test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Combat QOL requests

I have been playing this game since its release on PS4 and the main reason that I was hooked up was the combat system. I think Neverwinter got one of the better combat system amongst the current MMO in the market. I would like to request the following QOL be considered to be added to the game:
1. Have the option for area of effect spells to be activated on single tap. I am currently maining a DC and most of my encounter powers needs a double tap of the button to be executed. For me, this adds an unnecessary clunkiness in the middle of the combat and can sometimes leads to frustration when the second tap does not register causing the spell to miss. Not to mention it adds more stress on the fingers when doing extended session of gaming. I am sure some players like their markers on the ground before spell activation but for people like me who are already familiar with the AOE radius and want to have a more responsive combat experience, a choice to toggle this behaviour on the options menu would be very much appreciated.
2. Have an option for the AOE auto-targetting to aim for the ground instead of the center of mass of the enemy. I would like to use the auto-targetting option but it usually makes my spell miss the target instead of hitting them. The main reason you want the auto-targetting are when the enemies are far where it is difficult to aim your spell at their precise location. But when you are far and aiming for their center of mass, the AOE spell will be activated way off the ground from where the target is standing. The current behaviour of the AOE auto-targeting ends up more of an annoyance than helpful. Another option (and a better implementation i think) is instead of aiming the camera to the ground when auto-aim activates, just let it stay on the enemy's center of mass but have the spell be center casted on the ground where the target is standing. That way there will be less camera jerking between spells and combat will felt more fluid. Again, having this as an option will give players choices which behaviour they like better.
Thank you for reading and hopefully these suggesstions will be considered.
Tagged: