test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

RIP Tr's damage in PvP

killtofigthkilltofigth Member Posts: 8 Arc User
Since last update of server preview, changings to piercing damage have been made and tr more than hr
has been disadvantaged by these absurd changes.
No tr and hr, as well as a lot of sane player of any class, can approve this absurdity.
Tr in particular bases his damage on Shocking execution (the only skill that can do an effective burst
damage on single target in pvp) that is based on piercing damage and after this patch started make
ridiculous damages (from 35k to 55K in general without any debuff and sometimes less than 20k with debuffs
such as fey and valhalla). These changings to Tenacity are absurd and not necessary but here if any pug start complain about something just because he isn't able to play his own class his will is satisfied.
I tried to play without SE and using other dailies (such as Blood Bath) and in some cases they're good 1vs1 but in a domination are unusable. Try to imagine how bad can be BB used at the beginning on point 2 or just if on point there're more than 1 person. The only way to play pvp in mod 12 for a tr will be just using Courage Breaker all the time. No damage, no kills, like some modules ago, before the introduction of new weapons.
Don't know what was the problem with piercing. SE could do an average damage of 120-130k without buff from other players and sometimes reach peaks of 150k or more, but anyway not enought to kill a well equipped player if u consider that all other skills were used just prepare SE hit. The problem are oneshots (thanks to First Strike) and buffs from Itf or Clerics etc. that make SE reach insane damages. Problem is not the base damage of SE that represent the only good way to do damage in pvp for a tr.
Also combat hr's damage was good and doesn't need changings (hr's problem are insane healings more than anything else, not damage).
Me and a lot of other trs and hr believe that piercing and tenacity shouldn't change because now thery're already good. Anyway if these changings will be effective on module 12 me and some other trs won't play this game anymore because from a serious game you can't expect such stupid things and devs should, as first thing, enter in game and play pvps with all classes before satisfy absurd demands from nubs players.

Comments

• manuel88fendermanuel88fender Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    I'm totally agree with your post because this class is getting destryed by these changings!
  • ase#2329 ase Member Posts: 61 Arc User

Me and a lot of other trs and hr believe that piercing and tenacity shouldn't change because now thery're already good.

Me and a lot of people from all the other classes disagree with that statement. And HR damages are quite absurd ignoring everything from Def to high value tenacity.
    That might be a good thing to not have 1 shot TR spamming SE until it finally hits you :)
    I understand it is always HAMSTER to get nerfed and that they should work on something so you will not be forced to play perma-cc TR though...
  • dmcewendmcewen Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    Get ready for the support classes to reign supreme. GF will not only 2 shot you but won't die and DC and pally will be invincible.
    Guild: Ruthless
    Character: Vendetta
  • kirinthedeathkirinthedeath Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User
    sorry for my orrible english but i'll try to explain...

this is a HAMSTER .... i tried a lot of combo 1 vs 1 and i cant kill no one at this moment.... just gf's and some hr's trapper but no combat cause a lot of incoming healing and my little stupid dmg can just scratch their back....

tried a lot of combo with exe,scoundrel,sabo... arpen or not, but our enchounter cant deal dmg LOL ... im a tr bis just without legendary mount( soo almost) and , before, without tenser buff I have had many difficulties for kill a lot of classes(im sabo not exe first striker) cause incoming heal from feat's (HR'S),lion, whell, bonuses insignas.... i think the tr was balanced without First strike i wont oneshot no one but i want kill im a rogue not DC!!!

tried some premade with bb on node ... results? OMG just for proc heals to enemy yes it work ^^ one 2 or 3 bb splitted on node vs 5 is useless i can't focus nobody just with gloaming cut maybe i need to keep smoke itc on node or gf's hr's cw's melt us like a butter....

now i saw the description of SE and keep the" PIEARCING DMG" where is the piearcing dmg lol HOW CAN I USE one "DAILY" with 30 35K of dmg i tried on node with buff almost 50k.... cmon now all have like 200k+ of hp.... cw's when focus somebody melt ppls like a water....gf's can onerotate EVERYONE LOL,gwf same,Hr with piearcing nerf now only need some time(combat) Hr's trapper can do dot like 20k with 8-9 tic lol cmon....

on node before i was a good shotcaller now just a machine for cb.... I do not know what has passed through your head...

this is not my char Peoples were crying cause build oneshotter they could deal like 250 280k and this is a HAMSTER...

we had just one skill and now we are HAMSTER up.... I hope you do not really do this nonsense to make these absurd changes effective or I think I'll abandon the pvp and so soon the game ...

pls devs tell us a solution or do something for dont lose 90% of tr's pvp'ers...

P.S. i didn't cryed never here and this is a simply consideration ,Just to make you realize what u did....

• killtofigthkilltofigth Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    clonkyo1 said:

Well, i MAY agree that S.E. should not suffer is from the "crit mitigation" layer on PvP... but that S.E. and piercing blades (and other piercing stuff, ofc) must respect "tenacity" is a minimum QoL for PvP.

