test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Miscellaneous Questions

maatmonsmaatmons Member Posts: 58 Arc User
Is it possible to have the same mount bonus twice? For example, if I had two mounts providing Warlord's Inspiration (+20% companion damage), would that yield any more damage than just one? Or, if I had two mounts with Wanderer's Fortune (4% chance to find refining stone when killing a foe), would my odds of finding a refining stone increase?

If two mount bonuses are the same except for numbers, do they both take effect independently? For example, Vampire's Craving would give me a heal over time when I use Lifesteal. Vampire's Thirst would also give me a heal over time when I use Lifesteal. If I had both, and performed a Lifesteal, would both trigger, and take effect independently?

The target I've applied my mark to Most recently is considered my Mark Focus. How does this interact with effects that apply Mark to multiple targets simultaneously?

If there are two Guardian Fighters in a group, and they both Mark the same target, do the Marks stack? I mean, I assume each player gains the benefit of extra threat versus that target. But what about the debuffs inherent to Mark? What about the debuffs that can be added to mark with feats?

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    Yes, you can stack multiple of the same insignia, but each sucessive insignia is only worth 1/4th of the original insignia's value. Personally, I wouldn't pick Vampire's Craving, as I've had good success with Champion's Return and Victim's Preservation.

Yes, the "weaker" version of an insignia works at the same time. This is why many builds suggest stacking Protectors Camraderie and Friendship.

The Mark Focus has the distinction of never falling off, despite how/when the enemy hits you. Every other of the GF's marks will fall off if an enemy hits you when you aren't shielding. The Mark Focus only expires if the duration runs out. Otherwise, it gives the Tab Mark's usual 20% DR debuff for self/8% DR debuff for teammates.

I suspect the focus also generates extra aggro on yoru attacks, but, tbh, as a GF, you either have aggro or don't, which makes testing this superfluous (and it's just a major pain to test).

No, the mark debuffs don't stack. To put it in simplest terms, each player only gets the benefit of the greatest marking debuff. So, if say a GWF applies Daring Shout and a GF applies Enforced Threat to a target, the GWF recieves the 20% debuff from Daring Shout, but the GF and the rest of the team only benefit from the 8% marking debuff.

In your specific example, if both GFs apply Tab mark to a target, both GFs recieve the 20% DR debuff from applying their own Tab Mark, but the team only gets the 8% debuff.

• maatmonsmaatmons Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

The Mark Focus has the distinction of never falling off, despite how/when the enemy hits you. Every other of the GF's marks will fall off if an enemy hits you when you aren't shielding. The Mark Focus only expires if the duration runs out.

What I mean is, if I use Threatening Rush, and Mark two or more enemies as a result of that single power activation, which one is considered “most recent” for purposes of determining my Mark Focus? All the enemies who got Marked from that one use of Threatening Rush should tie for “most recent,” so how does the game decide?
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    The "most recently marked" thing is only based off your Tab Mark. It doesn't care about Rush or Enforced Threat.

It's a bit weird, but I'm not complaining.

I would get a gif to show you (since it's best explained in a picture), but I'm afraid I'm a bit behind in figuring out how to create gifs like my pal Kolatmaster showed me.