test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DC weapons?

adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
edited March 2017 in The Temple
So, with people getting their new M11 weapons, the question is - which weapon will you aim for - one of the M11 ones, Relic, or stick with Twisted, or even Burning?

Myself, I am going to get 2 sets.... M11 Aboleth for solo play and M11 Fey for groups.

What about you?
Hoping for improvements...
Post edited by adinosii on

Comments

• jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Burning on my power/rec pve ACDC, Mirage on my main power/arp pvp DODC.
  • xxxhansolxxxxxxhansolxxx Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Fey all the way ...
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Fey on my DO/Righteous main.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    For me, Stronghold (or the "slightly better" version which has a chance to come out in Mod 11.5. See below).

I don't plan for a perma-daily build (especially given the Divinity AP changes), I don't particularly need the best weapon damage, I'm not gunning to be the ultimate powershare DC, and I don't feel like grinding materials for the rare hope of orange marks/ Arcanic Focus.

I am looking for something which buffs my team and the SH Set is the only one which does that. While it is expensive and time consuming, the goal is a lot less randomized, doesn't involve dailies, and the end-goal is easier for me to see (just grind a lot of money).

However, given the latest stream detailing a Masterwork update in Mod11.5, I am biding my time to see if a "SH Set +" is released. If so, I'll get the new version, if not, I'll get the classic version.

• putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    runic... but that's because I already own them

that said, i'd be more interested in them adding a neck/waist/arti set that is useful to the new DC meta, I'd like to see something with a bonus focused around AP gain or CD reduction but I'm sure they'd just give us more outgoing healing or some nonsense, so I'm not getting my hopes up
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    putzboy78 said:

runic... but that's because I already own them

that said, i'd be more interested in them adding a neck/waist/arti set that is useful to the new DC meta, I'd like to see something with a bonus focused around AP gain or CD reduction but I'm sure they'd just give us more outgoing healing or some nonsense, so I'm not getting my hopes up

Yea, that's what I'm afraid of myself. I am hoping the Mod11.5 masterwork updates will bring an improvement to the stronghold armor - considering how difficult and expensive it is to make, I would think it was only fair if it was close to BiS, with a decent set bonus on top, but as it seems that the developers are sometimes slightly out-of-touch with what players really want, getting a big "outgoing healing" bonus is a strong possibility. I would be fine with a damage mitigation bonus, or a buffing/debuffing bonus, or as you said, an AP gain or CD reduction bonus, but....given a choice between 5 desirable options and one useless one, chances seem high we will get the useless one.

Just sayin'

As for the weapons, though....M11 is fine for me.
    Post edited by adinosii on
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Sticking with Relic for the time being. There is too much uncertainty regarding the rework. However I think my DC main has around 20 arcanic focii and it seems the Devs may offer some release on that front. Initially I'd been thinking Fey for the AP gain, but again who knows what we'll end up with?
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    Listen to me son( :p:D ) fey is the best weapon for DC. If you play healer or debuffer-buffer or DO-AC the best(must) option is fey!
    Relic is the most ridiculous weapons for support classes.
    But another quick option is burning set easy to get and easy to refine.

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    I'm giving my DC lots of options. She has the Burning Set (Legendary MH, Epic OH) and a Relic Set (Blue MH, Green OH) and will be getting a Fey Set once the devs sort out what changes they are going to put in place with regard to restoring them. She is using the Relic set so that she is always ready to run mSVA should the opportunity arise so that at some point the set may achieve Legendary status. I 'only' need the SVA wards as all the RP is already in place.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    My bet is like the Elemental and Twisted set the newer weapons down the road will be easier to acquire due to something added to the Trade Bar Merchant and eventually come in a LB. So for the time time being my lazy butt will hold onto my burning set until the newer weapons go into a LB and I will buy them at that point.

As for the gear, the devs will find a way to create a new set with slightly better stats and it will take additional in game grinding for hours and hours or you can purchase what you need out right. Either way, not an issue for me ATM.

I still need to work on getting my artifact IL up to max, companions, bonding stones, etc...

I like this game and like playing a DC the best, but time and money is not something I like to waste all that much on games as of late.

• clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    Does anybody here know why some say the Fey weapon beats the Twisted ? Looking at my twisted stats when activated I get around extra 10% damage (and 10% extra healing). The Fey is only active for 10 seconds every 30 seconds and both the damage and healing stats are lower than 10%, I stand under correction, but the numbers don't make sense to me that Fey beats Twisted.
    edited April 2017

Does anybody here know why some say the Fey weapon beats the Twisted ? Looking at my twisted stats when activated I get around extra 10% damage (and 10% extra healing). The Fey is only active for 10 seconds every 30 seconds and both the damage and healing stats are lower than 10%, I stand under correction, but the numbers don't make sense to me that Fey beats Twisted.

Fey has higher weapon damage, and higher weapon damage will always be a flat a DPS increase. Higher weapon damage also means that your heals are more potent.

The Power from the Twisted set might not be a 10% damage increase, especially if you're a dedicated powersharing DC.

Fey also has more base power on the weapon, which adds a bit of power to your powershare (Twisted set bonus doesn't work for powershare purposes).

