test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please remove "daily & weekly" quests from campaigns.

Please get rid of the "daily & weekly quests restrictions". I know this has been said numerous times by other users. Personally, I would like to progress through the campaign(s) at my own pace without interruptions. I don't want to have to wait until the next day or week just to gather more materials needed to progress.

As long as the experience is fun I don't care if I finish a campaign within a week.

Comments

• oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User

As long as the experience is fun I don't care if I finish a campaign within a week.

They do. With no limits, people would complete the campaigns in a day. Nobody would buy campaign completions (though I really think they sell very few anyways)....

They essentially would run out of content in days instead of weeks, and players would be super bored.
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    In addition to what @oldbaldyone and @namelesshero347 said, you would have two completely disjointed packs of players who would be unable to work together:
    The full time gamers who reach the end in one day. And the working adults who finish in 2 months.
    The workers and the gamers couldn't do the same content or help each other.
    The gamers would get bored and leave.
    The workers would have less top-notch gamers to play with and enjoy it less.

I am a worker, but I realize we need both to keep the game healthy.
    So, OP... no, not so much.

Edit:
    "Enjoy it less"=stop buying zen. The workers are the primary paying customer, keeping the lights on.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    I must agree. Leveling zones are much funnier than campaigns, and their questline are more "organic", you really feel a progression doing all those quests, while on campaigns sometimes is just boring questlines and ridiculous content.

The only good part of campaigns is in newer mods [except SKT campaign] you can do your dailies around 15-30 mins each zone. But still is boring HAMSTER hell. What I always wondered is why don't make campaign progression unlocked account-wide? It's insane to do all those campaigns all over again on every new character...
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • xxxhansolxxxxxxhansolxxx Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Why not account-wide ...

Simple : they want to sell campaign completion ...
    > @xxxhansolxxx said:
    > Why not account-wide ...
    >
    > Simple : they want to sell campaign completion ...
    >

Sincerely, I never saw anyone buying that campaign completions...
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User

> @xxxhansolxxx said:

>

>

I know a few ppl, who bought them. I would buy them, if the unlock would be account wide. As it is I have unlocked all campaigns with my main, most of them with 5 other chars and next to none with the rest.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
    asterotg said:

> @xxxhansolxxx said:

>

>

I know a few ppl, who bought them. I would buy them, if the unlock would be account wide. As it is I have unlocked all campaigns with my main, most of them with 5 other chars and next to none with the rest.
    That's a good point. If they don't wanna make campaign account wide, at least make the campaign completion itens from zen store unlock that campaign for entire account. This would make me buy them.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User

They do. With no limits, people would complete the campaigns in a day. Nobody would buy campaign completions (though I really think they sell very few anyways)....

They essentially would run out of content in days instead of weeks, and players would be super bored.
    I bought ToD/WoD 3 times for 3 Sgt. Knox characters. It's that or take months/years to finish the boons.

Dread Ring can be done in Half the time, but Maze Engine has 30 Dailies that can only be done once a day.

Sharandar I just finished on my 6th character during Dbl Sharandar currency weekend but Mod 11b took about 5 hours & done.

Now that Mod 11b is done I have time to work on Masterworks and do stuff to build up my Guild's Stronghold, which is what Mod 11b was about. My alts are backing and filling undone campaigns.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Wait, what? Campaign completion packs are not account wide? At that price?
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,134 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

Wait, what? Campaign completion packs are not account wide? At that price?

No. They are for a character. Not for an account.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.