We need to see how much tenacity can debuff SE damage... I can only say that whit an everage damage of 110-140k u took a lot of time to kill someone's good and in a lot of cases there are players with more than 200k hp with all healings (wheel, pots, insignia's bonus etc.) that can't be killed by a tr. Moreover all runs with fey that apply debuff and there is also valhalla set and people use tr's ward (SE become a joke already in live server).
    With the current SE damage it's hard to kill 1vs1 for a tr, imagine after these HAMSTER changings when we would have no good single target skills for dps.
    All here complaining about trs and nobody see that gf (that wouldn't be a dps class) can onerotate everyone and his rotation does much more damage compared with tr's once (CB, smoke, St or Ds and SE...damage comes just from one daily: SE)
    ase#2329 said:

Me and a lot of other trs and hr believe that piercing and tenacity shouldn't change because now thery're already good.

Me and a lot of people from all the other classes disagree with that statement. And HR damages are quite absurd ignoring everything from Def to high value tenacity.
    That might be a good thing to not have 1 shot TR spamming SE until it finally hits you :)
    I understand it is always HAMSTER to get nerfed and that they should work on something so you will not be forced to play perma-cc TR though...
    So why they don't nerf first strike or buffs from other classes? Tr can't oneshot in "normal conditions"
  • trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    How many more mods would you like Tr's to reign supreme my rogue overlord? 5? 10 more?

Ever stop to think how many gwf's, sw's and pallies stopped playing pvp either because they were getting dominated so hard because they couldn't dodge and we getting one hit with 250k hp? Probably more then the amount of rogues that will stop playing this game if this update makes it to live..
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • dr4g0nst33ldr4g0nst33l Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    ase#2329 said:

Premise:
    PVP is the game's end game so if you do not have the equipment you should not complain if you are killed by a BIS player in any case.

Did u test TR n PTR recently? Because right now even a BIS TR + Tenser hardly kill someone even with the rotations CB +Tenser+ BB, (i'm talking about BIS vs BIS player who actually play in PVP not pugs or people with the wrong build who complains of dying and wants to nerf everyone they can't kill) and during premade can't be compettive at all since he can't focus DPS. We heve no encounter for dealing serious damage and we always need 2 encounter just for not die (ITC and Shadow strike) so what's remains? CB and BB +at-will is simply not enough but more important the damage will be spread if there is more the 1 player around so will be useless.

BIS TR can't oneshot another BIS player in normal condition (first strike could be nerfed but it is the only way with which low gear TR can kill someone and have some fun, the alternatve is PERMACB for the happiness of everyone, but first srike could be nerfed) and SE is largely dodgeable. Right now we lost more then 60% damage from SE so we are forced to not use our best skill and will be unkillable class like cleric and paladins which will be unkillable without TR SE piercing damage or HR piercing + the buff of cleric and GF (there are OP with more then 300k HP and alot of mitigations and instant healing try to think that!)

Now as the live server now, the damage to pvp classes at high levels (good players with the right build) is correct for the amount of healing that is there.
    Also, it is not true that HR (or GF) damage is so absurd, once understood how to fight it, is predictable, all dodgeable and all good players in all classes can have a fair fight. The real problem of HR Combat with the absurd healing NOT the damage!

Moreover in conclusion if we start nerfing damage and this changes goes online we will return to having PVPs that will end with zero kill on both sides, more like a marathon to catch the nodes,this is NOT PVP ... you have already seen in module 7-8-9-10 until the advent of relic weapons. This is the way to LOSE other players not to get them back (like in mod 7-8-9-10).

Good Game
    DragonSteel
    I got an idea how about they just make the class with the least defensive mechanics, no prones besides dailies and with no dodge roll immunity frames just have the highest DPS class in PVP. That just makes sense. GWF's should be the uncontested DPS character in the game. Not the GF(tank class), trickster rogue or the hunter ranger.

Now ill say this. Ya they went too far they only really had to make it respect the tenacity dr and not both tenacity dr and crit suppression too. If I could have them fix one thing it would be to make it not respect crit suppresion on tenacity that way they would just hit 40% less and not like 75% less. Which would still be respectable for an executioner because they would still one hit people with fray and good buffs. But also would make a saboteurs dunk primarily just a finisher which is what you should expect if you aren't an executioner after all..
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.

How many more mods would you like Tr's to reign supreme my rogue overlord? 5? 10 more?

Ever stop to think how many gwf's, sw's and pallies stopped playing pvp either because they were getting dominated so hard because they couldn't dodge and we getting one hit with 250k hp? Probably more then the amount of rogues that will stop playing this game if this update makes it to live..

