test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

which is pact is better for pve GF swordmaster or iron vanguard

dracula#9357 dracula Member Posts: 26 Arc User
hi all i dont knw which pact to take is iron vanguard or swordmaster i am a solo player i solo all the time except from doing dung run pls need to insight one what feat to choose

Comments

  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    Swordmaster is just better for everything. You get steel defense to make it easier to tank while you're undergeared/lazy and Weapon's Master Strike to make dailies easier.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,350 Arc User
    urabask said:

    Swordmaster is just better for everything. You get steel defense to make it easier to tank while you're undergeared/lazy and Weapon's Master Strike to make dailies easier.

    And you also get Steel Grace, which, when combined with Into the Fray and Gladiator's Guile, you go from one of the slowest classes in the game to one of, if not the fastest.

    Which can be extremely useful for dodging enemy hits or in simply getting from enemy to enemy.

  • dracula#9357 dracula Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    what are the personal skill i should use
  • dracula#9357 dracula Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    and which pact should i take full tactician
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited April 2017

    and which pact should i take full tactician

    If you can tank dungeons while going primarily conqueror it'll make your dailies a lot easier. Doing dailies while tactician is like watching mobs die in slow motion even with rank 12 bondings.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • dracula#9357 dracula Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    ok am just a fresh starter IL 2.6
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,103 Arc User
    now with loadouts, you can have both.

    I have a IV Tact buffer / tank version and now also a SM Conq version.

    my lord, dailies much easier to complete.

  • kydavi#1678 kydavi Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    Uhg, stupid consoles, I want my loadouts...
    kydavi

    Main: Nidara Devilspawn- Ranger
    Alt: Aradin Coldblood- Fighter
    Alt: Lucrezia Vileborn- Warlock
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    After being SM for all the ternity, and lodouts are there - I tried a IV Tact as a TANK type GF.

    Getting used to Threatening Rush, I tried it because I feel I have little use of WMS while tanking. TR helps me with marking and applying Frost debuff + zipping across the battlefield is quite cool !

    It's a WIP project, but I like the results so far.

    I'd say, for a DSP GF - Swordmaster, hands down. For a Tank GF, it's a matter of personal preference.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

    1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • sadus671sadus671 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 203 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

    urabask said:

    Swordmaster is just better for everything. You get steel defense to make it easier to tank while you're undergeared/lazy and Weapon's Master Strike to make dailies easier.

    And you also get Steel Grace, which, when combined with Into the Fray and Gladiator's Guile, you go from one of the slowest classes in the game to one of, if not the fastest.

    Which can be extremely useful for dodging enemy hits or in simply getting from enemy to enemy.
    Personally... Steel Grace is the single best skill out of Swordmaster. It's just a game changer to have that mobility. Being to able to get out fatal situations due to mobility is worth more than anything IV can offer.

    Unfortunately, some of the key skills / feats out of IV... have little use on end game content. If the mob/boss is immune to CC... then Trample does nothing... Front Line Assault has no use... and Threatening Rush only applies to you for an additional debuff. (As the group will only receives the larger debuff (tab mark).. when you get both the 20% & 8%... might have to go back an re-read the debuff thread)

    I actually see IV as more of a PVP Paragon.
    -= Primary Characters =-

    - Forge (GF)
    - Apocalypse - (DC)
    - Sadus (OP)
    - Fireball (GWF)
    - Ixian (CW)

    Thank you Loadouts for allowing my toons to be all the things... they ever wanted to be....

    Member of Ember Legion
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,350 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    sadus671 said:


    Unfortunately, some of the key skills / feats out of IV... have little use on end game content. If the mob/boss is immune to CC... then Trample does nothing.

    Bleh, I need to run tests on Trample, to see if it procs on CC immune targets, and then to see if it works on targets affected by any Control affect, such as CW Chill or HR roots.
    sadus671 said:

    Threatening Rush only applies to you for an additional debuff. (As the group will only receives the larger debuff (tab mark).. when you get both the 20% & 8%... might have to go back an re-read the debuff thread)

    All players will only benefit from the marking effect with the greatest debuff. If a GWF uses Daring Shout on a boss and a GF uses Tab Mark, the GWF gets 20% (from his Daring Shout), the GF get 20% (from his Tab mark), and the rest of the team only gets 8% (both Tab Mark and Daring Shout are 8% for teammates).

    Threatening Rush has a pseduo advantage in the debuff department because it applies an extra non-marking debuff on hit, which
    means that everyone benefits from that debuff (unless the team hit the debuff cap).

  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,350 Arc User
    @sadus671
    I was skeptical at first, but yeah, Trample IS useless on CC immune enemies.

    for the curious or demand proof:

    GF used


    ACT Log:


    Tested on good ol' Baphomet

    If you noticed, I did two Cleave hits to check the "base" damage versus Baphomet.
    Then, after I use Knee Breaker, I hit Cleave 2-3 more times. No change in damage.

    RIP the dream
    (I created an IV build for specific use with Trample and Knee Breaker for bosses).

  • sadus671sadus671 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 203 Arc User
    Thanks for the confirmation test.

    I tested this back when they provided GF's and GWF's each other's Paragon's to each other as second options. (What was that mod 3 or 4?)

    I had figured this hadn't changed, but I wasn't speaking from any recent testing.

    I think the only time I went IV (after SM became available) was when I was trying to help my guild farm PVP for Strongholds.


    -= Primary Characters =-

    - Forge (GF)
    - Apocalypse - (DC)
    - Sadus (OP)
    - Fireball (GWF)
    - Ixian (CW)

    Thank you Loadouts for allowing my toons to be all the things... they ever wanted to be....

    Member of Ember Legion
Sign In or Register to comment.