test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New on TR...

tetesptetesp Member Posts: 28 Arc User
I have one DC at lvl +55 but my damage is ridiculous. Still with the damage tree i do low damage. So now im going to try a new dd class,im between rogue, guardian fighter (already test in the past until lvl 20) and wizard. The most funny is the rogue , but the most effective tested atm its the GF, the most difficult its the wizard for me. The TR is the class im trying now (orc TR towards infiltrator) and i like how hits. So now i need comments about all i need to know about TR. What stats i need to have and so... thanks in advance.

Comments

• blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1229772/trickster-rogue-class-balance-suggestions/p1
    This should help you more. TR is not a preferred class when it comes to anything at the moment, other classes perform better with less investment and less knowledge.
  • tetesptetesp Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    blur#5900 said:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1229772/trickster-rogue-class-balance-suggestions/p1
    This should help you more. TR is not a preferred class when it comes to anything at the moment, other classes perform better with less investment and less knowledge.

Do u recommend me try the CW instead rogue??? Because im lvl 10 with the rogue act. Last time i had tryed the CW , i die over and over, even at low lvls... srry 4 my english btw.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    tetesp said:

I have one DC at lvl +55 but my damage is ridiculous. Still with the damage tree i do low damage. So now im going to try a new dd class,im between rogue, guardian fighter (already test in the past until lvl 20) and wizard. The most funny is the rogue , but the most effective tested atm its the GF, the most difficult its the wizard for me. The TR is the class im trying now (orc TR towards infiltrator) and i like how hits. So now i need comments about all i need to know about TR. What stats i need to have and so... thanks in advance.

Can't say much about TR that Blur hasn't said, but... Guardian Fighter is ... not technically a damage class.

If you try doing damage and defending as a fresh level 70, you're going to have a bad time. You need a lot of gear to be able to defend and deal damage as a GF.

You also need to understand how the GF works in order to make the most out of your DPS, because a lot of what the DPS GF does won't make sense until you understand how a pure defensive GF works.

rjc9000 said:

tetesp said:

Can't say much about TR that Blur hasn't said, but... Guardian Fighter is ... not technically a damage class.

If you try doing damage and defending as a fresh level 70, you're going to have a bad time. You need a lot of gear to be able to defend and deal damage as a GF.

You also need to understand how the GF works in order to make the most out of your DPS, because a lot of what the DPS GF does won't make sense until you understand how a pure defensive GF works.
    Well,i only tryed GF until lvl 20, the first dungeon with PUGs i usually did the most damage with GF at the final score, with a TR and SW at my side. I find too easy the class.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    TR with skill is great fun and easy to solo until endgame when lack of sustained AOE damage slows you down. Still viable and mostly fun but expect to have your patience tried. The endgame is not balanced for squishy melee classes.

GF in general becomes a pain around level 30 and this lasts until you get up into the Conqueror tree, assuming you go that route, and with loadouts you should for dailies.

CW is rough until around level 30 because of limited spell choices. After that, and with some skill, it is one of the 2 easiest* classes to run solo and rivals TR for most fun (IMO obviously)

*The other easy class is GWF but I don't find it as much fun, ar least not in the current game.

-----

As for TR, STR and DEX are primary stats for common builds. While leveling, go for armor pen and power. Your crit chance is going to stink regardless and raw damage is better. After you get to 70, this will change.

Leveling, your best defensive stat is Hit Points. You won't be able to stack enough of anything else to make a difference. Life steal is good, but not reliable at this stage. Same with deflect. Your best defense is not getting hit. Focus on hit and run tactics.

Deft strike is a power you will likely forget about later, but early on it a cheap dodge against melee attacks that would squish you. Dazing strike is a power you can keep forever. Lashing Blade and Blitz are two more early powers that are good to master.

Hate to say this, but go Master Infiltrator for paragon. It is important later, but leveling will be easier with Impossible to Catch. Ignore Gloaming Cut through. Sly Flourish and Cloud of Steel will be your at wills until max level or in boss fights.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    tetesp said:

rjc9000 said:

tetesp said:

Well,i only tryed GF until lvl 20, the first dungeon with PUGs i usually did the most damage with GF at the final score, with a TR and SW at my side. I find too easy the class.
    Don't trust your performance at low levels to be representative of your class.

Some classes don't have access to their best tools at low levels (GWFs don't have their damage stacks, SWs don't have any of their cool abilities, CW doesn't have any of their abilities, etc).

