test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I think its about time..

trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
edited June 2017 in PvP Discussion
I think its about time to implement a counter to the permanent courage breaker spam meta in PVP. @terramak Perhaps you can unstoppable break out of courage breaker or something? This way GWF's will actually be wanted in serious PVP matches?

Just a thought if you can think of other good ways to implement a counter to this super annoying meta of being courage broken and pushed all over the place the whole PVP community and I would certainly appreciate it.
Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.

Comments

• pandoratanakapandoratanaka Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    The only confirmed counter so far is Oghma's Token of free movement.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Too much cc in PvP full stop.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    there was a time long long ago CB was a wth-that's-useless kind of power, also the day when competitive 1v1 meant no dailies allowed but here we are with the massive AP meta, coincidentally the only 2 remaining good TR powers being dailies, maybe 3.. I spam bloodbath way worse. so how did we ever get here..

to ++ insult to injury only viable counter to cb is another TR encounter (whisperknife vengeance pursuit with 6 sec cooldown)
  • trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    @rustlord
    Shouldn't be like that though they totally need an at will and encounter buff and daily nerf. Id even suggest making courage breaker a whisperknife exclusive so more people could be it but not be totally OP because now they wouldn't have ITC too.

But seriously GWFs should be able to unstoppable out of it and GF's should be able to villains menace out of it too(but only after they catch a major dps nerf to conqueror).

@pandoratanaka
    Seems a bit silly especially since they can just cb you after like 3 seconds. A bit of a waste of the artifact.

@jonkoca
    Not a full stop but seriously needs a rework.
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

@rustlord
    Shouldn't be like that though they totally need an at will and encounter buff and daily nerf. Id even suggest making courage breaker a whisperknife exclusive so more people could be it but not be totally OP because now they wouldn't have ITC too.

But seriously GWFs should be able to unstoppable out of it and GF's should be able to villains menace out of it too(but only after they catch a major dps nerf to conqueror).

@pandoratanaka
    Seems a bit silly especially since they can just cb you after like 3 seconds. A bit of a waste of the artifact.

@jonkoca
    Not a full stop but seriously needs a rework.

Replace "full stop" with "period" to better understand what he meant.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • faerbotfaerbot Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    Umm people still think PVP is a thing in this game?
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    I'm sick of people making nerf tr threads.

Courage breaker is fine....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited June 2017

I'm sick of people making nerf tr threads.

Courage breaker is fine....

Honestly, I hate nerf threads as much as the next guy but as someone already stated the cc in pvp is simply too much. These days most matches I enter have at least 2 rogues on either team and that's no accident. It pretty much means near permanent smoke bomb on node and if the TRs cant kill you outright they also CB you which makes you stand still, unable to do anything. Ask yourself if that is acceptable. Is it ok to be completely canceled out while trying to contest and just sit there watching your character being slowly dismantled or insta killed by a SE? Its rhetorical..

Perhaps the solution can be a simple one without any specific class nerfs. Just boost our built-in pvp control resistance or introduce a mechanic which makes us immune to control right after being controlled. There are options.

PS: Repel is in the same boat btw, Im not singling out the TR class
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
    @emilemo A short daily cooldown timer would be awesome right now as it is they can pretty much fight anyone with ITC, smokebomb, courage breaker and of course the crazy rolling immunity frames and contest any dps character in the game.

That or just give GWFs unstoppable the ability to counter this horrible meta and call it good so it at least has 1 realistic counter in the game.
  • teucer#3019 teucer Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    LOL, I watched what you are referring to, you were stuck. I had two TRs lay into me that way. Just had to wait for the opening to knock one off and chase the other. It's strange to see that much recovery on a TR.
    The Legendary Outlaws
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User

LOL, I watched what you are referring to, you were stuck. I had two TRs lay into me that way. Just had to wait for the opening to knock one off and chase the other. It's strange to see that much recovery on a TR.

GF? Unfortunately my main is a paladin and thus no handy knockdown available. Since the change to Binding Oath an op is a sitting duck vs bis rogues and they manage to kill me sometimes.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    cc span is about to get even worse now since tr piercing dps is getting nerfed LOL carefull what you wish for guys
  • dmcewendmcewen Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    Curage breaker and Trapper HR's so much fun lol. Who is going to kill the GF's, OP'sand DC's?
    Guild: Ruthless
    Character: Vendetta
    edited July 2017
    dmcewen said:

Curage breaker and Trapper HR's so much fun lol. Who is going to kill the GF's, OP'sand DC's?

Should be the GWF's.. with team buffs and stuff of course. Thats what we are supposed to be. The top DPS.
  • disposablehero#5903 disposablehero Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    kalina311 said:

cc span is about to get even worse now since tr piercing dps is getting nerfed LOL carefull what you wish for guys

I'm prepared to be tickled mercilessly in the coming months. Should be fun!
    Dungeon Interior Coordinator for WAR-BOUND. <i class="Italic"></i>

PS4 characters:
    Brie Liadon, Shotgun Wizard
    Disposable Hero, Kidney removal technician
    Valorous Cake, Armored pastry defender
    Ginger Christ needs no introductions
  • dmcewendmcewen Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    Suppose to be and reality are two different things. The gwf hasn't even went through class balances, last thing you want is bandaid fixes. Just look at what they did for the hr, added piercing as a bandaid fix. Now everyone wants them to deal no damage.

The pvp changes have turned into nerf the hr, tr and gf while buff the gwf. The focus should be on pvp, not class balance. Fixing piercing is a great start.
    Guild: Ruthless
    Character: Vendetta
  • teucer#3019 teucer Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    emilemo said:

GF?

No, HR.
    The Legendary Outlaws