test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The value in doing Svarborg for those that don't want relic gear

clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
I am certain that I am one of many that have zero interest in wanting anything to do with relic weapons/armour. When they gave the free 30% everfrost resistance I have done some Svaborgs and the rewards were mostly junk, by junk I mean I am getting purple and orange marks that I can do nothing with. It feels I am wasting time doing this (other than for the weekly ruby quest), but I just want to make sure that I am perhaps missing some item and that it is worth doing it (beyond relic grinding). The same question applies to Fangbreaker, the rewards seem to be better than Svaborg, but should I instead be doing other dungeons ?

On the topic of relic marks, should I just put them into refining normal gear, or does anyone ever see the day when they are worth something?

Comments

• Options
    dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    I think svadborg has a belt drop worth 100k+.It drops a headpiece which gives bonus power in everfrost zone.2 drops is all I can think of right now
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Greater Ostorian rings drop from FBI and SVA (maybe just Master?) These are pretty much top end gear. Rare and not all rings have good stats. Beware the dreaded Blod Curse.

Valhalla set (3 pieces) which are good for tanks. Value on PC wasn't high last I looked. Have gotten several complete sets.

Jarl's Gaze. Good headgear for doing mod 10 content. Unique appearance. Fairly common. MSVA only. Normal drops Historian's Regalia, but I've never done it.

Chance at a polar bear mount? Never gotten it but have seem others get the token.

Frequent random loot, artifacts, mounts etc...

The instance is mostly for the Marks but if are capable of getting decent groups and don't mind the key grind, it offers 3 chests fairly quickly.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    captflint#2758 captflint Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Excellent +5 rings for your companion, especially after underdark ring changes. Even a +4 ring for companion is about bis behind +5
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    Historian's Regalia, from NSVA, is an excellent chestpiece at 480 ILvl. 2000 crit and a lot of recovery.
  • Options
    muminekm#3459 muminekm Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    But with following mods it would be nice if they add something else to it. With time people will farm different gear (mod 12) or weapon (mod 13?) and it would be waste to have this place with no people to run it. Even some kind of vendor where you could trade your special marks for normal ones would work nice (so people would run it to farm GMOP and SMOP..at reasonable rate of course. But marks are used as a way to regulate AD in game so it might be bad idea). Or different method. I just run it since my friends need marks but outside 'fun' there is nothing to gain for me since I rock fey set. And I lose like 20++ minutes to get a group to run it (premade..public is probably close to impossible).

And yeah I have Historian regalia, better helm, rings and so on already
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    Personally I view that part of the game as failed content. I didnt do it when it was relevant and I sure as heck wont be doing it now that its about to be rendered obsolete.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

I am certain that I am one of many that have zero interest in wanting anything to do with relic weapons/armour. When they gave the free 30% everfrost resistance I have done some Svaborgs and the rewards were mostly junk, by junk I mean I am getting purple and orange marks that I can do nothing with. It feels I am wasting time doing this (other than for the weekly ruby quest), but I just want to make sure that I am perhaps missing some item and that it is worth doing it (beyond relic grinding). The same question applies to Fangbreaker, the rewards seem to be better than Svaborg, but should I instead be doing other dungeons ?

On the topic of relic marks, should I just put them into refining normal gear, or does anyone ever see the day when they are worth something?

It will be interesting to see what happens in mod 12 when the Relic gear becomes available from the seal traders!

• Options
    arod7932arod7932 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    Weekly free blood ruby quest....that's about it...
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

It's always nice to have a place to farm R5's!