test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wizards of the Coast “D&D Beyond” :Dungeons & Dragons finally going digital

earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
Seminal role-playing game Dungeons & Dragons looks to be going digital.

The game's publisher, Wizards of the Coast, calls its new effort “D&D Beyond”, describes it as “a digital toolset for use with the Dungeons & Dragons fifth edition rules” and has given the service the tagline “Play with advantage”.

Wizards' canned statement says the service will “take D&D players beyond pen and paper, providing a rules compendium, character builder, digital character sheets, and more—all populated with official D&D content.” We're also told the service “aims to make game management easier for both players and Dungeon Masters by providing high-quality tools available on any device.”

Details of just what's on offer are thin, but the beta signup site for the service says subscribers will get the following features:

A “D&D Compendium with Official Content”

The ability to “Create, Browse, & Use Homebrew Content”

The ability to “Manage Characters - Build, Progress, & Play”

D&D News, Articles, Forums, & More
Anywhere, anytime, access on any device

more:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/03/15/dungeons_dragons_finally_going_digital/

https://youtu.be/Dn8Kpmm_aJA
Guild Leader Den of the Misfits

Comments

• disposablehero#5903 disposablehero Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    Wizards just realized people have been using the complete reference and spellbook apps instead of their spell cards and overpriced books. If they switch to a sub model or allow players to acquire their own digital copies of content sans the $30 price tag I could see it being a huge hit.
    Dungeon Interior Coordinator for WAR-BOUND. <i class="Italic"></i>

PS4 characters:
    Brie Liadon, Shotgun Wizard
    Disposable Hero, Kidney removal technician
    Valorous Cake, Armored pastry defender
    Ginger Christ needs no introductions
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

Wizards just realized people have been using the complete reference and spellbook apps instead of their spell cards and overpriced books. If they switch to a sub model or allow players to acquire their own digital copies of content sans the $30 price tag I could see it being a huge hit.

Knowing wotc they'll charge for a subscription AND charge you for extra content.
    I8r4ux9.jpg