test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SpellPlague Duo Run

oria1oria1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 263 Arc User
edited June 2017 in General Discussion (PC)
The reason I wanted to make this post is not brag (so much) but to show to others (and maybe inspire) that any class if played well can do wonders. Often I read or hear, people saying don't play xxxx class or path play yyyy class or path cause its better. Sw cant heal or buff/debuff, CW MOF sucks, DC shines, Templocks (Temptation warlocks) are dead and so on.

For me whoever is absolute in terms such as, "this class is better and the other is bad" should stop posting all together. Not all clerics are same and just because you see one doing well, doesn't mean all do well and that is true for every class. On top I have this feeling that some people want to turn this into a "class war". In my guild we let people create and experiment on every path and every way possible. Some work better than others, sure, but remember that there are people behind the "fail" classes you all blame and everyone has a right to play as they choose. Of course this is no excuse for bad playing but dismissing some players based on pure lack of knowledge and incorrect facts is equally bad as the "bad player" you try to avoid.

Learn to embrace new ways of playing and Its OK if one FBI run isn't done in 12 min, 20-25 min is good too. For me and others is more important to have a relaxed and fun run with less or no stress. I don't feel like I want to exclude people, just because they play SW templock or Paladins or whatever. GOOD PLAYERS is what we need to help and create, not good classes.

In that spirit, this is a screenshot of a SW Temptation and a CW MOF DPS (2 of the classes no one believes in), duo run in Spellplague epic. (what else)

We had several deaths and wipes till we figure out some details, some SNRs, and 3rd boss bugging on us. The other 3 you see are people from my guild I invited at 5% of the boss so they can get lucky with some loot from boss/chest. They found a squad next to portal and killed it and that's why you see some dmg and heals from them.

Thank you for your time
Voodoo
MoF Debuffer

Comments

• spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    Over 2 hours? Wow. Nice patience ^^.

• oria1oria1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    All solo/duo runs take longer than a full team ones. On top we had to fight with SNR and a bugged boss which added time to the run but speed to be honest wasn't the goal.

Voodoo
    MoF Debuffer

• forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    Two hours, or at least close to it, was the normal run time for difficult dungeons for a long time, but they were actually offering valuable loot back then.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

I am curious. How did you manage the bossfights?

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    Another reason took more time was the lack of combat advantage.When you duo is harder to maintain combat advantage with positioning since you care in that case to stay in pilar and the pilar to hit also the bosses. WE should use a tank companion to get combat advantage easier and a breath:)
  • clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    oria1 said:

(and maybe inspire)

This has the opposite effect, it tells me how badly designed these dungeons are if they can be run solo (or even duo). It tells me how pointless team play and support classes are. The only one I hope this inspires is the developers to come up with better ideas.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Gratz guys, agree that the vitriol about what class is good or bad is just....BAD.
    edited June 2017

oria1 said:

(and maybe inspire)

This has the opposite effect, it tells me how badly designed these dungeons are if they can be run solo (or even duo). It tells me how pointless team play and support classes are. The only one I hope this inspires is the developers to come up with better ideas.
    You may have a point but think of it like this. It took us 2 hours while with a proper squad it takes 20-35m (though it was our 1st try and I'm sure IF we do it again, now we'll do it faster). But that wasn't the point. I'm not trying to make or asking people to do 2man runs, but rather to show and prove that, the classes that are not considered by most as "viable" or "good", can actually do well when you invest time in them and learn how to play them. A Templock has huge potential too and can bring added value to the group unlike what most think and same can be said for all the classes that people think wrongfully that they are not "worthy". Same goes for MOF dps or debuff or heal pally etc etc.

Voodoo
    MoF Debuffer

Sry and i dont wanna offend you...but i have to ask: How did you manage the boss fights and how many scrolls did you use?

edited June 2017
    No offence at all. Keep in mind that, this was our first try and we were trying to make a strategy and test things out.

