test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestion: option to turn off armor enchant gfx when not in PVP

donnythdonnyth Member Posts: 122 Arc User
Pretty straightforward. Not everyone likes the overwhelming graphics of the armor enchants especially if they go through all the trouble of transmuting. I suggest an option to turn it off. PVP would ofc require that it be turned on.
Secrets of the Ring ID: nw-dt25qalqy

Comments

• Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Yeah a few too many things are OVERDONE ON GRAPHICAL FX seems CRYPTIC knows how to make bigger & 'brighter' blasts but 'sometimes' it gets overdone.

Sure I like bumps, knocks, roots, crushes, sure even freeze, but even those don't need to be as huge ice blocks... it's actually funny when a stags fully encased in a massive block of ice is still bucking like a bronco like it's not even frozen. :)

Surely more FX can be a little more subtle to far greater effect. Star Trek Online went down the same path with the Temporal Specialization and I got tired of seeing all the disco ball effects blasting everywhere and in every color. I'll admit some powers are very well done striking the right balance, but others can at times well just be completely overdone especially...

Doing a major HE like the Ship in River its often far too busy like someone just EXPLODED A PAINT FACTORY WITH NUKES it be far nicer more subtle use of colors were used to enhance the fight scenes along with the FX .

I see they made Red zones almost a dark blood red now and while some look OK when you an enemy goes to explode it paints the ground completely blood red you barely see any of the underlying textures. Perhaps they did this because some spoke of being unable to see red area's when wizard's use Icy Terrain, but did rather than respond with one completely overdone effect with another... why not just lighten the color of the ice so you can see the red a little more clearly rather than making it the red dark and sinister?

Clean it up a bit: in some cases a lot. Who ever said less is more was right. Don't want to wear sunglasses just to play the game. B)
    Post edited by strathkin on