test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bonding Runestone Revamp - Please make this happen!

124»

Comments

• Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

Ya, ffs. Those of us who actually want to improve our toons have invested in bondings and pets. Quit being jelly and get some, instead of trying to destroy what others have worked hard for. That is my honest advice, quit with the qq and work on getting them yourself.

DC BoB buff with 30K base power vs. 3 R12 Bonding from your companion without any gear or enchantments

The difference between these two is under 400 power. Now most end game players definitely equip R12 Enchantments and gear on their companion.

Also as for crying....LMAO...

I can buy the R12 for 3 character right now if I wanted no problem. It isn't about getting R12 Bonding, because even if I had them, I would still have created this thread.

Another thing players need to consider when comparing Buffs/Bebuff from other players vs. Bonding is this..

Companions are designed to help the player during solo content.
    Buffs / Debuff from your group members is designed to help the group.

A simple solution I have is when in a group Dungeon companions cannot be summoned. Did I just write that, yes I did and now your bonding are only effective when soloing as intended. Dungeons now require group play for the buffs/debuffs. This is just one solution. Another solution is rework bonding % as I highlighted in my initial post. The % change should be monitored and adjusted as needed.

Please keep in mind that companions are designed for solo play and not designed to power you up during group content, that is the initial design of the companion. Today the companion is powering players up just as much as a buffing DC, why do so many players think this fine and should not be adjusted? Oh because they spent millions in AD to acquire the bonding stones.

It is Cryptic/PWE decision to adjust bonding. I will leave it up to them.

At least I voiced my concern on how bonding is breaking the game and needs to be reviewed, fixed or adjusted. If they do great and if they don't great.

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

A simple solution I have is when in a group Dungeon companions cannot be summoned. Did I just write that, yes I did and now your bonding are only effective when soloing as intended.

Er, who told you that? I've been using these forums for two years and I've never seen anyone from Cryptic say anything remotely close to this.

If you want to make up facts to suit your position then fine, but don't expect other people to buy it.

Also, if you have enough AD to buy 9 x rank 12 bonding stones why are your characters so low? Unless of course you just haven't updated their IL on your signature, in which case maybe you should because at the moment when players see someone in the mid 2k region complaining about high end gear it just sounds like gear envy.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    tenetombtenetomb Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I actually was thinking about nerfing bondings to 35% on rank 12 and found it to be pretty balanced.
    It would be a good thing if that happened. Bondings would still be bis either on augments or fighting pets and debuff pets would still be bis.
    So, minor change in economy and closing the gap between augments and fighting pets with bonding.
    Definitely a good thing !

Ps : Before anybody starts whining, i have 3 sets of 3x rank 12 bondings on my characters and sell more to make money so I'm in a good place atm. Just finding that this hasn't ever been balanced.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    armadeonx said:

A simple solution I have is when in a group Dungeon companions cannot be summoned. Did I just write that, yes I did and now your bonding are only effective when soloing as intended.

Er, who told you that? I've been using these forums for two years and I've never seen anyone from Cryptic say anything remotely close to this.

If you want to make up facts to suit your position then fine, but don't expect other people to buy it.

Also, if you have enough AD to buy 9 x rank 12 bonding stones why are your characters so low? Unless of course you just haven't updated their IL on your signature, in which case maybe you should because at the moment when players see someone in the mid 2k region complaining about high end gear it just sounds like gear envy.
    The game loading screen message and that is a message directly from Cryptic. How did you miss that after 2 years of playing?

As for AD, I don't have the AD. I just said I could buy them if I wanted to but choose not to as I don't see the value of putting that much of my actual money into a game. I playing NW to have fun but when something is clearly broken it needs to be fixed, such as AA from DC and Bonding stones. By the way, AA is getting adjusted, time for the devs to consider bonding stones.

Bondings and companions have nothing to do with what you and others are describing. The issues are buffs, debuffs, stupid things like Divine Protector, Anointed Army and Knight's Valor, and players being over-geared for the content they are doing. This is a design issue. The devs have to keep making harder and harder content, or they can rein in all of the broken things that make the content so easy. Nerfing bondings will not solve the issue at all, it will just make these cheese parties mandatory.

