test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

WMS vs Crushing surge single target

brick#6890 brick Member Posts: 68 Arc User
Which of the two at wills is our best single target damage ability??

Hard to test with out act.

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    I think we can figure this out via math. Information is taken from @thefabricant's Damage Calculations guide.

We're going to assume the GF is a level 70 GF with (x) STR (doesn't matter for the sake of calculation) and has no external sources of buffs/debuffs. Since Level Base, Weapon Damage, Buffs/Debuffs, and Ability Score Bonuses are held constant, this means we only need to pay attention to the ability coefficients.

The ability coefficients are as follows:

Crushing Surge: 1.5936 (first two hits, 1.992 (final hit)
    WMS: 0.8 (slice), 0.6 (ghost)

Hit per hit, Crushing Surge's ability coefficients are much larger than WMS, which leads to more damage, assuming all else are held constant.

Of course, we excluded other factors, such as WMS's at-will debuff, WMS offhand bonus, or attack speed. For the former, if your team has good debuffing potential, then the At-will debuff is pointless. Attack speed didn't seem too different between the two at-wills. And I don't think the WMS offhand bonus has enough punch to even get close to competing with Crushing Surge in terms of single target damage.

By the way, since I summoned Sharp here (or spammed his notifications with something from me), he might be lurking in this thread, or he might have just assumed I'm trolling him as usual; either way, Sharp at least is aware that I'm trying to use his formulas. I think my math is right, although I was typing this late at night after a long string of calculus homework.