The game is kind of a snooze at levels 1-60, and then once you hit level 61/62, the difficulty starts to increase.

pitshade said:

TR with skill is great fun and easy to solo until endgame when lack of sustained AOE damage slows you down. Still viable and mostly fun but expect to have your patience tried. The endgame is not balanced for squishy melee classes.

GF in general becomes a pain around level 30 and this lasts until you get up into the Conqueror tree, assuming you go that route, and with loadouts you should for dailies.

CW is rough until around level 30 because of limited spell choices. After that, and with some skill, it is one of the 2 easiest* classes to run solo and rivals TR for most fun (IMO obviously)

*The other easy class is GWF but I don't find it as much fun, ar least not in the current game.

-----

As for TR, STR and DEX are primary stats for common builds. While leveling, go for armor pen and power. Your crit chance is going to stink regardless and raw damage is better. After you get to 70, this will change.

Leveling, your best defensive stat is Hit Points. You won't be able to stack enough of anything else to make a difference. Life steal is good, but not reliable at this stage. Same with deflect. Your best defense is not getting hit. Focus on hit and run tactics.

Deft strike is a power you will likely forget about later, but early on it a cheap dodge against melee attacks that would squish you. Dazing strike is a power you can keep forever. Lashing Blade and Blitz are two more early powers that are good to master.

Hate to say this, but go Master Infiltrator for paragon. It is important later, but leveling will be easier with Impossible to Catch. Ignore Gloaming Cut through. Sly Flourish and Cloud of Steel will be your at wills until max level or in boss fights.

Ah , finally anyone talking clearly. My thoughts after check parangon is to play infiltrator,cus i read skills descriptions and i like more than the other path. About GF, what does conqueror??? More damage or so???
    edited May 2017
    For TR melee pet > ranged (including healer)

You WILL lose aggro to any pet you have so you want one that facetanks and not kites. This is especially true of healer pets who will make mobs chase them and grab aggro as fast as a defender.

A defender pet will give you more survivability but will also hinder your learning experience in avoiding attacks. Up to you whether to go with defender or striker.
    pitshade said:

For TR melee pet > ranged (including healer)

You WILL lose aggro to any pet you have so you want one that facetanks and not kites. This is especially true of healer pets who will make mobs chase them and grab aggro as fast as a defender.

A defender pet will give you more survivability but will also hinder your learning experience in avoiding attacks. Up to you whether to go with defender or striker.

Well i always liked the dog, for my DC works fine, a dd like TR with a dd pet should be fatal to enemyes isnt it??? Btw i want to earn credits for evolve my pets, my DC have the dog unevolved cus i dont know how to earn more, i have 14000 of 50000 in lvl 57 with the DC. So???

rjc9000 said:

tetesp said:

rjc9000 said:

tetesp said:

Don't trust your performance at low levels to be representative of your class.

Some classes don't have access to their best tools at low levels (GWFs don't have their damage stacks, SWs don't have any of their cool abilities, CW doesn't have any of their abilities, etc).

The game is kind of a snooze at levels 1-60, and then once you hit level 61/62, the difficulty starts to increase.
    More difficulty past lvl 60??? I find difficult my DC at lvl 57 already, my dog pet saves the day every time cus my damage, still with the damage tree learned at full , is low.
    The best way to upgrade a pet is to save up AD rather than opening boxes for the tokens.

Also, rjc is a bit of a prodigy. His concept of difficulty is a bit different than that of a new player.
    pitshade said:

The best way to upgrade a pet is to save up AD rather than opening boxes for the tokens.

Also, rjc is a bit of a prodigy. His concept of difficulty is a bit different than that of a new player.

What is ADs and how to get it???
    AD is short for Astral Diamonds, the currency used for the Auction House and most in game services. Best way to get them before level 70 is to run dungeons.
    pitshade said:

AD is short for Astral Diamonds, the currency used for the Auction House and most in game services. Best way to get them before level 70 is to run dungeons.

Ah ok,thats the cause i have 14000. Thanks for all the help mate.
  • blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    Getting to level 70 is just the beginning. I suggest to wait with upgrading companions because its not cheap and you dont have the best companions, dont waste your ADs.
    pitshade said:

I wish my skill at calculus rivaled my skill of my GF.

And my concept of difficulty isn't "that" far off, as if I thought everything was easy, I'd main a TR and SW, do naked runs, and run Touhou Lunatic 1cc runs on a daily basis.