Bondings and companions have nothing to do with what you and others are describing. The issues are buffs, debuffs, stupid things like Divine Protector, Anointed Army and Knight's Valor, and players being over-geared for the content they are doing. This is a design issue. The devs have to keep making harder and harder content, or they can rein in all of the broken things that make the content so easy. Nerfing bondings will not solve the issue at all, it will just make these cheese parties mandatory.

AA is being fixed with the DC revamp. So they are working on fixing broken class mechanics.

So it is ok to fix broken class mechanics but leave as is an item that provides you as a player just as much power as a DC with 30K from BoB? Yeah that isn't broken.
  • Options

Right now it is possible to run a party where the party takes no damage and the enemies have no damage resist and instantly melt. MoF is part of that nonsense. Bondings have nothing to do with that.

Enemies instantly melting is partly coming from your bonding stones. Take away 7K+ in power and other stats that bonding give and now content becomes a bit better.

AA and the other cleric buff/debuff are being looked at and will eventually be adjusted, just like GF was.

I swear people defending bonding enjoy the easy content. Best way to improve a challenge is reduce our stats and adjusting bonding can provide more challenge.

End game players are getting a boost of 15-25% in their power just from 3 R12 Bonding stones prior to any other buff/debuff. How can you state that is not helping you out like other things?

If you want one broken thing fixed such as AA, you should also support fixes in other part of the game, such as Bonding, which I have clearly shown that it is broken.

Why are you giving your companion R12 Enchantment before your own character, why? Because bonding is broken and you get 285% of that Rank 12 enchantment stat. So that 700 is no longer 700 but 1995 in a stat boost. Sure Bonding is not broken.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

armadeonx said:

The game loading screen message and that is a message directly from Cryptic. How did you miss that after 2 years of playing?

As for AD, I don't have the AD. I just said I could buy them if I wanted to but choose not to as I don't see the value of putting that much of my actual money into a game. I playing NW to have fun but when something is clearly broken it needs to be fixed, such as AA from DC and Bonding stones. By the way, AA is getting adjusted, time for the devs to consider bonding stones.

AA is being fixed with the DC revamp. So they are working on fixing broken class mechanics.

So it is ok to fix broken class mechanics but leave as is an item that provides you as a player just as much power as a DC with 30K from BoB? Yeah that isn't broken.
    Dungeons are currently balanced knowing players have this capability. Go try running FBI without bondings or a debuff party.

It'll take an hour or more. It's really easy to be hyperbolic about how bondings are giving players all this power but it's basically the baseline for how they balance 3.1k dungeons. The devs have also shown that they don't have the resources to revamp dungeons quickly so any nerf is going to directly affect any new content.

Wow, one Rank 12 enchantment has a BASE cost that is more than any companion besides the orange owlbear. Making 3 equal one augment is not an idea, it is a troll.

The thing about the cost that gets me is that you could easily farm lesser bondings during the winter event. Anyone with around 6 toons could easily have gotten enough to make a set of greater bondings and it's not like there was any activity remotely close to being as profitable.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Right now it is possible to run a party where the party takes no damage and the enemies have no damage resist and instantly melt. MoF is part of that nonsense. Bondings have nothing to do with that.

Enemies instantly melting is partly coming from your bonding stones. Take away 7K+ in power and other stats that bonding give and now content becomes a bit better.

AA and the other cleric buff/debuff are being looked at and will eventually be adjusted, just like GF was.

I swear people defending bonding enjoy the easy content. Best way to improve a challenge is reduce our stats and adjusting bonding can provide more challenge.

End game players are getting a boost of 15-25% in their power just from 3 R12 Bonding stones prior to any other buff/debuff. How can you state that is not helping you out like other things?

If you want one broken thing fixed such as AA, you should also support fixes in other part of the game, such as Bonding, which I have clearly shown that it is broken.

Why are you giving your companion R12 Enchantment before your own character, why? Because bonding is broken and you get 285% of that Rank 12 enchantment stat. So that 700 is no longer 700 but 1995 in a stat boost. Sure Bonding is not broken.
    Content will continue to be easy. It'll just take longer and the rewards will be the same.

They're never going to revamp dungeons to make the time to reward ratio without bondings remotely close to being worth anyone's time.

You do not want challenge, you just do not want to have to pay for bondings. You want to destroy everybody who has them to get your way.

