test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ARC Overlay OVERALL a pain

mysticmarksmysticmarks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
edited February 2017 in Peer to Peer Tech Forum
The key binds are horrible, not being able to disable it and not use it is even worse. For those with that POS Additional resource hog plaguing your play window from randomly pressing it's default key cmbo, you need to set it in the arc settings under in-game to a key bind off of play keys. For the developers, overlay is ANOTHER additional application with more resources required. If you feel it's a great thing to have, at least allow disabling it completely. Arc overlay also ibugs and will open multiple new instances and threads. Fix the launcher instead of developing extra tools. As a developer, you not only need to, but MUST actually run this product on your low end specifications on a test unit(allowing detection). The in game graphics detection is trash(years here guys, you need to hear it). Your world/terrain/character detail render distances need to be examined again. The far render is ludicrous given your usage of rendered water(which in and of it self is horrible in practice for rendering resources). New content is plagued with continued old issues. There is a lack of knowledge in the team clearly on the math behind render volumes to determine optimization for range values. NURBS model optimizations. etc. Debris objects has a ludicrous volume setting for top values. Even that setting can lock out a lower graphics card the second they get called to render. 300?! Most users have no idea what that actually means in render terms. Get off your design rig. Heck, scale the whole darn team back for testing. The new control changes are getting way too heavy for new players. It also feels you've added a "counter" counter control possibly even inadvertently. It's difficult to tell since the control resist value and any % modifiers have never actually read out correctly, but in performance play its evident in the ACTUAL RETRACTION AFTER COMPLETING CASTS AND FULL REWIND. this isn't lag. I examined the connection in live and this is definitely in code. If this is an intended effect, it may be time to let this dragon sleep a while. If it's unintended, i suggest figuring out why its happening server wide to all players.This isn't just "lag". this is a new issue outside of leaks and genuine node lag.
Sometimes you're your own best teacher. ~Me
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by mysticmarks on

Comments

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Just don't use arc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • reddog7879reddog7879 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    As demon says, you don't need to have Arc running to play the games. Just go into the root directory that the games are installed in and make a shortcut to the main executable for that game to boot up and just drag that out to your desktop and use it.
    Voila! Problem solved because it'll only open the launcher for that game and then you can press play and go at that point. Trust me, I'd rather have a game without these extra hoops to jump through just to get them loaded up to play them. Only exception is if it is for Account security........and even then, I only have to actually worry about that once in a blue moon.