test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Armor Pen Cap

stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
I know the armor pen cap used to be 60% resist ignored, but has that changed with harder enemies(LVL73)? As I remember Tiamat was the only thing you needed for over 60% in PVE, so I was wondering does that mean the cap might be higher for newer content?

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    60% is for Level 73 enemies.

Not even Tiamart needs more than 60% Resistance Ignored.

If you were wondering, there were reports around of higher level enemies rolling around in the SH Defense map, say, level 74-76.

I know that monster DR at level 74+ is higher, but honestly, I see no point in stacking more than the usual 60% for that. That's because, a, most players will only do the first 5 waves, and b, enemies at level 75+ start taking less damage due to this weird level difference thing.

The level difference thing is something Sharp found out and knows more about it than I do. Essentially, as the difference in levels between attacker and defender increases, the defender just flat out takes less damage (or, if you want to see it differently, the attacker flat out deals less damage). So, in the SH Defense instance, those level 74+ enemies flat out mitigate more of your damage, to the point where a BiS character would be hitting for peanuts against a level 76 enemy.

This level difference thing is why player attacks are only 3/4ths as effective on level 73 enemies, Resistance Ignored included.