test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

level 73 monsters and piercing blade (HR feat)

rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Split Strike deals 16782 Physical Damage to Archer.

[Combat (Self)] Your Piercing Blade deals 6293 Physical Damage to Archer.

Archer is a lv 73 monster in river district

explanation
:
Level 73 monsters mitigate damage by 0.75%. So, the damage the initial hit does in reality was 1/0.75*16782 which then got mitigated down to 16782. Half of 16782 = 8391. 8391*0.75 = 6293. This is a bug though since piercing blades (which is supposed to be piercing damage) is mitigated twice (not once) by level 73 monster mitigation.
That's a good 15% dps loss for combat HR in end game contents.

@terramak

credit: thanks @thefabricant for the math

Comments

• sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 434 Arc User
    Indeed, good catch. Now wait 2 years and a half for the fix :D:'(
  • oria1oria1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    If I'm not mistaken it's the Level difference cap and not a mitigation issue. Try this, make a lvl 10 char and attack lvl 20 mobs, you do almost no damage even if you use R12s. The Level cap used to be ± 10 lvls and at mod 6 it changed to ±3 (which is why we all seem to have less damage at Lvl 73 mobs). At level 75 mobs we do 10% dmg or so (remember few modules ago the "broken" Master of the Hunt that no one was dealing damage? that was the reason!!) I'll retest again and get back to you.

Voodoo
    MoF Debuffer.

• thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    oria1 said:

If I'm not mistaken it's the Level difference cap and not a mitigation issue. Try this, make a lvl 10 char and attack lvl 20 mobs, you do almost no damage even if you use R12s. The Level cap used to be ± 10 lvls and at mod 6 it changed to ±3 (which is why we all seem to have less damage at Lvl 73 mobs). At level 75 mobs we do 10% dmg or so (remember few modules ago the "broken" Master of the Hunt that no one was dealing damage? that was the reason!!) I'll retest again and get back to you.

Voodoo
    MoF Debuffer.

The issue is that the level difference mitigation is applied twice to piercing blades and not once.
  • oria1oria1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 263 Arc User

oria1 said:

Voodoo
    MoF Debuffer.

The issue is that the level difference mitigation is applied twice to piercing blades and not once.
    I forgot to add the (which is supposed to be piercing damage) in a quote and I meant to say that the fact that its piercing type has nothing to do with this, since its a reduction and not defense or DR mitigation.

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    oria1 said:

oria1 said:

Voodoo
    MoF Debuffer.

I forgot to add the (which is supposed to be piercing damage) in a quote and I meant to say that the fact that its piercing type has nothing to do with this, since its a reduction and not defense or DR mitigation.
    with that sentence i meant the following: a reduction is ok for the base attack, after that the following proc should it for full damage regardless my armor pen.
    the enemy being lv 73 should not affect piercing blade damage value