test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A third Paragon Path..

np55np55 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User
edited March 2017 in The Citadel
Oath of Vengeance.
Just imagine it! A path just for damage dealing.. we lack quite a bit in damage! Especially in PVP.

Give me your thoughts and ideas on this.
Post edited by np55 on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    All classes have two paths, if they gave us 3 everyone else would want it too lol.

Protector/Justice is the official DPS path and Protector/Bulwark is supposed to be the tank path but as the people that created the Paladin obviously didn't understand the mechanics of what they were designing, Justice is actually the tank path due to maxing temp health gen / boosting threat gen and Bulwark is useless trash.

However, I disagree about us lacking damage. I don't pvp anymore but when I did, my pally had no issues with damage and in pve I kill things very quickly. I didn't start out that way of course because I'd specced for recovery back when the bubble was 100% absorption with a 20 second uptime. Armor pen and crit chance are much more important now.

You can however already run a vengeance focused build:

Divine Call: Reflect Damage (5%)
    Aura of Vengeance: 55% weapon damage per hit taken
    Binding Oath
    Prism in conjunction with all sources of incoming healing and the boons Burning Guidance & Healing Warmth - for this, Water weapons/Sanctuary/Life Steal/Gale of Retribution & Wall of Wind (and I suspect the feat Divine Action & it's worth testing the pvp boon Combat Triage) can all trigger it *
    Trans Fireburst (or Frostburn if you want less damage but more control) armor enchantment
    Avalanche (boon)

I'm sure I've missed a couple of things. Bear in mind that even as a Prot Pally, you can trigger BG & HW by using things like the Oathbound Sigil to heal others (I'm pretty sure that works but I've not tested it) and by healing them with Sanctuary.

*Credit to @michaelrn1982 & @rubytrue for making me aware of this
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    I dont think paladins lack in damage. What they do lack is a good way to deal it to a single target in pvp. Most people tend not to stay around and let you at will them. There are pvp paladins who focus on self buffing and attempting 1 shots via DJ. My own paladin has quite a bit of dps however the encounter powers are kinda weak so the problem imo is we lack good ways to apply the damage.

What we dont have is good burst, apart from those above mentioned DJs. But then again if they give us good burst + cc we'll become better than GFs and nobody wants that :smiley:
  • Options
    zeplin055zeplin055 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Dps for pallys with my healadin and tend to do 60-90 mil in FBI. In pvp watch out because we hit hard with vow + judge and divine judgement I have 1 shot many people for 150k.