test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Player Investigation Needed! (Lockbox wins)

missdayummissdayum Member Posts: 230 Arc User
So I ran CN yesterday with some guildies and I noticed his/her name popped up quite often, to be precise everything WITHIN 10 minutes that person won the following according to the ADMIN FEED:

- 1x Whirlwind
- 4x Tome of Ascendance
- 1x Arcane Whirlwind

Everything in that order and no players with others wins in between. Someone might say lucky or whatever, that guy recored a few of the wins in the activity feed so you can go ahead and check them out.

But then today, I ran ETOS and I kid you not the same name popped up again but this time that person won WITHIN 5 minutes:

- 2x Arcane Whirlwinds

So either your RNG system is broke or that's some unusual luck I tell you that. I mean two legendary mounts within 5 minutes and since I was in a dungeon run there was no mistake about the time or the win unlock in the feed.

< Removed Player Name > -Ambisinisterr

Just my two cents for today cause I don't know better...
Best guild: Guardians of the Fallen (2019-2021)
My past guilds: Guardians of Midgard/HazardousNation/SomewhatSerious/JesusHadSoulforged/ImperialLegion/LadiesofNeverwinter/OutKast
My past alliances: LookGoodPlayGood/Eviscerate/JesusHadSoulforged/Ruthless/TheLegendaryOutlaws

GWF - 4,069 Gear Score (classic)
Barbarian - 48,499 Total Item Level
RIP Bonding Runestones since "combat/companion changes" update on February 5, 2021

Master of Svardborg (banner) trophy, unlocked January 4, 2020! (Playstation4) / Master of Svardborg (banner) achievement, unlocked August 9, 2017! (XboxOne) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) trophy, unlocked February 5, 2020! (Playstation4) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) achievement, unlocked June 9, 2015! (XboxOne) / Portal Dodger achievement, unlocked July 16, 2017! (XboxOne)
Post edited by ambisinisterr on

Comments

• dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    I wouldn't jump to conclusions. I know whales that open up thousands of boxes per sitting. I know people who barely play this game outside of AH and box gambling.

Evidence of large-scale box opening is not really evidence of nefarious behavior. Maybe just gambling addiction (the keys are like what 50 cents and the prize can be worth up to several hundred dollars of in-game value... sounds like a slot machine to me).

This lockbox was also the first to have a much higher drop rate for the legendary prizes than previous lockboxes.
  • missdayummissdayum Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    Hmm maybe so. Still looks fishy. That person recorded the two arcane legendary wins within five minutes of today aswell.
    Best guild: Guardians of the Fallen (2019-2021)
    My past guilds: Guardians of Midgard/HazardousNation/SomewhatSerious/JesusHadSoulforged/ImperialLegion/LadiesofNeverwinter/OutKast
    My past alliances: LookGoodPlayGood/Eviscerate/JesusHadSoulforged/Ruthless/TheLegendaryOutlaws

GWF - 4,069 Gear Score (classic)
    Barbarian - 48,499 Total Item Level
    RIP Bonding Runestones since "combat/companion changes" update on February 5, 2021

Master of Svardborg (banner) trophy, unlocked January 4, 2020! (Playstation4) / Master of Svardborg (banner) achievement, unlocked August 9, 2017! (XboxOne) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) trophy, unlocked February 5, 2020! (Playstation4) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) achievement, unlocked June 9, 2015! (XboxOne) / Portal Dodger achievement, unlocked July 16, 2017! (XboxOne)
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    There are people that open thousands of each of the lockboxes and record the results and the observed drop rate on this box is around 1.5 in a 1000 which could easily happen within 5 minutes as I assume these people are opening hundreds of boxes at a time and not like me, opening 20, go buy more keys, open 20 more...rage quit cause I didn't get anything...hehe.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    I can already see the moderation on this coming due to the name. That said, just cause something is unlikely, doesn't mean its impossible. Happens on PC all the time - the same person winning a lot.

People win the lottery all the time, at millions to 1 odds. Stuff happens.

Thread closed in 3...2
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    Thank you for the report but please do not name and shame users on the forums.

As others have said some people do open up hundreds of boxes very quickly. In large quanitiies (last I checked) you get more value opening the boxes than you lose in the cost of keys so some people do open up hundreds at a time.

I'll forward the information you supplied but next time please file a support ticket or use the in game report feature to make an anonymous claim against another user. :)
    -Ambisinisterr
This discussion has been closed.