test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Assault on Svardborg is way too hard

I just cracked 3k and my damage is pretty good. I'm in a large alliance with many, many 4k+ players. I've run nsva 9 times now, each time with what I would consider to be a "dream team" for epics or any other piece of content, and yet I've failed 8 of those 9 times. This is with us spending time before each run discussing strategy and trying to improve on previous runs. You set the minimum item leve at 2.8k yet a group with an average of 3.5k can't pass it?

What do I suggest? Add at LEAST 5 minutes to the timer, if not 10. Almost all of those times we've failed we were within a few bars of killing Storvald. An extra minute or two would make it possible. Considering I need 9 more blue marks of each type to upgrade my main and off hands.... I will never be able to at this rate.

Please, please do this. I know it's your custom to ignore most player feedback, because much of it is game-breaking, but the general feeling I'm getting both in and out of guild chat is that this is truly too difficult. If you have a party of all 4kers, sure, go nuts, but most of us haven't either played for 5 years or spent $2500 to get to 4k...

Thanks. Let me know below what you think about nsva. I understand msva doesn't have a timer, but I need to achieve that item level, and the permadeath is annoying.

Comments

• oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    There is more to it than most people think. You need the right classes, right debuffs. Need to have people on the runes. Need to have people move when targeted. Need to have the groups right so the dps gets the buffs and debuffs.

At this point, i wouldnt mind extending the timer so more people can do nsva or reducing the bosses hp. Msva i think should stay.

Personally i dont think i have ever won nsva. I have the relics fully upgraded so obviously ive done msva a ton though.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    Did 6 mSVA in a row, random group 3.3-4 k. 3DC, OP, GF, rest striker
    AA is a non issue, player stood in aoe as before. Noone died , same gameplay as before ...Hollowed ground, Astral Shield, Annoited Army, Devine Glow and the hole Party is at DR cap. No rank 12 dragonhoards needed to get this done with 4k IL. A non issue in a randomgroup with no TS, 80% dropped the aoe in the RAID...lol
    edited March 2017
    Double
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • terrasight#2000 terrasight Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    Done it yesterday 3 times with a group of 2.8-3.3k guild-members. Only 2 4k+ ppl in there for helping (me and a friend). Works fine...IF everyone knows what he is doing. Mechanics, movement, group... and all should be fine.

If your 4k group can't do nsva, then there is something wrong in your group.

And it HAS to be hard... it's endgame content...not 2.8k content...
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    What is your dream team? MOF rene CW, 2 AC and 1 DO DC, OP, GF and DDs with 10 sellsword companions and at least one player using frost weapon enchant? If this is your dream team and you did not complete nSVH in less then 10 minutes, something went wrong.

I cant advise you, if I dont know your groups composition, but 9 of 10 times SVH runs fail, if they fail, bc they lack tank or buff/debuff, not dps.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    Teams do regularly beat SVA. It's nice to have at least one challenge in the game that's extremely hard. Most content has become trivial for players that have been around for a while.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,355 Arc User
    edited March 2017

Done it yesterday 3 times with a group of 2.8-3.3k guild-members. Only 2 4k+ ppl in there for helping (me and a friend). Works fine...IF everyone knows what he is doing. Mechanics, movement, group... and all should be fine.

I thought the minimum requirement to enter is 3.1k. May be it is just msva and nsva is different. I did not pay attention to nsva requirement.

EDIT: nsva does not need 3.1k.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,355 Arc User

I just cracked 3k and my damage is pretty good. I'm in a large alliance with many, many 4k+ players. I've run nsva 9 times now, each time with what I would consider to be a "dream team" for epics or any other piece of content, and yet I've failed 8 of those 9 times. This is with us spending time before each run discussing strategy and trying to improve on previous runs. You set the minimum item leve at 2.8k yet a group with an average of 3.5k can't pass it?

What do I suggest? Add at LEAST 5 minutes to the timer, if not 10. Almost all of those times we've failed we were within a few bars of killing Storvald. An extra minute or two would make it possible. Considering I need 9 more blue marks of each type to upgrade my main and off hands.... I will never be able to at this rate.

Please, please do this. I know it's your custom to ignore most player feedback, because much of it is game-breaking, but the general feeling I'm getting both in and out of guild chat is that this is truly too difficult. If you have a party of all 4kers, sure, go nuts, but most of us haven't either played for 5 years or spent $2500 to get to 4k...