It's even more stupid of a position because everyone could've easily farmed lesser bondings during the winter event.

I'm working on my third set of r12s because of this. People that farmed gift parties hardcore have stacks of lesser bonding runestones.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options

That is my point. Bondings when I got my 3 to R12, though I made them from scratch, cost 12 million AD on the AH. An augment costs maybe 40-200k AD. There is no way in the world that something that costs 12 mill AD should be reduced down to an augment for the sake of balance. There are other things that can be looked at. That is why I am even in this thread. It is beyond the pale to ask for such an absurd nerf to what has become a staple of the game.

To get the 840 power from the Runestone on a Augment companion a player still has to rank those runestone up, just like you did with the bonding, cost will be a bit less for the other Runestone but there is still a cost to get those up to R12.

• Options
    Augment vs Bonding.

1 R12 Bonding Provides 95% of the companion stats.

For an Augment companion you need 3 R12 Runestones to get the similar stat boost that 1 R12 bonding provide.

How is an Augment companion cheaper for those stating that bonding is more expensive?

I calculated both out and 3 R12 for an Augment to get similar stats that 1 R12 Bonding provides is in fact more expensive.

NEXT!
  • Options

That is my point. Bondings when I got my 3 to R12, though I made them from scratch, cost 12 million AD on the AH. An augment costs maybe 40-200k AD. There is no way in the world that something that costs 12 mill AD should be reduced down to an augment for the sake of balance. There are other things that can be looked at. That is why I am even in this thread. It is beyond the pale to ask for such an absurd nerf to what has become a staple of the game.

To get the 840 power from the Runestone on a Augment companion a player still has to rank those runestone up, just like you did with the bonding, cost will be a bit less for the other Runestone but there is still a cost to get those up to R12.

Everyone would get chickens and use one bonding+ 2 eldritch to get 150% stats. So bonding prices would tank and eldritch would hit around 2 million. It would probably end up costing half the price of what a set of r12 bondings cost.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    urabask said:

Everyone would get chickens and use one bonding+ 2 eldritch to get 150% stats. So bonding prices would tank and eldritch would hit around 2 million. It would probably end up costing half the price of what a set of r12 bondings cost.
    If Bonding and Augment both at legendary provided similar stats, which one would you pick and why?

Right now there is no choice for the player. Another thing that my main post focused on was R12 Enchantment. Right now we get more bang for our buck when placed on a companion over the character. Shouldn't the enchantment give the player more stats when placed on the player vs the companion? In the current stat it really isn't even about our character, it is more about our companion. Why is it designed like this? That to me makes no sense. The companion should be there to help, not there to provide us around 20% of a stats for whatever role we play.
  • Options
    americatime#7747 americatime Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    The problem here is power creep and the trivialization of content due to this. But your solution would have huge economic ramifications to the neverwinter community where the nerf of bonding to the level of augment means that prices would tank and millions of ad with be lost by each player that invested in them (which is almost all end game players at this point). You do that and people will leave the game, out of pure spite or frustration of the fact that what they paid for through their grind or money is wiped out in the name of reducing power creep. This will happen if you nerf bonding, and NW cannot afford even more of its player base leaving especially after the mod 6 debacle.

I find the focus on bonding to be odd, since they're not even the biggest source of power creep avaliable to players. Take a look at SH boons: lvl 20 guilds can get 8k offensive stats and defensive stats AND pvp stat buffs, this contributes more to power creep than bondings ever could. Yet no one seems to be arguing to nerf sh boons. Mount powers provide 4k stats as well+ insignias means that mounts in total can give another 8-10 k more stats, just as much as bonding if not a little less. Yet this is not an issue worthy of calling for nerfs. What about the massive amount of campaign boons as well? All of these combined contribute to the massive power creep that trivializes t1 and t2 content, but if you were to nerf any of these you would not see the massive amount of wealth elimination as you would nerfing bonding stones.

There's also the fact that bonding stones and companions allows support players to be more flexible and adapt their build to the situation. I play a gf and with my greater bonding I can switch them around between my con artist when I'm soloing at clearing epic dungeons faster, and my dancing shield when I need to tank things like orcus. If you were to nerf bonding, why would I invest in bonding stones and switch them around when I can just get an augment, heck I wouldn't be free to play a tank or solo or clear t2s as effectively when I need to because of the loss of stats and companion buffs/debuffs. Bonding even for low ilvl players are tangible and especially for support players like a tank they are pretty important in making our lives a lot less crappy when it comes to grinding dailies and carrying the team.

