test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SW broken

zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
The flames of empowerment offhand feat for SW is broken in the sense that it simply does not work. This was tested by many.

Also in general the SW had as many weakening bug fixes (de facto nerfs) as buffs back in mod10.
It feels like the dev who did that scammed us all for the long awaited SW buff then left.
Please don't forget proper SW love <3 </b>

Survival is better but the damage is so mediocre in most cases.
A feat for piercing DoTs, or something would enable competitive damage vs. other players, is desperately needed.
The meta maxed levels of damage or control simply aren't competitive with what other classes can do.

The HR, which received a buff at the same time, achieves both very high survivability and extremely strong piercing damage levels in the same build. The SW can rival the survival but the dmg efficacy comes nowhere even close.

(total damage output and the actual usefulness/effectiveness of that damage are two different matters.. nonpiercing DoT vs burst piercing = no comparison. The latter for HR is perhaps 5x more useful in a player on player context)

@mimicking#6533
@terramak
@asterdahl

Thanks for listening.

Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

Tagged:

Comments

• hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    miguelfdz said:

SW need an actual dmg buff! Or something that make dots and tyranical junp into a near target when the first one is dead, people is always chasing the tyranical enemy to lower the SW area dmg. Most of enemies on dungeons don't even last enough to have the time to curse them with tab. And we got really low single target dmg on bosses.
    Dammnation is completely useless, as the whole soulbinder paragon.
    Pls reduce some casting times as well, I throw a lot of killing flames at the air because somebody else kill it while casting, or at least make it have no CD if you don't deal any dmg.

Now lot of guys here would hate me for that.. Personally I wish that this Tyrannical curse got removed.
    Lot of SW fans overrelay on TC. Without this Daily power don't use anything.. But this power is also reason why SW lot of times got called Overpowered. And also is reason why other powers can't be buffed more..
    Because if other powers got boosted and SW keep TC, it will not be balance. No other class within game have such large AoE dps power which also scale depending on players dmg dealt to cursed target. Also need to remind TC work in same manner as simple curse, thats mean 20% dmg increase....

AS for casting speed, I totally agree, SW should cast spells/curse slightly faster, but also need revise some powers cool down timings..

One of good example is DC, it have 3 slots for encounters, but due divine mode you can cast spells as it you would have 6 slots.

Furry sw dependence on curse also big flaw<. U curse target or kill target and u have big boost for moment.. But non cursed target receive base, non buffed dmg. This dependence on curse is flaw..

Damnation, I still do wonder why Developers keep single soul puppet.. Why not use already developted Shadow wraith(mod 11). which not only hit enemies, but also life draining ability?,.

I mean, Soul Desecration (damnation feat) should replace current soul puppet to 2 shadow wraith..
    HB's Power of nine h3lls need revise too.
    Current Power of nine h3lls need merge with current PoP.
    While new feat(same name whatever) should add augment like sub companion, which provide buffs/debuff/CC effects in fight..
    Now it would not be controlled so effect can't be choosen, it's random, /

Like Chance, boost up own or allies stats for 5s.
    Chance dmg by ~10%
    Chance boost up crit 5s
    Chance def 5s.
    Chance heal -
    On dealing dmg chance to apply debuff to enemies.:
    Chance Dmg reduce 5%.
    Chance DR reduce 5%
    Or apply CC.
    Chance stun,
    Chance Fear/horro(mod 12 cc mechanic). (boss class monsters ignore CC effects).

There is ways to fix.. Yet firstly need that devs come to warlock forum, and talk with use about possible fixes. Thats mean before starting doing, we need think about possible ways. rather doing and latter thinking what the heck happened.
    Post edited by hadestemplar#9918 on
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    > @miguelfdz said:
    > SW need an actual dmg buff! Or something that make dots and tyranical junp into a near target when the first one is dead, people is always chasing the tyranical enemy to lower the SW area dmg. Most of enemies on dungeons don't even last enough to have the time to curse them with tab. And we got really low single target dmg on bosses.
    > Dammnation is completely useless, as the whole soulbinder paragon.
    > Pls reduce some casting times as well, I throw a lot of killing flames at the air because somebody else kill it while casting, or at least make it have no CD if you don't deal any dmg.

Yep SW needs some love from the devs. A we are lacking behind quite abit both in aoe and singletarget.

O would like love to get tab TC back. And a rework to classfeatures so they actually boost our dps.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Tc, hadar crasp killing flames help on spread a good a amount of damage, i am still working on getting hadar grasp cd lower so it can be used more often,

about the curse, all cosuming curse can help if u have a good crit chance, lesser curse or warlock curse work the same, but i noticed the warlock curse seems to do no damage the target like tool tip says