test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

can anyone tell which is better trans dread or vorpal?

habeeb#2206 habeeb Member Posts: 50 Arc User
Which is better ?

Comments

• Options
    werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    I think it is a frequently asked question but it is commonly admitted that:
    SB do most of their damage with encounters , so --> DREAD.
    HB use more at-wills , so --> VORPAL
  • Options
    reefriednunt#3177 reefriednunt Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    HB also use pillar of power which can't crit
  • Options
    geroslodgeroslod Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Lightning for HB... new approach to our role, better overall contribution to the party, massive dps not only in boss fights
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    As has been stated in a few places, including in my guide thread, the following is the current theory w/testing on the Test Share and live...

Dread is better for Soulbinders, and Vorpal is better for Hellbringer (yes, even though you use Pillar of Power you want the Owlbear(!), Vorpal is still better then Dread for HB).

Lightning is better for AoE damage, but SW aren't AoE masters... CWs/GWFs/HRs all do it better, so I wouldn't waste your time with it. Stay in the role we are made for, single target boss killer and let the other classes clear the way for you...

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    empty< remove.
    Post edited by hadestemplar#9918 on
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options

Lightning is better for AoE damage, but SW aren't AoE masters... CWs/GWFs/HRs all do it better, so I wouldn't waste your time with it. Stay in the role we are made for, single target boss killer and let the other classes clear the way for you...

This what you would get from my templock for such claims.

My templock HB's gameplay is around AoE, feated BoVa + PoP + fiery bolt. on top add owlbear cub companion, and I don't have any problem to go in any AoE fights, either its big He's, dungeons, or casual/random monsters wiping on open areas.

“The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

• Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User

This what you would get from my templock for such claims.

va8Ru.gif
  • Options

Gustave Le Bon.

• Options
    merhunesdagon1merhunesdagon1 Member Posts: 146 Arc User

As has been stated in a few places, including in my guide thread, the following is the current theory w/testing on the Test Share and live...

Dread is better for Soulbinders, and Vorpal is better for Hellbringer (yes, even though you use Pillar of Power you want the Owlbear(!), Vorpal is still better then Dread for HB).

Are you sure you're not a Soulbinder?
  • Options
    eaglerock#5178 eaglerock Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    null
    Lmao. That little exchange cracked me up. Ty.