test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Help with artifact sets

brick#6890 brick Member Posts: 68 Arc User
Hey guys and gals! Looking for some advice. We have doubly rp coming up on the Xbox. I have a green orcus set waiting in the bank. I'm currently wearing a maxed lostmouth set, i need to know if it's worth the rp and AD to change sets. I'm a 4.2 Conq tank that focuses on tanking over dps, but i like being able to do my dailies in a timely manner

I have 140k+ hp, 97% DR with bondings, so I'm good defensively. But I'm not sure if the dmg increase for the orcus set is that significant enough for a GF to worry about it, considering i already have the maxed lol set.

Is it that noticeable for a GF? Worth it?

Comments

• Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

Hey guys and gals! Looking for some advice. We have doubly rp coming up on the Xbox. I have a green orcus set waiting in the bank. I'm currently wearing a maxed lostmouth set, i need to know if it's worth the rp and AD to change sets. I'm a 4.2 Conq tank that focuses on tanking over dps, but i like being able to do my dailies in a timely manner

I have 140k+ hp, 97% DR with bondings, so I'm good defensively. But I'm not sure if the dmg increase for the orcus set is that significant enough for a GF to worry about it, considering i already have the maxed lol set.

Is it that noticeable for a GF? Worth it?

If you want to do Conq for not horrible solo times and occasionally DPS the occasional Tier1/Tier2 dungeon, I think Losty set will suit your needs just fine.

I would only swap to Orcus if you are planning to be a full time DPS GF and the difference in DPS potential I don't think will be that big (I'm not good with math like Sharpie, so I can't quite calculate the DPS boost).

I know @kacezet has recently made the change from a Losty set to Porkus set, but he's also a (mostly) fulltime DPS GF, so... I don't know what feedback he might have that would add to your decision.

• Options
    brick#6890 brick Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    Yeah, im not a full time dps gf. I'm a tank, I'm just at a point where i don't need to be prot, and my added dps just contributes to faster speed runs.
  • Options
    marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    If you are conq but leaning toward tank i would suggest Valhalla. Nothing comes near in efficiency when it comes down to tanking. You have plenty ways to add dps if you want to but no set will help more overall imho.

Orcus set will add some % which is most needed when it comes to bursting high numbers fast other than that you as a tank conq will not miss out on much compared to what Valhalla or full recovery set will offer..e
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I started off using an artifact set and after seeing them in use I simply removed them.

I wanted a neck that provided power, defense and AC: Lathander works perfect.
    I wanted the Lostmauth belt for the extra STR and DEX for added RI and Damage along with offensive stats.
    For artifacts I went with a mix for HP, Power, Crit, and Defense: Sigil of Controller, Sigil of Devoted, Sigil of the Guardian and Wheel of Elements.

As for gear I went with the chest plate that provides GF/OP 50K and used the Dragon Visage head for Arm Pen and more Power. Than I use Dusk gear that focused on defensive ability to boost defense and deflection.

I use the Moonbow companion for added 15% crit for myself and my group along with bonding for addition to defense. Than her gear is a mix between defense and offensive, mostly offensive.

I compared my old build to the new one and the new one has just as much ability to survive as a tank but now does way more damage.

My old build it took 25 minutes solo Barakas in Shores, yesterday it took 15 minutes.

You have to find a build that works for you. The artifacts other than the DPS ones from what I can see are not worth the investment from my experience. Just get artifacts that will help your build.

• Options
    kacezetkacezet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

I know @kacezet has recently made the change from a Losty set to Porkus set, but he's also a (mostly) fulltime DPS GF, so... I don't know what feedback he might have that would add to your decision.

I was using only belt&neck.

All I can say is with 100% crit chance Lostmauth set bonus was doing only around 300k dmg in a CN, it's pretty much worthless after the nerf, any other set will be better.
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    kacezet said:

rjc9000 said:

All I can say is with 100% crit chance Lostmauth set bonus was doing only around 300k dmg in a CN, it's pretty much worthless after the nerf, any other set will be better.
    kacezet said:

rjc9000 said:

It depends on his GF build and how he plans to play it.

If I was going full on tank, the Valhalla set artifacts have stats that are really good for a tank: Recovery, Defense, Deflection, HP, etc.. The set bonus itself is damage reduction, again, good for a tank.

If I was 100% tank for my GF, than Valhalla it would be for me, but that isn't how I play.

Another option is Seladine, but that set bonus is just huh...1% heal after taking in X amount of damage. I mean at 160K HP that is 1.6K health back after taking a hit for 16K or more in damage. Not a good choice IMO. The artifact itself with the ability to heal the group isn't bad, but that isn't a job of the tank, that is the job of a healer. The tank focus IMO is hold threat and buff the group up whenever possible.

• Options
    kallephi#0836 kallephi Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    If you are a tank you don't need Orcus Set. You said you just want to do the dailies. You don't need Orcus set just to do the dailies
    Ly'saaera, Hellbringer Fury Scourge Warlock of Thieves World
    Hælja, Swordmaster Conqueror Guardian Fighter of Thieves World