What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Feature quality of life changes

2»

Comments

• Options
    trinity706#8838 trinity706 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    Keeping up with additional characters comes with the territory, a number of players complain about the amount of time they have to play so they wouldn't be making "much" progress on additional characters anyway for the most part.

Can see lowering some task costs and even some campaign currency being shared (other than the rare/more limited ones, maybe allow more account shared currency as content becomes replaced with newer content) but account wide completion/currency sharing of current content where the additional characters don't have to do anything at all, no thanks. Players should still bear a good portion of responsibility for choosing to run multiple characters. .

Campaigns being made longer is welcomed by a number of players on this end, in part because it helps keep leeching players out of content, at least for some time and it gives something to work on over time instead of running it for a while and being "done". There are a number of players that can't run SKT content because they haven't/don't work on the campaign, same thing with River District, dungeons are locked behind campaign progression/completion.

ALL Rights Reserved for any and all suggestions, ideas, etc. from this user.

“There are changes that can be made that don’t require coding...” - TriNitY
    "No amount of coding will change human behavior" - TriNitY

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

Suggestions: (Implemented) \/\/ Rearrange Character on character Select Screen
  • Options
    pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    I too have the customary 8 class characters (plus some extras, some of whom will be obsoleted with loadouts), but 6 of my 8 are only caught up through Mod 9. Like others have said, I have my primary (CW) and a secondary (DC) that I have kept up with, but I have a hard time imagining playing any of my other alts ever again at this rate.

As for sharing campaign progress/boons account-wide, I think that may be a bit too much. A middle ground that I would be quite happy with is making all campaign *currencies* account bound, or better yet just a universal, account-wide pool (with appropriately higher capacities. 10x?).

In my opinion, the most alt friendly mod so far was Underdark. My alts had been behind before Mod 8 too, but with the demonic HEs speeding up previous campaign progression, I felt encouraged to get caught up. Mod 8 was very alt-friendly in other ways too. Unlocking Demogorgon was account-based, as others have mentioned, but the Underdark rings were terrific too. I managed to get some choice +4s (for which I feel lucky, I don't even care about +5s, given the RNG), so I can throw some of my best enchants in them and toss them from character to character. Good, account-bound gear is great for alt-friendliness!

Now I don't think everything should be account-bound, like artifacts, and some are impractical, like class specific weapons and armor. I think a good additional space for BtA gear though would be necks and belts. Not necessarily artifact gear (which would be ok-ish), but just regular gear with stats and 2 non-utility slots (like crafted rings), and no UD ring funny-business.

Companions is another place with good space for alt-friendliness. Bondings are already pretty alt-friendly (just need regulars to get started), but companions are limited to BtC gear since the UD rings don't proc anymore. It would be nice to have gear we can shuffle around for companions from alt to alt. Since the new IG companion gear is somewhat awful, it would have been a nice gesture if they were at least BtA, or are retro-actively made so.

• Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    pterias said:

I too have the customary 8 class characters (plus some extras, some of whom will be obsoleted with loadouts), but 6 of my 8 are only caught up through Mod 9. Like others have said, I have my primary (CW) and a secondary (DC) that I have kept up with, but I have a hard time imagining playing any of my other alts ever again at this rate.

As for sharing campaign progress/boons account-wide, I think that may be a bit too much. A middle ground that I would be quite happy with is making all campaign *currencies* account bound, or better yet just a universal, account-wide pool (with appropriately higher capacities. 10x?).

In my opinion, the most alt friendly mod so far was Underdark. My alts had been behind before Mod 8 too, but with the demonic HEs speeding up previous campaign progression, I felt encouraged to get caught up. Mod 8 was very alt-friendly in other ways too. Unlocking Demogorgon was account-based, as others have mentioned, but the Underdark rings were terrific too. I managed to get some choice +4s (for which I feel lucky, I don't even care about +5s, given the RNG), so I can throw some of my best enchants in them and toss them from character to character. Good, account-bound gear is great for alt-friendliness!

Now I don't think everything should be account-bound, like artifacts, and some are impractical, like class specific weapons and armor. I think a good additional space for BtA gear though would be necks and belts. Not necessarily artifact gear (which would be ok-ish), but just regular gear with stats and 2 non-utility slots (like crafted rings), and no UD ring funny-business.

Companions is another place with good space for alt-friendliness. Bondings are already pretty alt-friendly (just need regulars to get started), but companions are limited to BtC gear since the UD rings don't proc anymore. It would be nice to have gear we can shuffle around for companions from alt to alt. Since the new IG companion gear is somewhat awful, it would have been a nice gesture if they were at least BtA, or are retro-actively made so.

another thing i dont understand is why older quality of life changes get reverted with the following mod.
    for example i could buy gear for my TR thanks to my HR during underdark. It was one of their selling point for that mod. They highlighted that quality of life change as something players asked for and they were finally willing to please us.
    yet, i cant now buy mod 11 weapon for my TR from my same HR.

• Options
    blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    Small thing which would also improve the experience - Players who have 124+ power points could really use a button which fills all Powers automatically. Clicking it manually each time we respec is boring part of respec.
  • Options
    Then again if campaign currency is transferable that means players will more than likely use multiple character to try and rush content, no thanks LOL

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

• Options
    pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User

Then again if campaign currency is transferable that means players will more than likely use multiple character to try and rush content, no thanks LOL

That is true. There is a lot of time gating involved with campaigns. What if all past campaign currencies become unbound once a new campaign begins? That way, alts will have an easier time with hand-me-downs from past campaigns, but new campaigns will have to be ground out as normal. Then, if someone wants to skip a mod so they can grind it out quicker for 1-2 characters using alts, that's not really a problem since they'll always be a mod behind on their main(s).
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    pterias said:

That is true. There is a lot of time gating involved with campaigns. What if all past campaign currencies become unbound once a new campaign begins?
    Make it two expansions starting from Storm King's Thunder and you got yourself a deal.

The thing is players make time for what they want to do and more often than not players run the new content then farm dungeons, etc., and things other than running their other character(s), which is fine, yet then some complain about not having time to run additional characters, this is where the disparity comes in.

MMO's should have a considerable amount of content for players to immerse themselves in, though players will still single out the content they like and often turn a blind eye towards the rest. Some players don't want to accept that they won't be able to do everything each play session, variety can be a positive thing.

People can play how they want, making things easier is not going to hurt anybody. I see that some people want to make things easier on themselves, but not others.

They sure can play how they want and if they have additional characters they can run content on them as well sometimes instead of always farming dungeons for the most part. Players often make their bed but don't want to sleep in it. LoL

It's not necessarily about hurting anybody, some players don't agree with changing something they did before/currently that took actual effort to do (run multiple characters, help build a Guild, etc.) to an "easy street" version, for some players, things like that would undermine the effort that they put in to reach a desired result(s) before the change(s).