Thanks. Let me know below what you think about nsva. I understand msva doesn't have a timer, but I need to achieve that item level, and the permadeath is annoying.

May be this can help you.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided?sso=eyJ1bmlxdWVpZCI6IjEwNTEzMzczOSIsIm5hbWUiOiJwbGFzdGljYmF0IiwiZW1haWwiOiJvbGRjeW1hbkBnbWFpbC5jb20iLCJwaG90b3VybCI6Imh0dHBzOlwvXC93d3cuYXJjZ2FtZXMuY29tXC9pbWFnZXNcL2FjY291bnRcL3VzZXIuanBnIiwicm9sZXMiOiJNZW1iZXIsTlcgTTkgUGxheXRlc3QiLCJjbGllbnRfaWQiOiIxNDQzOTY4OTgxIn0=+4b583e4ba1d7096d52aa518416a149b2afcc8a67+1489971424+hmacsha1
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I think that Svardbog - either normal or master lvl - is a good content. I've done master lvl with 3.3k players. I'm a 3.5k HR myself and I succeed at it 80% of the time. I rarely have a 4k player in my que group. When it comes to nsva, I think it's actually pretty easy. I learned that tactics is all you need. Bunch of people who know how their class works and have an idea of what this trial looks like and what they should and shouldn't do.

I advice you to get more experience, watch some youtube videos. Maybe you guys are just too weak for it. Item lvl is just a number and it actually says nothing about the players potential.
    Post edited by wizardlvl80#5963 on

I thought the minimum requirement to enter is 3.1k. May be it is just msva and nsva is different. I did not pay attention to nsva requirement.

EDIT: nsva does not need 3.1k.
    It was NSVA for helping lower guild members. And he told about NSVA above. The minimum requirement is 2.8k, 3.1 is FBI...
  • mistalowmistalow Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    I say make it harder and longer :*
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    nsva and esva are definetly not too hard. I think you are doing something wrong. You can easily do it with a strong 5/10 team.
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
    Maybe simply your group has not enough power? No offense...that often could be the problem...
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    Two days ago I did MSVH with a guild member. He asked me to join with my DC. I told him to look for OP, GF, MOF rene CW and one or two more DCs. He went for INSANE dps, one tank and one more DC. I told him, that this is a fail run. Guess what happened. We failed. I said, 'I told you so', he started bickering around, that I should build the group, if I dont like his combo. I told him, that I am done with SVH, I can help out, but he can get lost, if he thinks, that I would build a group, so he can farm his marks. He was angry, kept bitching around and I contemplated, if he earned a place on my ignore list...

As I said before, the problem is not dps, but buff/debuff. If you cant get the classes needed for a decent group, dont run at all. Otherwise you are just wasting everyone's time.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    asterotg said:

As I said before, the problem is not dps, but buff/debuff. If you cant get the classes needed for a decent group, dont run at all. Otherwise you are just wasting everyone's time.

He's right. I was in a failing group and dps were being blamed, despite some heavy hitters. Svardborg's hp was going down really slow. I'm a decent GWF with a good ILevel so was curious why.

On the next run I checked my power and it was barely over what I normally get from my companion. On other occasions with other teams, I've checked and power was way up to 160k. Buffers are definitely called for and needed.

Look for a good mix of experienced players.
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    I'm a 4.2K SW, unlocked SVA last night and ran it this morning for the first time. It failed miserably but I loved every minute of it! The group wasn't upset over the fail either! It's end game content, it NEEDS to be this hard!

The reason we are asking for harder end game content is because some of our groups are killing the bosses in etos in seconds. ECC can be walked through as well. It's just too damn easy.

I wasn't around when the armor pen change messed up ECC but I do remember when it was extremely difficult to complete. And I remember when some groups couldn't complete it after hours in there. This is no different!
    edited March 2017
    OP+GF+3xDC or
    OP+GF+2xDC + 1x heal like OP/templock or
    OP+GF+2xDC (if both of them know what they are doing)
    GF run Knights Valor, DC runs AS+DG/BoH+BtS+HG 24/7
    ...and you can run mSVA successfully even with a poor performing group, as long as your supporterclasses got a minimum knoweledge and communication abilities.
    I allways feel like "jabbering", only doing the minimum conversation before starting, NWO= zero communication most of the time.