1st boss I got a SNR at 3rd stage and we had to wipe, then 2nd try he bugged (moved fireball as he was jumping ) and we had to repeat. Used 2-3 scrolls there. We used another 4-5 at mobs in general specially at the start since we got the fire dudes that one hit you. It was less lagy since we were the 2 of us only but we still had spikes here and there. (and some arrogant play from us, that got us killed a couple of times :P)

2nd boss I "jumped" by accident and noticed I had wrong boon, Lifesteal instead for HP and had to use 2-3 scrolls, after switching to hp it just took long. CW used shield and that made the boss fight a bit longer but totally safe. We timed the mirrors at 4 stacks since it was hard to survive 5 stack hits. total count 5 or 6 for that.

We didn't skip mobs at all and the CW used repel to push mobs in lava so it was an easy kill going from 2nd to 3rd boss. (old timers tricks). Many people choose to run to campfire and wipe/reset but we wanted to kill all for the fun.

Nostura was far easier but longer fight, had to use only 2 scrolls during a poison I couldn't heal cause I had nothing to attack and she didn't stun to remove it. The fight took long cause we were slower in killing flames/tentacles and she healed for more.

Cw had aggro most of time so he had to use shield and no combat advantage and that's why it took us a bit longer. If i had use dancing shield it would be much faster. We live and learn :)

Voodoo
    MoF Debuffer
    Post edited by oria1 on

thx for your response. Again: Congratz to you both

• issssshoisssssho Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 105 Arc User
    First of all grats on completing it. Second, I think runs like this should inspire people to try different paths since we strive away from role-playing more and more each day and just focus on reaching bis gear and build leaving all the fun behind.
    With great power comes great electricity bill.

THC
    http://www.theholycrusaders.com/
  • isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    hmm all great stuff! Its always hard for myself as a heal paladin to get runs in because I do not buff as much as a DC. Not that I do not buff at all because I buff. But elitist players are sometimes very ignorant and think only DCs buff and want the run to be as short as possible. I can also dps, tank, heal, with minor buffs but nope its not good enough unless I increases everyone's damage by 200%.
    edited June 2017
    Really thank you all for your kind words. Yes @isssssho and @isaintify1 my point was exactly that, because lately all I see is people just repeating what they see (monkey see monkey do) on videos etc without stopping for a moment to think that, maybe there is another way. Sure, some ways may give faster time completion, but lets not forget that others makes things easier and are almost equally fast, and not all groups are high IL or play for as long as other experienced people do.

We tend to forget that we ourselves started from somewhere too, and that not all people can or need to do math, or must/should be top on their class in build, rotations, gears to be able to do dungeons. If this keeps up, soon I can see only 3 class playing the game cause according to the "elders" only those classes are deemed worthy of entering a dungeon. (Over dramatize to make a point:P)

In that spirit, here is a totally casual run with my guild. No clerics no GFs no CW debuffers even, (though I main a cw debuffer) just to show that there are other viable and maybe more fun ways to play, keeping in mind that fun is something different for everyone. The party is made with 2 casual players that most would not consider "TOP DPS BUILDS" and for 2 this was their 2nd/3rd run in there. We did 28m and I'm sure with a debuffer cw we can drop it to 20-22 but by no means am I making this a class competition or a dungeon race.

I'm pretty sure others maybe able to do it faster (but by how much?) but as we say in my guild, we leave no one behind. All classes can do well and run any content if you give them a chance to build and learn the "tricks" to do better and to do that, we should include every class in runs.

Focus on making better players, not better classes.

Some technicals for the run: Pally tank, SW Temploc, GWF and 2 cw dps, Item lvl from 13.2k to 15.3k Our power share was always on at 143k as you can see in the picture. We had a couple of deaths thanks to lag and... being crazy on pulls :P. Debuff was at 240%. We didn't skip any mobs or do campfire runs. (maybe we forgot some on the left side)

PS
    @isaintify1 One of the most smooth and fun runs in fbi was with a healadin and sw temploc. Tank didn't need to use shield almost at all (to his surprise) and the run lasted 25 more or less, Even if it was longer, who cares!! Anytime you want a run hit me up :)

Again not trying to make this into a class war, and I really wont appreciate or even answer to anyone that will. Just want to pass the message that play whatever you feel like, try to become a good player, and think for yourselves.

Voodoo
    MoF debuffer.
    Post edited by oria1 on