMF a few times do I realize I'm caught in divinity.
  • Options
    dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    > @thefabricant said:
    > How about...No. I would rather have my divinity tyvm. Just press tab.

As much as I love extra divinity, I love consistent game mechanics more.

Many of us plan our combos several steps ahead, firing them all rapidly without pause. Muscle memory usually allows us to move seemlessly from divine to empowered without the slightest pause to check if we are out of divinity. In the past we didn't have to check.

Now divine mode is inconsistent. Sometimes you must tab out of it. Sometimes it drops out on it's own.
    This has caused me to misfire, miss my target due to split second delay or (worst of all) fire the wrong encounter in empowered (guessing that I would stay in divine mode).

One vote for consistency over avarice.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Build in muscle memory to toggle out, its pretty easy. I'd rather have the extra divinity.

Although, I'm happy now that I know what's causing it

:)
  • Options
    dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    > @lantern22 said:
    > Build in muscle memory to toggle out, its pretty easy. I'd rather have the extra divinity.
    >
    > Although, I'm happy now that I know what's causing it
    >
    > :)

Thanks for the suggestion.

But Muscle memory (" memory that involves consolidating a specific motor task into memory through repetition"-Webster) applies to consistently repeatable patterns.

This glitch is random. It cannot be predicted, therefore the memory pattern must be disrupted to search for new data every single time, then resume the memorized motor task.

It is suboptimal and inefficient.
    So, I join the OP in politely requesting a change. It should consistent, one way or the other:
    Always automatic or always manual.

But we can agree to disagree. Cheers.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I would vote for always manual. I would like to see a change in how it reacts to the order buttons get pressed. Currently, if I want to do TAB, BTS, TAB, BTS, what usually happens is TAB, BTSx2, TAB, leaving me down 2 pips of divinity and omitting the EmpBTS when I want to throw it. I can stop this by using some other power to build Empowered stacks (frequently Chains) but it is less optimal. I suspect this relates to a long ago change made to stop people using the old Divine Sunburst in PVP without expending Divinity, but if so it is irrelevant now.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother