test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Shroud of Souls Preview Patch Notes: NW.80.20170417a.12 (Updated May 17)

2»

Comments

• Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    kemi1984 said:

"The Dungeon Chest changes introduced in a previous module are now reinstated"

Does it mean we can (again) decline the rewards from the chests ?

Exactly the opposite. Some chests had reverted to giving you the accept or decline option that allowed you to choose to not waste your key after getting a look at the contents which nearly everyone prefers but the Devs deemed to be a bug. Clearly, they have now tracked down the cause of this and set everything back to the no choice option.

• Options
    terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    vida44 said:

No Insignia donation fix yet :open_mouth:

I've been keeping the focus of these builds a little tighter than I'd like. The build planned for next week should have the fix, though Murphy's Law dictates that since I projected a date, something will probably go awry and delay it.
  • Options
    bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    @terramak
    It's been 15 days.. Do you guys feel like you're any closer to fixing the problem with device removed errors or do you forsee this problem being persistent for a while longer?

Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• Options
    We're closer by virtue of eliminating possibilities, but the possibility space is still pretty large at the moment. We have team members looking into this, but desires for a fast fix aside, I have no estimate for completion.

Once this build goes live and more people run into the crashes with improved logging, our team will hopefully be able to find a common thread. Our attempts to reproduce the issue internally are still unsuccessful (I've personally tried two machines with integrated Intel cards and haven't been able to get it to crash, though I did find a permanent stall on loading into full screen mode).

Over-contextualizing aside: 15 days is 15 days too many, but this may persist longer. I expect to ship a new build every week until this is fixed (though plans may change), and I've asked the people heading this up to notify me ASAP when more potential fixes or logging are implemented so I can get them in a build and onto the Preview shard ASAP.
  • Options
    @terramak
    Thanks for the heads up! I'll continue to try to log in daily just to collect my VIP key while I save for a different system. My luck by the time you guys fix it I'll have saved enough to get a different computer ;) LMAO
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --

• Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    qexotic said:

kemi1984 said:

Exactly the opposite. Some chests had reverted to giving you the accept or decline option that allowed you to choose to not waste your key after getting a look at the contents which nearly everyone prefers but the Devs deemed to be a bug. Clearly, they have now tracked down the cause of this and set everything back to the no choice option.

Uhm sorry I do not understand.

It's quite clearly stated that the changes made in previous module are now reinstated.

Previous module - we had an option to peek in and decline (it was called a bug which is obviously stupid and not true).
    So, above paragraph - as I understand it - says that we will have the option to decline the loot available again ?

@terramak can you please clarify ?

Thank you.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    kemi1984 said:

qexotic said:

kemi1984 said:

Uhm sorry I do not understand.

It's quite clearly stated that the changes made in previous module are now reinstated.

Previous module - we had an option to peek in and decline (it was called a bug which is obviously stupid and not true).
    So, above paragraph - as I understand it - says that we will have the option to decline the loot available again ?

@terramak can you please clarify ?

Thank you.
    The change referred to by @terramak was the one where they removed the option to accept or decline the contents of the chest. Several people have reported that some dungeon chests have reverted to the pre-change state where you could accept or decline the contents. The latest fix will once again remove this option from all chests in the game. I do not see why you have a problem understanding this.

• Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    it's clear now :D

Thanks
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    I don't have the "Device removed" issue myself, but I'm wondering - some people claim you can bypass the issue by disabling shadows entirely. Any truth to that ?
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    adinosii said:

I don't have the "Device removed" issue myself, but I'm wondering - some people claim you can bypass the issue by disabling shadows entirely. Any truth to that ?

I've tried. Nothing is working for me at the moment. I load the game and it's up to random chance if I get to claim my VIP key before I have a crash or if I can say hello in guild chat for a few minutes then crash when I try to move.

--

• Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User

adinosii said:

I've tried. Nothing is working for me at the moment. I load the game and it's up to random chance if I get to claim my VIP key before I have a crash or if I can say hello in guild chat for a few minutes then crash when I try to move.

Windowed mode or Full screen? just taking a wild guess since I had some problems previously (nothing related to this issue) when it was in "Full SCreen" mode.
  • Options
    vida44 said:

adinosii said:

Windowed mode or Full screen? just taking a wild guess since I had some problems previously (nothing related to this issue) when it was in "Full SCreen" mode.
    Full screen, Windowed, safe mode, regular, proxy, non proxy, every different slider- I've tried everything I can think to try. No shadows, no details~ I had no issue before May 2nd playing and I never crashed. :(

I spent around 6 hours the first day crashing repeatedly trying different things and I don't even know how many hours since.
    --

• Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited May 2017

vida44 said:

adinosii said:

Full screen, Windowed, safe mode, regular, proxy, non proxy, every different slider- I've tried everything I can think to try. No shadows, no details~ I had no issue before May 2nd playing and I never crashed. :(

I spent around 6 hours the first day crashing repeatedly trying different things and I don't even know how many hours since.
    My prayers are with you. Gonna sacrifice a goat to the powers above ( @terramak accept this sacrifice and resolve this mam's problems).

Build .2 of this post:
    - N turned into an M to better reflect gender.
    Post edited by vida44 on
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    vida44 said:

My prayers are with you. Gonna sacrifice a goat to the powers above ( @terramak accept this sacrifice and resolve this man's problems).

Rel is female but I'm sure she appreciates the prayers ;)

I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    silence1x said:

vida44 said:

My prayers are with you. Gonna sacrifice a goat to the powers above ( @terramak accept this sacrifice and resolve this man's problems).

Rel is female but I'm sure she appreciates the prayers ;)

I'm a practical kinda Lady. I'll take whatever help I can get. LMAO
    --

• Options
    I don't think I've tried goat before, but I do like gyros.

New build on Preview, closing this thread and popping up a new one. Still no definite fix for our good old friend Device Removed.
This discussion has been closed.