test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

100% uptime on flurry possible?? combat idea

brick#6890 brick Member Posts: 68 Arc User
Theory crafting here... is there a certain amount of recovery we can get to our cooldowns low enough to have flurry procd at all times in combat?

Using throw cation, thorn strike and some other quick cool down to keep the flurry coming. I'm thinking we would need to get all the encounters under a 9 or 8 second cool down. I don't know what third encounter we could use to do this. Plant growth won't make it, way too long refresh time.

The lightning enchant could help a lot too. But i hear or heard it's getting nerfed soon so idk if we would want that over vorpal.

Comments

• Options
    nirafelosnirafelos Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    Lightning could definitely aid in cooldowns in an AoE scenario, but way less so against a single target (7% cd reduction per hit in AoE, but only 2% on a single target), which is already where Lightning loses to Vorpal. Also, combat in no way needs to optimize its AoE further, and there's no AoE encounters in the game where maintaining 100% flurry uptime is at all necessary beyond the first 10-20s, because after that they're dead.

I am interested in math on flurry uptime via a lower cd power vs Plant Growth -- PG is great but that cd is so long.
  • Options
    davidagaldodavidagaldo Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    haha, not a chance of 100%, the fact we have PD is too much for others to deal with. Sheeesh!

Guild: Spectrum
    .. Teucer (HR) / Maximus Decimus (DC) .. GT: ApexDemon
  • Options
    I bet i can get it to 100% uptime. My hardest problem right now is the third encounter.

Been using mauraders strike, steel breeze and hindering for tests. Gushing on bosses.

Can't decide which is best for trash, most likely hindering.

Open with throw caution (buff lasts 10 second) flurry for 2 secs, thorn strike as flurry for 2, then hindering flurry for 2.

If i can get throw caution and the third encounter under 8 seconds of cool down, ill be able to keep flurry up 100% with throw caution
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    No thorn strike? That's the lowest CD power the HR has now. Plus the utility of thorn ward. Hindering and steel breeze seems more like A gimp to your dps just to use flurry as often as possible. You're losing dps from your actual encounters.
  • Options
    davidagaldodavidagaldo Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Guild: Spectrum
    .. Teucer (HR) / Maximus Decimus (DC) .. GT: ApexDemon
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    I use thornstrike, plantgrowth and gushing, too lazy to change rotations, trash mobs are usually dead after plant, flurry, thorn, flurry, especially if I went in after longstrider.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    it s definitely possible if you stack recovery on your active companion
    look at the new crit/recovery rings

thorn strike, throw caution and gushing wounds should do the trick

if its still not enough, stormstep action and distruptive shot will definitely do it
  • Options
    I can achieve it without. Next goal is to see how fast i can get thorn stroke to recharge
  • Options
    isatis#5087 isatis Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hello, sorry for names of skills, i m french player....
    Helping me flurry more is the skill that help you refresh things when using a daily, using ghost or the fast bow skill.
    3rd skill i use is gushing, steel or the beginner one i forgot name that applies roots on hit cos it s fast cast decent damage and recast.
    With this maxed i can close to no wait on flurry with lightning enchant, didnt try vorpal but we hit fast so i felt skills,petbuff,enchants linked to fast hits may stack well, for now, on ps4, on random groups i always end up being 1 or 2nd dps on what i can hit with 2800 gs.
    Thanks for reading, enjoy the game.
    Ps i never crossed another melee ranger to compair.?? Always legolas or roots...
This discussion has been closed.