test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Frost Enchant

brick#6890 brick Member Posts: 68 Arc User
Quick question, does anyone know if the frost weapon enchant procs crushing pin, trample the fallen, feated trample the fallen and the artifact off hand trample the fallen?

Comments

• dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    The frost effect is a CC, so Crushing Pin is applied.
    Trample the fallen is not a mob proc. Trample is on the attacker , not the mob.
    The attacker will do extra damage to CCed targets.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • brick#6890 brick Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    Thank you dread so if I'm understanding you correctly, attacking with frost weapon will proc crushing pin. So that mob will take more damage from all sources.

Frost will also activate trample the fallen for me personally, which will activate battle trample and the artifact off hand class feature for trample the fallen.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

Thank you dread so if I'm understanding you correctly, attacking with frost weapon will proc crushing pin. So that mob will take more damage from all sources.

Frost will also activate trample the fallen for me personally, which will activate battle trample and the artifact off hand class feature for trample the fallen.

... Why are you bothering to use Frost as a Trample proccer?

If you're picking up Trample, you're planning on DPSing. Frost sucks for dealing damage and only really useful on supporting/debuffing builds.

You might as well use Knee Breaker, whose slow lasts a long enough time to give you good uptime on Trample, as well as dealing good damage and proccing Crushing Pin (sadly, Crushing Pin only procs from the initial "kicking" hit, so it only activates once).

If your DC is running Hastening Light/OP has Wisdom/you have loads of recovery, you can refresh the Knee Breaker effect before it wears off, giving you some more THIS. IS. SPARTA! action, as well as more Trample.

And also, I am fairly certain the Frost enchantment CANNOT proc Crushing Pin (unlike the weirdo Chromatic Storm Lightning). I need to give this a look on preview to confirm, since Chromatic Storm, oddly enough, puts the Crushing Pin symbol on enemies.

Because I'm thinking that running frost with all the possible procs from crushing pin, trample the fallen and battle trample would be a decent dps increase for a tactician gf. Using cleave to spread the frost procs around to everything would be nice.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

Because I'm thinking that running frost with all the possible procs from crushing pin, trample the fallen and battle trample would be a decent dps increase for a tactician gf. Using cleave to spread the frost procs around to everything would be nice.

On preview, a T. Frost does not proc Crushing Pin, unlike the oddity of Chromatic Storm (I'm still in the middle of figuring out that mystery).

@dread4moor, whatcha talking about? Frost doesn't proc Crushing Pin. I'm not even sure Frost spreads Trample (yay testing stuff with multiple DoTs). Did you go out and hand-test this, or are you just trusting the tooltips??????

Anyways, on mobs, ET will spread Frost much better than Cleave, since ET is going to hit many more targets than Cleave will (and ET, unlike Cleave, isn't clunky to use).

On bosses, there's only one target worth debuffing with Frost, meaning it doesn't matter what you use to proc Frost with on boss fights.

For Battle Trample, I'll quote @xsayajinx1, an IV GF expert, on how "good" Battle Trample is:

Note: Battle Trample feat (2nd row tactician tree) is very very bad and adds about 1-1.5% of your total damage. I would skip it any time.

(Yo Haxolute, if you have anything to add that I missed or want to tear me a new one for any misinformation you found, feel free to do so.)

If you really want to deal decent DPS in PvE as a Tactician, you would need to use typical DPS stuff (Offense comp, Vorpal, +damage comps, Combat Superiority, etc.) to make a decent dent on anything. But at that point, you're playing a watered down Conqueror and missing out on stuff which makes a Tactician a Tactician.

If you invested that much in DPS gear, you might as well give up the Tactician mantle and try Conqueror.

That's just the kind of info I'm looking for, assuming it's correct. Xbox players have a harder time testing things without atc and other mods that would help with testing.

So we often rely on the feedback and testing of the pc community. Which brings up the next problem, you and dread both seem very knowledgeable about the gf, but both have differnt facts about what procs what and how feats interact with certain abilities.

But you're most likely correct, it's better to just go vorpal and take the guessing work out of it
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    These game mechanics are often subtle. Two well meaning people can disagree about covert data, @brick.
    Not personal. I respect @rjc9000. He is very knowledgeable and most of the time he is right.
    Not this time, however.
    I recorded and measured the frost slow. Not opinion. Observed fact.
    NULL HYPOTHESIS
    There is no diference in run speed with or without the Frost Enchantment debuff.
    METHOD
    1) Test GF w max CPin stripped, with (regular) Frost Enchant. No other CC powers, feats or equipment.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/114hdDQr0MXbJsEgy-2lvoNULEk1336kdbWw9S1SBvwI/pub
    2) Test GF vs Drow Slaver, aggroed without hit, retreat measured 40 (scaled) meters, recorded w Microsoft Problems step recorder/timed. Repeated 12 times. Ave 5 seconds.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VInunXx1eC6RzJiUZprLHg_r3ADI-Cym_mz6aJlBNC8/pub
    3) Repeat aggro with single tide of iron w (regular) frost and retreat 40 (scaled) meters, recorded on PSRecorder and timed. Repeated it a dozen times. Ave ~6.5 seconds.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/19FNro8wREuxV2dBvnaDtuw_H2I3ZsoGReA5PqYOoGnE/pub
    Also note the "frozen legs" animation, "chill" icon .
    Not on my own computer tonight so cant post the PSR, will upload it later if interested and the ACT parse showing difference in damage with/without CPin with no other control power but regular Frost.
    CONCLUSION
    As of this posting, on Dragon Server, Frost Enchant has a slow of ~25-30%.
    DISCUSSION
    Haven't tried frost on preview. Perhaps the CC has been removed for Mod11 and that is what my respected colleague is referring to.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
    No disrespect meant toward either of you, like i said both of you are very knowledgeable about our class.

I'm just curious if the enchant procs crushing pin, trample the fallen, battle trample and the off hand class feature for trample