test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

HIGH LIFESTEAL GUARDIAN FIGHTER

odinguard#3346 odinguard Member Posts: 29 Arc User
After looking at the GF Booster Pack in the trade House. I noticed the companion that is given to a Guardian Fighter is the Werewolf companion. It gives + 5% Lifesteal severity( 5% On Rare level and Probably 10% on Epic ).
There is also the bear cub that gives the following: On Damage Taken 10% chance to become Outraged, increasing Life Steal Severity by 25% for the next 6 seconds. This affect may only occur once every 30 Seconds. There might be other companions that increases lifesteal chance and lifesteal severity ( please let me know if you know of any)

Now the actual questions:

Is a high life steal GF build with the normal 80% damage resistance viable ?

How does the GF lifesteal severity rank compared to other classes.

Has anyone ever tried a high lifesteal GF build.

Will be looking forward to hearing from anyone regarding this.

Comments

• remfdtremfdt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    I didn't deliberately set out to run high lifesteal, but ended up that way- I'll post details later when I can log in to check exact numbers (seem to remember around 30% chance, 85% severity, but I could be way off...). The SH boon can add a ton if you don't need the defense one instead. Again, I'll try to post some real #'s later.

If you can manage to meet the other must-haves (damage resist, resist ignored, etc.), it does do good things for your general survivability vs trash and packs, but doesn't help at all for "big hits" from places like msva or orcus. A well-timed ET vs. a big pack of mobs is basically the same as popping FR, for instance. It's nothing like the Mod 6 godmode ConqLifeSteal days, but (for me at least) it's great for regular dungeon runs and dailys. Never need any heal pots or FR, etc.
    Post edited by remfdt on
  • remfdtremfdt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 83 Arc User
    Sorry for delay, long day... so, was wrong on both numbers... ~24% chance, 116% severity (238 when the greater everfrost clothes proc...). Ridiculously high power helps a lot (135k+ w/bonding in the right group in full tank gear) too. I guess I wouldn't spec for it at the expense of RI/DR, and it certainly isn't min/max optimal, but it's not terribad.

I've got a free respec slot, maybe I'll do a full on power/LS build later this week... I'll grab some logs and see what ACT thinks, if it seems reasonable I'll post details.
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    LIfe steal is great for GF's like for most (if not all classes).

I have no idea what LS or severity my char has (lol) but I constantly see heals coming and that what counts.

It's up to you how will you build your char. Higher LS benefits DPS GF's more since they do a lot more damage than their tanky counterparts.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • jiubiizeekkjiubiizeekk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Try high lifesteal with the bear cub and p/t lightning :) it works amazing. its also worth using "Guarded assault" Just keep the shield up and you heal constantly.

Edit:
    You can also survive 1 shots this way without having to be Sword master for the feat that makes you immortal.