test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

patching issues

lymxlymx Member Posts: 4 Arc User
Hi guys,

I've just downloaded and been trying to patch the client but it keeps getting stuck. I've tried restarting my computer, running from adminstrator but to no avail.

I've checked the files with (Ctrl + x) on launcher and found that 3 event texture models have been causing this problem.

Is there anyway to fix this? i've been trying every possible way but can't seem to get the launcher to fully patch the game.

Answers

• lymxlymx Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    texture_library/costumes/avatars/animals/dragon/m_dragon_blue_body_01_D.wtex;
    texture_library/costumes/avatars/animals/dracolich/c_dracolich_flesh_01_D.htex;
    texture_library/environment/1_genericprops/seasonal/winter_event/winter_event_sled_01_d.htex

these are the paths that doesnt complete the patch, jumping between wait_fileinfo and req_data.

can someone please fix this. it's really fustrating

this problem has been around for ages and yet to be fixed. what the hell are the mods doing
    Post edited by lymx on
  • lymxlymx Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Obviously i've searched the web and patching problems have been around for some years now, not that 45mins. I've tried all ways, reinstalling, deleting .hogg files, verifying etc but it still ends up being stuck at 99%.

this is from the log .txt file in Neverwinter_en folder:

"170410 12:31:11 7131 [1]: transfer failed, trying again for texture_library/environment/1_GenericProps/Seasonal/Winter_Event/Winter_Event_Sled_01_D.htex (retry 2187, compressed)
    170410 12:31:11 7132 [1]: transfer failed, trying again for texture_library/costumes/Avatars/Animals/Dracolich/C_Dracolich_Flesh_01_D.htex (retry 2539, compressed)
    170410 12:31:12 7133 [1]: transfer failed, trying again for texture_library/costumes/Avatars/Animals/Dragon/M_Dragon_Blue_Body_01_D.wtex (retry 2203, compressed)"

and it goes on and on retrying and retrying.
  • litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    If it always fails at the very end, I would look at the following:
    RAM issues (bad location/chip)
    HDD issues (swap file too small, bad sectors, clear ALL temp dirs)
    Permissions issues (download bars almost always say 99% when file is downloaded, but save 100% for verification/changing files attributes/etc).

And to echo @magenubbie , mods don't handle this. And if you meant devs, they don't either. Try support, and try it without the "what the hell are the xxxx doing" attitude. You might get assistance.