No. Nerfing bondings is a bad idea. Buff augments, make harder content. Don't nerf something that people have already spent so much money and time into already.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

I can't remember that message offhand, perhaps you could post a screenshot - something tells me you're misinterpreting it. I am of course willing to be corrected but I'm betting you're reading it wrong.

I see you didn't comment on my request for a clarification on your IL - this suggests I am correct and all of your characters are mid 2k and you have never played with high level bonding stones - it also means you are unable to enter FBI, have mid-rank other enchantments, non-legendary gear etc.

As such you are not speaking from personal experience when you say r12 bondings are the cause of the majority of player DPS, you are assuming this because of the power stat showing on some high level characters.

I'm sliding more and more toward believing your motivation being 'gear envy'.

Your experience of high level players so far will be within the confines of dungeons geared for mid 2k players. When you finally qualify for FBI and find that no amount of r12 bonding procs is going to save you from being 1-shot or making your damage barely noticeable then your opinion will be an informed one.

Fast runs are about buff/debuffs. The new dungeons have based their difficulty on the stats of players in the 3.1 to 4k+ range, including their bondings, but you wouldn't be able to appreciate that first hand as you do not yet qualify to enter these areas.

Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    agghaggh Member Posts: 4 Arc User

urabask said:

If Bonding and Augment both at legendary provided similar stats, which one would you pick and why?

Right now there is no choice for the player. Another thing that my main post focused on was R12 Enchantment. Right now we get more bang for our buck when placed on a companion over the character. Shouldn't the enchantment give the player more stats when placed on the player vs the companion? In the current stat it really isn't even about our character, it is more about our companion. Why is it designed like this? That to me makes no sense. The companion should be there to help, not there to provide us around 20% of a stats for whatever role we play.
    Augments aren't meant to compete with bondings at BiS. They're meant to be a cheaper alternative. Cryptic put their foot down when they revamped bondings and made them better. Then the last three mods have had content specifically balanced for bondings. The devs have never said that augments are supposed to be a viable alternative to bondings if you're BiS/near BiS. They've been relegated to a cheaper alternative and nothing about that will ever change.

Also, enchants slotted on augments provide more stats than enchants on your toon too. Getting into autistic hyperbole about where stats need to come from isn't a realistic way to balance a game either.
    JWXTcjS.png
  • Options
    madziggy1madziggy1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    Do I get it right? The dude is 2,7 IL and alrdy crying about how overpowered bondings are? How not challenging the content is?
    Without doin any FBI or MSVA?
    Whats wrong with people?
    And he starting that BS thread when aa soon be nerfed?
    If you seek for challenge up ur toon to 3,1 and make some pug FBI runs. Without bondings ofc. After that experience please come back here, I'll gladly listen to you.
  • Options
    blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    You just dont get it. Do you? You dont have bondings yourself and you complain bcs ppl with bondings are beating you. What did you expect? It doesnt matter from what source the boost is coming, result is the same. Expecting to beat ppl with bonding companions while using an augment. Augment is a companion for starters, you get better and move on to bonding companions. Same way like you move in any other part of the game. You start with Mulhorand weapons and move on to better weapons. Or you expect to beat ppl with Relic weapons while using Mulhorands? Or expect to have same stat boost and speed with epic mount compared to legendary one? You mentioned 7k power being the problem bcs it comes from bondings, you can take away 20k power or more if you like, things will still melt in parties who know how to do it.
    I will repeat it for you. If you think bondings are the problem the bondings are not the problem.
    In end game content every1 has r12 bondings, its nothing special, its like having weapons equipped and there is huge difference between average party setups and specific party conposition which is trying to beat content as fast as possible. Those average ones have high chance of failing endgame content or taking a lot of time to finish it, while speed runners are speed runners. Both have r12 bondings, so why is it not so easy for average ones if you think bondings are the problem?
    Dont expect ppl to agree with you when you dont know what you are talking about.
This discussion has been closed.