1. Check the weaponenchats at the start and switch if possible
    2. take buffood, that´s what it is made for: Potion of heroism +1 stats, Stronghold food + 5k HP+2% EFR, Caprese +HP
    3. wear those Giant ward/slayer overloads
    4. buy 2 pieces of dusk armor , it´s cheap and hard to beat
    5. buy a sellsword or Merchenary etc.
    6. know your class

My advice is to just inspect the player you pick random, be aware of:
    -a AC/DC powerbuffer with 25k...som even don´t know the skills and powers of their class
    -a GF with vorp and130k HP, replying on "lfm need GF tank"
    -a buffer CW without buffs and wrong weaponenchant
    -a "hdps" with bonds rank 9... that´s not the player I need, if I know I need dps in there and ask for "hdps"
    .. .they troll and destroy 10 peoples fun imo and one of the main reasons, why people coordinate in so many elitechannels.

The worst case was a 3.3k IL SS CW dealing 1/10 of the mediocre GWF I run FBI with, that CW replied on "lfm 1 hdps for FBI needed", wearing a green augment with rank 8 runestones. Be carefull, hi trollfactor in SOMI chat.
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Another thing to be aware of: IS YOUR COMPANION DEAD OR MISSING? IS he even in the instance (que while fishing=no companion). Sounds basic, but you would be surprised. Also, a quick way to get a dead bugged companion back is to do a quick change character log out/log in. Brings that companion back every time.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Another issue with NSVA is people think "Well, I can respawn, so we can just throw group composition to the wind and run it with anyone that comes along.

Deaths hurt in a timed scenario. There is a reason the respawn is all the way at the back of the instance and they obviously want you in the middle. Dying costs time, costs buffs, costs DPS. For ramp classes that need time to get their full DPS going, thats all wasted time again.

I don't believe the content is to hard, and the IL gates are just that, IL gates. They make no guarantee that you can complete something with the minimum group level at all. The gates are just there to prevent people below that from entering so that people need to progress.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Devs of the game have created a false Item level allowed to it balloon out of control.. It deliberately misleads players into thinking they have a chance or they are "close" for the min item level of the content or pvp when in fact they are miles away due to guild and regular boons/ bounding stones/ mounts companions etc all NOT factoring into Item level ..

Take for example a 2.5k min item level dungeon / area
    and you go in and there are like level 73 mobs
    Player then complains that content is to hard for item level
    not relizing the Devs counted on the fact that you have 3 bonding rune stones (not counted in items level )
    and by then you might already be sucked in to opening your wallet to (compete)
    If you saw lets say you need a 7000k (true item level) you might be scared off and not even try or cry unfair
    this is all part of the sneak meant cause you pain monitization system and they are selling the medicine aka bonding stones

Item Level Accuracy needs to be fixed across the entire game if not it is impossible to balance pve or pvp content
  • lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    The sad part is no1 looks for trs to run Nsva or Esva... we have good debuffs [wicked reminder and courage breaker] but not every rogue knows what to do...
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited March 2017

tom#6998 said:

@mraureliusr#6575 if you cant beat nsva then your group is the problem not the content. Stop playing like "hamster" is my advise

What an arrogant %^&*.

I can't even attempt it because several of the attacks in it deal their damage to me before displaying the red warning circles (this happens in a couple of other places in game also, the eLoL rocks that drop in the final room and the smallest blue dragon circles in dragonflight).

Tried it once, was zero fun, never tried it again, gave up on the weapons, now cranking through river district with 4 characters to make up for it (and yes I have a good PC/graphics card and connection).
    There's only one attack/mechanic in SVA with a red circle (hailsburst- the one that drops the AOE on the floor) so that doesn't really add much credibility to your claims.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User

Whats happened to gamers? Where do gone players who where going for challenges and don't cry?
    I been in preview server in Svardborg, even without guild boons it was not as hard as u imply here. Do u expect all fight would be just couple hits and obtaining reward?

Neverwinter already is easy. Just need to use head on your shoulders.

I found video in internet. It's about current situation of First person shooter. How would look like quake 1 if it would be developed today./. But that video fit to current Neverwinter too. Because it shows how game diffuculity where adjusted to epic low level, and yet kids can't win only because they want instant win rather fight and win.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1ZtBCpo0eU
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================