test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guild hall rank 4 upgrade question

nimaerdnimaerd Member Posts: 6 Arc User
We want to upgrade our guild hall to rank 4 to enable building upgrades to rank 2. We currently have a rank 3 guild hall, a lumberyard, farm, mill and quarry as well as a market, plus one open support plot. We can't set guild hall rank 4 as contribution target, the button is disabled. However per description we fulfill all the requirements?

Do we always have to fill all open plots before we can further upgrade the guild hall?

Best Answer

• nimaerdnimaerd Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    Okay, today I was spamming the buttons in frustration, switching between different contribution targets and suddenly it worked vOv I have no idea what led to the change

Answers

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,135 Arc User
    Open plots, no, but you need X buildings at Y rank before you can trying to upgrade the Hall. There are some levels you can build one level and then build the next immediately. I am not sure how common that is, though.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    Rank 3 description contains "Requires: 4 other structures at rank 1"
    Rank 4 description contains no additional requirements, simply says "Coffer capacity increases. Structures can be upgraded to Rank 2"

As I wrote in the OP we definitely have 4 "other structures" (in fact, we have 5), so I'm at a loss
  • hirogardehirogarde Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Try switching the contribution target off of the Guild Hall incase the old reqs somehow got stuck in the system. Then check the signpost to make sure you don't have anything red. If something's one (1) short, the rounding might have made it look ready when it's not.

EDIT: While your at the signpost, hover over everything to check "have vs need." If something's exactly at the "need" marker, add one to the coffer. There might be an alliance discount rounding error coming into play too.
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    I think we had the same or similar problem, but I can't remember what the fix was. I'll ask tonight (at work atm) and see if I can find what we did to resolve it.

At the time we were wondering if we needed PvP - but it wasn't that.
    As I wrote in the OP, we can't even set the upgrade as donation target.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    Usually the requirements are to go beyond Odd numbered ranks, for instance, My Guild is Rank 11 and needs 8 Rank 5 structures to go to Rank 12, but then you can immediately go to Rank 13 (I usually build the Marketplace first, before progressing to the Odd numbered Rank and making it my contribution target). By the time we have accumulated enough points to build Rank 13, there is enough left over to build a few (after Rank 9 it was 5) extra buildings with the accumulated contributions to alll the coffers.