test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Alliances...

Why is it so difficult to join an alliance. We are a small group of friends trying to join an alliance so we can expand in the game. I have been trying in game for days and all attempts to find or even join an alliance have failed. We don't want to leave our guild ( we formed it as friends) we just want to access more of the game and grow as players.

Comments

• Options
    fatkidhatchets#8425 fatkidhatchets Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    It comes down to guild level and activity. See if your group of friends is, lets say 20 players big, but a guild can easily seat 150 members, would it be good for the whole alliance to be short 130 members? Also your level directly contributes to 'cost reduction' for all guilds in the alliance. So a higher level guild would be likely chosen, if you are suffering from both low members and low levels it likely will not change that other guilds will want to replace you when something better pops up. Sorry about your luck!

I wish you the best of luck!
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    Many of the stronger alliances just went through about a month of shuffling guilds etc as dead guilds were weened, stronger guilds at sword spots left to start their own alliances etc. The super serious end game guilds got together and the more casual guilds got together. Also what was said above is true, your guildhall level contributes to the overall alliance score which affects the construction discounts that the alliance guilds get. So to be honest if an alliance has a dead level 7 guild with no active members- it's almost better to hold on to them than to dump them to pick up a level 1 guild.

Don't give up hope though- there are plenty of smaller alliances out there that I'm sure have room for you guys. Right now we are full or I'd get you in to talk to our alliance leader. The best thing you can do is to start trying to get your guild hall up to at least 3, and pug into dungeons so that people get to know your guild and the quality of players. Trust me when I say that guild and alliance leaders pay attention to the guild tags on the people in their pugs.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    xinexixxinexix Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    Most alliances will recruit based on recommendations from individual guild leaders, so listen to ravenskya and start pugging from queue and host some groups through LFG in the enclave. Top tier players will take notice if you're running good groups, and we do talk to each other and keep our ears to the ground, so eventually your guild name will be filtered up to leadership.

Also keep an eye on zone chat in PE. When top alliances have an opening they usually say so in chat.

• Options
    sinseraphim#6867 sinseraphim Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    be patient and most of all "get gooder".
  • Options
    If you guys are active (and still looking) the Furies will take you. We have two small dead guilds I'd like to kick for active guilds.