test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stuck on Cryptic Loading Screen

ultimatefgt123ultimatefgt123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 96 Arc User
Since this morning a couple of hours prior to patch I have been unable to load neverwinter, i can get the launcher, but when I go into the game it goes to the cryptic loading screen, completes to about 60% and then hangs / stops responding.

Tried on safe mode
Tried on safe mode and non full screen
Tried safe mode with -d3dEnable 0 on console
Have tried verifying the game files
Have deleted the local content and re-installed game
have deleted both steam and arc games copies and reinstalled

Still no joy, still hangs. Tried both before and after patch.

Have been playing since mod 2 on a laptop with 780m nvidia gpx card with no problem like this before. No recent update or change to my system over night (since it last worked fine)

..Any ideas?

Comments

• svengollysvengolly Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I'm having the same issue since yesterday. I can get the game to load on my laptop, but my laptops specs aren't the best. I've tried uninstall, and reinstalling neverwinter. It clearly isn't uninstalling the majority of the files though, since reinstalling just takes a few minutes. How do you go about uninstalling EVERYTHING. I realize it will take a while to reinstall. Any solutions?
  • ultimatefgt123ultimatefgt123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 96 Arc User
    after deleting all my video card drivers reinstalling and updating those and as well as it being on the third complete uninstall and reinstall of the game, i was able to log in.

you have to make sure you delete all the content from the steamapps folder, deleting using steam only works on the launcher not the full game copy. and then install the game just using the arc client, I was then able to log in, since then i have reinstalled through steam and its working also.