Fey also has the benefit of the set bonus slightly restoring your AP, similar to the Gorgon/Snail/Burning Set, which is really nice the DC, which has the two best daily attacks in the game.
    Post edited by rjc9000 on

• dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    To update here - with the RD daily changes and loadouts on the way, I've decided to also slowly inch along towards Fey as the "party support" set and keep relic for my personal dps / solo set. Fun stuff.
  • plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    i saw few mirage in PVP.
    looks nice, those illusions attack alone. (i was thinking its going to be like the dread lillusions)
    it should be nice to keep the argo away in PVE/PVP
    anyone know if they heal as well? if they spad sun burst it will be nice :)
  • enicegeoenicegeo Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Does anyone know if the Lifeforged set bonus count towards powersharing?
    it should not, as any external power buffing source (ex: other DC WoL, Offensive Bondings, OP Aura Gifts, Twisted Set) doesn't count towards your powershare

I'm lazy and don't want to search for the link, but @dupeks had a resource for powersharing stuff.

• enicegeoenicegeo Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Yeah, that post is a few topics down but the set bonus is listed as unknown, also as Firesoul.
    enicegeo said:

Yeah, that post is a few topics down but the set bonus is listed as unknown, also as Firesoul.

I don't have an probably wont' have a lifeforge wep for quite some time to test with... so if someone does and could test that would be great <3

My unsubstantiated gut instinct is that it wouldn't count. Since the bonuses show up in the buff bar when they trigger, and most things that show up there don't count towards power sharing.
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    After some testing once everything was working properly on PC I determined that in general:

DC - Fey
    TR - Aboleth
    GWF - Aboleth
    GF - Aboleth(Off-Tank), Lifeforged/Mirage(Pure/Hybrid Tank)
    CW - Aboleth
    SW - Aboleth
    HR - Aboleth
    OP-Dev. - Aboleth/Mirage or Fey if you really want to.
    The Healadin already has zero issues with healing and stacks Recovery easily. A little extra damage over 10% AP doesn't hurt.
    OP-Prot. - Any, even Fey for the AP. Personal preference.

PvP - Mirage

Are the best choices
    cw mof ren may want fey for more Furious Immolation. spreads smoulder and gathers trash for easy aoe death in team play
    One other thought, probably a little far down the rabbit hole.

Someone is reporting that the illusions from the mirage weps trigger weapon enchants (albeit without much damage) and count as separate entities for the purpose of applying debuffs.

Depending on whether that is WAI, that may make mirage an option for support classes running debuff WEs.
    lol, no way that could be WAI, could you imagine a team with terror enchants and mirages and frost enchants giving a 140% debuff
    OK that's a fair characterization. But if it suffers from the separate entity mechanic interaction who knows how soon it gets rectified...
  • knightfall#8685 knightfall Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    For my purposes, I don't think the Fey weapon set is very good. I am going to go one of two ways (still deciding):

1) DO: Going this way means the Fey's AP gain is pretty unnecessary. I currently have no trouble whatsoever getting enough AP to keep HG up. If anything I will want to raise my recovery to lower HG's cooldown so getting AP is gonna be even easier. For this route, I am simply gonna go with more damage so the relic weapons would be best.

2) AC double daily: If I go this way I am better off using my Burning set for the extra AP. The only way I would use the Fey set here is if I can generate AP so quickly that the AP difference between the Burning and the Fey becomes completely unnecessary, which I don't see happening.

For my purposes, I don't think the Fey weapon set is very good. I am going to go one of two ways (still deciding):

2) AC double daily: If I go this way I am better off using my Burning set for the extra AP. The only way I would use the Fey set here is if I can generate AP so quickly that the AP difference between the Burning and the Fey becomes completely unnecessary, which I don't see happening.

Fey has the advantage of having higher base power off the weapon, which means your AA shares more power. The AP Gain and higher weapon damage happen to be a bonus tied to the weapon.

• sadus671sadus671 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 204 Arc User

1) DO: Going this way means the Fey's AP gain is pretty unnecessary. I currently have no trouble whatsoever getting enough AP to keep HG up. If anything I will want to raise my recovery to lower HG's cooldown so getting AP is gonna be even easier. For this route, I am simply gonna go with more damage so the relic weapons would be best.

FYI:

- Burning Set only works on First Daily. (Unless this was fixed)... it ALWAYS works, but never works for any Dailies afterwards... for given the number of dailies a DC should be firing off... Fey way more useful.
    -= Primary Characters =-

- Forge (GF)
    - Apocalypse - (DC)
    - Sadus (OP)
    - Fireball (GWF)
    - Ixian (CW)

Thank you Loadouts for allowing my toons to be all the things... they ever wanted to be....
    edited April 2017
    sadus671 said:

FYI:

- Burning Set only works on First Daily. (Unless this was fixed)... it ALWAYS works, but never works for any Dailies afterwards... for given the number of dailies a DC should be firing off... Fey way more useful.

FYI:

- Burning Set actually has a 30-second internal cooldown (same as Fey), which is why it works for the first one and seems to stop working afterwards.

rjc9000 said:

Fey has the advantage of having higher base power off the weapon, which means your AA shares more power. The AP Gain and higher weapon damage happen to be a bonus tied to the weapon.

Like I said, my goal for that build is to double daily. So like I said, if the AP difference between the two sets becomes unnecessary, then Fey would be the way to go.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Then there is the new possibility - the new Masterwork weapons. Same stats as Relic and M11, with a set bonus that increases with the number of people in your party that's using them. A 5-man group using those would have -10% to damage taken +10% to incoming healing and outgoing damage. Not bad.

The problem is getting a party of 5 people using those weapons.
    i think the new masterwork weapons aren't even in consideration. We had that same set bonus in the old stronghold weapons and no used them because they were to expensive and to unreliable to get a team (or even another individual) using them. I could see and elite guild making them mandatory but for average players or in average guilds they aren't worth considering.