test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Leader /healing companions

brick#6890 brick Member Posts: 68 Arc User
I've been a long time augment companion user, but I've lately been playing around with bonding companions. I'm curious if leader/ healing companions proc bonding stones with their heals/ buffs.

Any advice for a ranged or leader companion?? I don't like the melee strikers or the defender companions.

Comments

• Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Yes they do.. so if you are thinking of lilith... go for it.

If you are trying to use bondings to proc rings for self buffs.

Don't do it.

All.underdark rings won't proc on companions or transfer their power to the user.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    I was under the impression that they did proc sudden rings and brutality rings. They got the buff and then i got the benefit through the bonding stones
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

I've been a long time augment companion user, but I've lately been playing around with bonding companions. I'm curious if leader/ healing companions proc bonding stones with their heals/ buffs.

Any advice for a ranged or leader companion?? I don't like the melee strikers or the defender companions.

Best healer is to stick a few Darks in the defensive slots of your companion.

If you actually want a healer type companion, I've heard good things from the Lizardfolk shaman and the occasional note from the Alchemist Experimenter.

While not a "conventional" healer, I've liked the Acolyte of Kelemvor, but she "heals" you via giving you 10% lifesteal, so she may not be the most reliable of comps.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    I'm not looking to stick darks on my companion, i was wondering if their heals activate bonding stones.

And i was looking for suggestions for ranged/ healing companions

Edit for spelling
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Let's be clear... right now underdark rings proc on companions. But after Feb 21 they won't
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    Ok, that's mod 11 for pc? Xbox isn't there yet, but that's good info to have
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Yeah you can get away with it for now but time passes quickly and you're best off working out your optimal gear ahead of time.

Bear in mind that companions that only use heals will only proc bondings when they start healing (i.e. you take damage), unlike strikers / controllers who will attack the enemy and proc. This can mean a delay in benefiting from them.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    Ok thank you for that info too.
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    Alchemist Experimenter.

He is a healer and damager. His damage ability is every 2 second and his healing ability is ever 6 seconds. If you want a healing companion that can process bonding stone, he is a good one to pick up. I know on PS4 I got an EPIC one for around 30K.
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    Pretty much all the best have already been point out here:
    Lillend (very powerfull but front fight or very limited, half ranged, she does get very close to the targets)
    Alchemist (will target allies and not enemies, it's more effective to heal back players in need)
    Lizardfolk shaman - Marshing blesses is probably the best healing power found in a companion, players with 200k hp will see crits for 150k(for a big area, osmething like 25') it's completly ranged companion, bondings can be proc by the dard, wich is reasonably fast, but 3 defence slots.

• Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    The best part of the Alchemist is his animation - he pelts your allies in the head with potions... LOVE IT
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Lillend lasts 4ever
    Angel of protection doesn't work with bondings, procs when you are near death
    Alchemist works well and 3x offense
    Priestess if sune is a bit slow in proccing but OK
    Battlefield medic procs pretty fast
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    @schietindebux battlefield medic is one of the best group healers......if it could heal everyone at once, i've seen the hot crit for 10k and the area is maybe something like 10' the problem is to heal an ally it will need to go almost to it's exact location making it a mess when it comes to proc bondings, about the angel it has 1 and 1 only power proccing bondings and that power requires you to be missing health, if you meant that almost dead because the lack of insta stats from bondings, in many cases yes.