test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gwf rework? Whats the plan ARC?

2»

Comments

• treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    1 thing devs should really put they're minds in is capped DR GWF will be the best DPS if the target is currently poorly debuffed, things like mark, SotS and wms (total of 55% DR debuff) and many of the problems of DPS classes is related to DR cap (also by power versatility i know, i know).

• damoc#3687 damoc Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    Sprint should not be a get out of Jail card with immunity but a damage increase based on the distance the GWF sprinted because 'CHAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE!!!!'

In my mind the GWF should be loud and obnoxious as a destroyer which means short bouts of unstoppable shorter than even now but this should mean very strong spike damage.

unstoppable should be a very good 'shield' in sentinel (immagine a bulldozer), which mean longer unstoppable with unstoppable providing good durability and increasing theat generation

Foes should be tossed of their feet in instigator. which means both feats granting cc to powers not just a few encounters and bonus damage on cced targets like pin and needles from GF (why this one and not the feats in the tr scoundrel tree is because P&N works when you atempt to cc, not if the target is cced)

Of course, when you aggre to such a framework, powers and damage would have to be adjusted to fit the new paradigm but any rework needs to have a goal, not just saying I want this that do moooore and this and that without aim. Frankly if they manage to make the GWF less boring it would already be an achievement.
  • merhunesdagon1merhunesdagon1 Member Posts: 146 Arc User

What I find is the HR, SW, and GWF are pretty much in line with one another. All can out dps one another depending on what content is being run and what's the group make up. Truth is all DPS classes need to play better. Being dependent on Annointed Army made DPS classes a bunch of spoiled brats. As they are shouting in SOMI calling their 3.2k character high dps.

At (or around) 100% crit on my SW. havent had a GWiff outdps me in FBI yet. Maybe the majority are just bad GWF or maybe a ninja nerf?
  • irfaanirfaan Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    How about perhaps making it that we dont need to stack millions of buffs to do any damage for starters. As a GWF you have to ensure all your buffs are stacked and have all the suns, moons and planets aligned and the power of greyskull along with it. No Doubt your damage is superb when they are but damn, have you ever seen a fully buffed GWF underneath the char pic, even a 4k monitor can't contain it.
    Over embellishments aside, we really do have to stack a multitude of buffs before our DPS is viable and by that time the mobs are almost dead or already dead by the HR OR CW on the team.
    On top of that one or 2 knock downs in pvp and you've lost your destroyer buff - its such a short time that it grants for you to be able to keep the stacks up.
    taking a GF as an example, their base damage on their powers are already high,
    How about less stacks of buffs and higher base damage among making our other 2 feat trees viable again.

I do feel that the Determination bar should grow on taking and giving damage for all the paths.
    Battle fury could do with a higher buff to the party damage too and at least say what the actual buff percentage is in the tool tip.
    Our stamina pool is low and gets wasted way too fast on a sprint, its like we are pushed to use battle fury as a pick me up... which gives you about 4 seconds of actual use if you're not using the BF feat that helps the cooldown, 1 second of animation that is a HAMSTER to frame cancel because it cancels the actual power use if frame cancelled at the wrong time and 4 seconds to try to do damage, and this is only useful if you have someone else there to mark the target.
    I forgot the name of the power (the one that lets you charge through enemies with a sword) seemed very interesting when i was levelling... I've tried it once and never again,
    Perhaps instigator could add party assisting feats
    Destroyer would obviously be the main damage dealing tree
    Bring Sentinel back to glory and damage,
    When I first started there were many builds focused around sentinel and the guys were real tanks in a sense where they could take the damage and boom, mow down enemies with their tank shells!

Make no mistake, I love playing GWF, but for the past few mods all builds have been a copypasta job of Lia and Lazalia and its only recently with the help of the weapon enchat changes that there are more differing builds making use of slam and such and it seems that may become the new copypasta too.

Help us to be wanted in a party instead of, hey we have another GWF on the team that's going to sprint forward to be damage dealer again. We're just trying to get our million stacks up brother man!
  • fabricjumperfabricjumper Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    First of all there are many great weapon fighters who like the game and showing their support for the company by either buying very high amounts of zen (including me) or through other means like keeping in the game even though the class they like to play has multiple severe flaws that almost make "some options" of the class unplayable. And I think we as gwf players deserve at least " a moderate " attention.

As many of gwf players already know, in pve only the destroyer path is viable; the viability does not come from it's desirability though it's thanks to swordmaster's playiblity, unbrokenness. Because both sentinel and instigator paths are plain broken; either tooltips not showing the true information or gains by choosing those paths does not meet game requirements.

For example going sentinel does not make the gwf a tank; actually it's quite reverse... Because the marks and additional threat given by feats does not provide enough aggro on mobs and reduced outgoing damage compared to destroyer tree ensures other damage dealers to get focussed and hard hitted. So it is easy to say that the gwf does a better job tanking by going for the destroyer tree instead of going sentinel... This should not be intended since sm is dps and sentinel is tank; mechanics are clearly "broken".

Let's look at the last remaining tree: Instigator. Upon checking this tree generates the idea of highly mobile, yet often hard hitted champion who stacks in damage resistance as long as he continually gets hitted. Maybe viable for Pvp, but in pve this will not work at all. For instances demogorgon for example, or tiamat's where the gwf is surrounded by legions of minions, constantly being hitted instigator may work but then again the gwf need to change his feats while fighting bosses which is impossible.

The "unstoppable" skill is the core of playability in gwf. Yet neither in instigator, nor in sentinel there is clear indication regarding how determination is gained. Yes tooltip says "by taking damage, or either taking/giving damage", anyhow; because of the above reasons, upon testing one has to see that the gwf will not build determination he needs, eventually he will be left alone frustrated.

Destroyer tree is the only working path for us. The formula for building determination is still unclear, most probably it's best built by giving out variable damage, high pitches of damage between s-low swings. Many of the feats will not give out the effects in descriptions. The effects will vary depending on some unknown factors. Even though swordmasters are at least "satisfying" damage dealers, they have to use almost all of their encounter powers to buff their at wills. If this is intended, please let's keep this intention for one tree only, provide us with some other options making encounter powers usable instead of them being only passives.

Of course these apply for swordmaster path only... Iron Vanguard is left in the denizen's of mod 4 and I for one have no idea if he is going to return someday... Some people go for Iron Vanguard only to get the second mark from threatening rush . This should be telling something about how a complete paragon path is utterly wasted.

Overall the idea of a raging berserker along with it's animations is the greatest fun. But this idea by it's mechanic wise, is not polished and almost "ruined" .

Please show us the attention we deserve.
    thanks.