Reign supreme??? O.o what are u saying? Tr is not the best class since mod 5 and now in live an sw that knows how to play can't be killed by a tr rather sw is now one of the tankiest class in game (go on youtube and see some videos or better think to do play pvp more often pls and see how thinks are for real). BIS gwf can't be killed by tr too or it's a very hard think to do, but if the gwf is able to play and apply feytouched, has good self healings and a lot hp can't be killed. Only hr can now can kill gwf fast but consider that for a lot of mods the situation in gwf vs hr was totally different and hr could do nothing.
    You talked about pallies, the tankiest class of the game and 1vs1 a BIS tr can just tickle a pally with much less gs but that know how to play his class.
    As I said the think that should be changed is the amount of damage bonus provided by dcs or itf to other players and first strike too.
    If someone got killed fast by tr's SE in 1vs1 is only an his own problem and he should learn how to play his class

I got an idea how about they just make the class with the least defensive mechanics, no prones besides dailies and with no dodge roll immunity frames just have the highest DPS class in PVP. That just makes sense. GWF's should be the uncontested DPS character in the game. Not the GF(tank class), trickster rogue or the hunter ranger.

Now ill say this. Ya they went too far they only really had to make it respect the tenacity dr and not both tenacity dr and crit suppression too. If I could have them fix one thing it would be to make it not respect crit suppresion on tenacity that way they would just hit 40% less and not like 75% less. Which would still be respectable for an executioner because they would still one hit people with fray and good buffs. But also would make a saboteurs dunk primarily just a finisher which is what you should expect if you aren't an executioner after all..

Or they increase SE's physical damage or also tenacity mitigation is insane. Shocking SE is not enought to kill nodoby without buffs from dcs or gfs and a -40% would mean "good bye damage" too. Have u got an idea of how much healings there are in pvp now? If u can't onerotate u wouldn't kill nobody. If gwf doesn't do the highest damage in pvp why they don't buff his dps instead of destroy other classes' damage? I'm agree with u in this case: gwf should be the most dps class and do more damage than gf and tr, so why they don't buff it instead of debuff the others?
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    One question.. Why isn't this on the preview feedback thread where it has a sliver of chance to effect change?

Edit: Thank you!
    Post edited by rustlord on
  • nickjdowenickjdowe Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    It was the fault of the TR that players all started stacking HP instead of Defensive stats. When you ignore all mitigation and hit for 170k, we stacked HP to 200k. When you hit for 200k we stacked to 240k. Now the devs made Piercing respect Tenacity and you're upset that your now 70k hits can't 1 shot an opponent with 240k HP?

A lot of mechanics need to be adjusted in order to fix PvP right now and I hope the devs get it right. It's going to take a lot of testing and adjusting Tenacity levels and what should be uncluded in Tenacity. Armor Pen Resist and Crit Severity resist need to come way down. Physical damage for the TR and HR could use a bump to compensate for a lack of damage outside of piercing. Also, further healing suppression needs to be implemented in some areas. It was the rampant self healing in PvP which made burst damage king in PvP. However if you over do heal suppression then you create a larger gap between light armor and heavy armor classes.

I will still complain about ITC because I fought on preview a TR with 27k (30k+ buffed) recovery that can chain ITC, smokebomb + CB back to back. There is no window to attack, there is no window to escape from smokebomb because before the 1st SB is down the 2nd is already set.

There is no way to attack because all you see is a black TR and you move like a snail (also you are perma dazed)

I prefered to fight TRs that were able to deal some good burst damage.

But I guess this change will force TRs to go as CCancerous as possible.

I'm of the opinion that recovery should have a cap since lostmauth's set got nerfed and a lot of trs started run with valindra and sometimes with 20k+ recovery...always liked build with good burst and yeah I think with this changings a lot of us will run with CCancerous build but with no dps on single target (BB is no use in domination where u're never 1vs1) I don't see any alternatives
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    About time the absurd free damage some classes have been enjoying without any offensive stats to back it up is put to a stop.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Now we need them to bring in the CC immunity frames they've been discussing :smiley:

Edit: one point to remember is that with tenacity now being on 'you' rather than your gear, you can wear pve gear which has higher offensive stats.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    armadeonx said:

Now we need them to bring in the CC immunity frames they've been discussing :smiley:

Edit: one point to remember is that with tenacity now being on 'you' rather than your gear, you can wear pve gear which has higher offensive stats.

Thats what im hoping will happen. That pve gear has such good stats.
  • markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    The changes to class are welcomed. Tenacity changes are welcomed.
    I've seen too many classes getting 1 shot by TR.

Why recommend changes to recovery? My CW likes it right where it is.

Just seems like some Tr's are getting upset they can't 1 shot other classes or "kill fast".
    Post edited by markeen#2032 on
    Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.
  • finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    My SW is more OP now :)
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

• plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    one hit kill us for years and now its half one hit kill and they threat to constant CB us
    tough choice...

u will get 50% more with DC or CW in party
    As far as i understand all will get ~20% in next patch with the new calculation.

TR was and will be strongest class in PVP so i wouldn't be worry
    edited July 2017
    Problem is that the tr shouldn't be the strongest class in the game because of all the defensive and team play mechanics that it has if you cant see that then I dont know what to tell you. GWFs have no team based mechanics, effective stuns and only prones with a daily and only 1 defensive mechanic that you still take full dmg while doing so yes they should have the highest damage in the game which should be set to the GF's current damage then nerfing Iron vanguard GF's damage by like half.